Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Gigan's Mobile Missle Launcher "SCUD"

Make everybodys dream come true and make your SCUD a Topal. :D

800px-Moscow_Parad_2008_Ballist.jpg

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Make everybodys dream come true and make your SCUD a Topal. :D

Keep the SCUD too, that way there will be three different TEL vehicles :)

One more thing, after creating 3 scuds in editor and giving comand for 3 teammates to get as driver in every SCUD, and giving them command to shoot at three diferent places unfortunatelly all missiles strikes at same point. I just wanted to watch 3 big "badabums"

but they all bangs in same place...

You gotta point the right coordinates in the scripts, means, for every AI launched scud, you need to exe one separate script.sqf which include the destination coordinates ;)

LMAO, why is it carrying a giant dildo?.. :butbut:......:j:

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Hi,

My game is 1.05 patched.

I try this addon but i have some bugs !

I use it alone ...

I use the mission in the directory.

I add another player.

I put it on a dedicated server.

I play it...

The player whose firing the scud see Cloud, Dust and light.

The other player see the start of the scud and nothing else.

No dust no cloud and no light ... but he can die ...?????

What's wrong ????

first I'm hearing of this mysterious bug...will look into it but so far I'd say if you were trying to add another player in the demo mission provided, that would most likely b the problem considering its a 1player demo mission.

Aren't the effects local to whoever fires it? The explosion and kill radius are the same for both players but i think the effects are local to the person who turned the keys. ;)

One more thing, after creating 3 scuds in editor and giving comand for 3 teammates to get as driver in every SCUD, and giving them command to shoot at three diferent places unfortunatelly all missiles strikes at same point. I just wanted to watch 3 big "badabums"

but they all bangs in same place...

Try the ArmA1 script method. It might work, let us know. I haven't DL'd this yet.

does anybody have the same trouble than me ???

Yes I have the same issue no matter where we use the scud, only the person launching it sees the effects. I hope it can be resolved. Also same issue with no scud explosions at different places when multiple are fired, will try that script provided above to fix. Really cool addon though :D

Scripted effects like this need to be run on each client. It's easy to miss doing that when developing, but also fairly easy to fix using calls to run those scripts remotely using either BI or CBA routines.

You're welcome to look at the source for my nuke as guidance for what to run where if that'll help.

I'm getting some errors when trying to use this. Basically I just put the pbo's in its own mod directory and I'm getting file not found, script not found etc. Am I supposed to put .sqf & .sqm files somewhere?

That nuke was bugged since Armed Assault. I was preparing a mission where a nuke goes off and while I, the "server" enjoyed the amazing spectacle, the other three player just wandered around wondering what is going on.

Something has to be done for such global effects. Why is synchronization so hard to do? Same goes for the dynamic weather effects and the JTD fire and smoke addon. It really kills me! is there a topic about that subject?

I am not sure what words to use to search for it~

Arma nukes by Takko worked perfectly on dedicated server. Didn't test them out in A2...

That nuke was bugged since Armed Assault. I was preparing a mission where a nuke goes off and while I, the "server" enjoyed the amazing spectacle, the other three player just wandered around wondering what is going on.

Something has to be done for such global effects. Why is synchronization so hard to do? Same goes for the dynamic weather effects and the JTD fire and smoke addon. It really kills me! is there a topic about that subject?

I am not sure what words to use to search for it~

It has to do with multiple machines and that some functions in the game are not global in effect. Understanding those issues is a major part of getting a mod to work well in multiplayer. Too little and effects don't work, do too much and you induce lag/de-sync issues.

Topics involving multiplayer mod design are discussed in the "Arma 2 Editing" forum sections if that helps any.

Icebreakr is right, my nukes worked perfectly in mp. I'm going to port them

although I remember that I've helped Bktman with the scripts for his ArmA 2 version.

Did he ever get to release it?

is a unit released who is resistence agains contaminated area after the missle??

Edited by swateinheit

you guys have to understand that It's not going to work in multiplayer like it should, I am not familiar with that type of animation scripting. If you know anything about it plz PM me and I can send you the PBO's and you can have at it, remember its still beta for a reason :P

@ Swat, I think someone is working on a bio suit, but its not released yet.

hello,

i used the V 0.8 at this Moment and tested 0.9 now....amaizing : ) !

Can i use this in a Coop with a Trigger Start and set the Warhead in Trigger too ?

THX in advance

Ok, having a problem with this. When launching, it gives error: ca\data\particleeffects\fireandsmokeanim\smokeanim.p3d . And i know that Arma 2 uses ca\data\particleeffects\universal\... So, whutta hells going on? Those videos must be from Armed Assault. Not from Arma2 . Is there anyone who has a same problem? :confused:

Sorry, if this area of problem is allready there and sumone has solved it. Please, gimme a hand a bit. :)

Edited by hytizz

i do't have much exp with this addon, but i've used it a couple times, in mission and i was able to setup the scud, launch it and see it go boom. seemed to work fine for me. haven't tried it in OA with CO running but.

Forgot to mention that mushroom doesn´t have "leg". Like that pilar of smoke dont show at all because of that error message. So thats why those videos must be from Armed Assault(first).