Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Gigan's Mobile Missle Launcher "SCUD"

Forgot to mention that mushroom doesn´t have "leg". Like that pilar of smoke dont show at all because of that error message. So thats why those videos must be from Armed Assault(first).

Look again, those vids are clearly showing ArmA 2. The second vid is even on Utes which is a BIS ArmA 2 map.

Ok, having a problem with this. When launching, it gives error: ca\data\particleeffects\fireandsmokeanim\smokeanim.p3d . And i know that Arma 2 uses ca\data\particleeffects\universal\... So, whutta hells going on? Those videos must be from Armed Assault. Not from Arma2 . Is there anyone who has a same problem? :confused:

Sorry, if this area of problem is allready there and sumone has solved it. Please, gimme a hand a bit. :)

So how come this thing is happening. How come its trying to get 'fireandsmokeanim' instead of 'universal' witch are from totally different games??

Explain me that.

So how come this thing is happening. How come its trying to get 'fireandsmokeanim' instead of 'universal' witch are from totally different games??

Explain me that.

I don't know what you're doing wrong. The vids clearly show ArmA 2 and especially for you i've tested it and it worked without any error messages.

Make sure you test it without any other addons loaded. The SCUD works also the effects. Maybe redownload it as you might have got a older version. Use the link in the first post.

Oh, and i also checked the scripts, none of them was using fireandsmokeanim.p3d at all.

Well obviously they did use, cause i solved this problem myself. Found a tool for pbo:s and insert this particle effect section from arma 1 and changed it back to pbo. Works fine now. Still made backup for original pbo. Thats it dude.

Carry on fella.

More obvious that you had an outdated version since:

- it didn't showed any error on my side

- in none of the files there were any reference to old style particle effects

Could you please point which file had the old particleparameters?

Dude.

Not an issue anymore. It works now perfectly, so no need to discuss this anymore.

By the way, i use multiple mods and addons and so on and so on. This might be the main reason for this in the first place. My game is in date and ace2mod is in date and everything else in this game was last piece of any dated material. So i just fixed this problem my way this time.

Ca\data\particleeffects\fireandsmokeanim\smokeanim.p3d is from Armed Assaults data/particle/... section. Arma2 otherhand uses Ca\data\particleeffects\universal\... So theres difference between ArmA and ArmA2.

And i took this addon from armaholic and it was latest. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8495 <--from there.

Yup!

No need to teach me, i have the GIG scud files here but couldn't find any reference to fireandsmokeanim in those files anywhere. ;)

The reason i'm still after is to see what was wrong to prevent other users stumble upon the same problem in the future. Might be the armaholic mirror is not up to date, then i would tell Foxhound to update his mirror.

So in which script did you found the old particle reference and could you please download the addon from the first post of this thread (as i did) and thest with this version again? Not for me, not for you but for anyone else that might download this addon in the future.

Ok dude! :)

I'll come back soon and tell if the addon file was old. It seems same by the size of the file, but that doesnt tell the truth. I think.

I just now have to use my backup and see whats gonna happen.

See you soon dude.

P.S. Im not gonna uncompress this scud to find those parameters. So i just try this one(from the top of this topic).

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Nope! Didn´t work. Same thing with this one(to of the topic).

Well, i did open pbo anyways and try to find where it goes wrong.

PHEW! Huge work to come! :)

P.S. Im gonna change back that modded Ca-file. :)

rgr on that.

You have to agree that it is odd that i didn't encountered the problems you've described nor was it reported by anyone else.

Yes dude! I agree with ya! Its odd! Maybe its because of i use effects modifications for example GL4. I prefer that peoples try to organise theyr files good! Maybe mine´s not so fine organised.

P.S. Where you from dude. Im from Finland. *Shake hands* Nice to see ya dude!

Sorry for the bump, but I sort of get a error nuke explosion......I only see the 'mushroom' part of the mushroom cloud explosion, and no 'stem'. But somehow, when using loki's nuke, i see the full effect. Anyone got this problem?

Turns out there I have missing texture for lk's nuke also.

Edited by ray243

I have installed the mod and works fine as far as 1 player can see the nuke effects only in multiplayer!?!?! I am the host and when friends join 'the' player that launches the nuke is the only one that can see the explosion??? Am I doing something wrong?

Same here, I think theres no way around that, only the player who launch it can see the effect. But radiation still works for everybody.

Also we use this on a Warfare server, When fire a nuke in a town, the Nuke will destroy town DEPOTS, makeing it unable to capture.

Can this be altered so it wont destroy depots?

Hi,

Can someone explain to me, in simple instructions how I can make this work with a non-dedicated lan party game?

I just want to make this work on a server I host from ingame for me and my buddies. Untill now I only installed scripts that could be pasted into the mission folder. How do I install this?