Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Gigan's Mobile Missle Launcher "SCUD"

Actually both happen. You get dust flying outward during initial shock-wave ( out-in motion ) and then inward rush NEAR the column as the vortex cloud rises.

As I said on another thread, I admire anyone who actually codes a nuke in ArmA because of the technical challenges of getting all the special effects to work and not bringing the game to a screaching halt.

So kudos for Drew. :thumbsup:

great news

Lucilk has released an updated version of the SCUD I converted, this download fixes many problems with the first, Includes Nuclear Effects/Aftermath that the previous SCUD left out, Please Download this, this is quite amazing, Thanks again Lucilk!

As I said on another thread, I admire anyone who actually codes a nuke in ArmA because of the technical challenges of getting all the special effects to work and not bringing the game to a screaching halt.

So kudos for Drew. :thumbsup:

ahem? kudos to Lucilk! :cheers:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Nice going, I hoping we can see this model with a conventional warhead as well. It is multi-player compatiable?

-Ziggy-;1505413']ahem? kudos to Lucilk! :cheers:

Kudos to Lucilk, but also Kudos to me for porting it muahahaha :p

isnt there already a challenger tank imported? the UK tank right?

And yep on both smoke up and down happening. The dust along the ground is the actual shockwave kicking up dust. The mushroom cloud is created by two things: The part of the shockwave that goes downwards into the ground and bounces on the ground, reflecting upwards, and the vacuum bubble that 'sucks' in dust and air to reach a normalized air pressure.

That is why ground level detonations don't really get a mushroom could, but just a crapload of kicked up dust and dirt, while low and medium altitude air bursts are what creates the iconic mushroom clouds.

-Ziggy-;1505565']not a tank' date=' the car! vroom vroom, weeeee![/quote']

oh you mean this?

DodgeChallenger.jpg

i think a new update is coming, need to change some parameters to make it MP compatible... and some tweaks... anything alse?

Did u guys try out droping the 80 KT bomb on Chernogorsk... :| did your computer explode, i hope the nuke dont kill your computers...

Please post any wishes for this addon

Hi Drew, is a awesome mod you create here.

Just a request if you can, you can add a action were we launch a scud without there is someone in the vehicle ? If possible, i appreciated that :D

No in action context, with a radio or script in editor ? :p

Thank you again! :D

Hi Drew, is a awesome mod you create here.

Just a request if you can, you can add a action were we launch a scud without there is someone in the vehicle ? If possible, i appreciated that :D

No in action context, with a radio or script in editor ? :p

Thank you again! :D

It's possible to add that, I'm also working on a config that allows you to place a SCUD that is already in the launch position. but I am not the creator of this addon, all I did was port it :o You can thank Gigan & Vilas for the addon

Cool, is there a way to work in a E.M.P. pulse after words? (the explosion)

:| ... did any of you opened the pbo, and have a look inside, i deleted like 25 files so it should be clean now, you can make what ever you want with the nuke, the 80 kt is inside called nuke.sqf, if you know particles you know how to do it.

just extract that from the pbo..., cancel the damage and play around.

Launching the nuke from the ground .... i think it might need 5 files to do that, 3 allready inside the addon and 2 more for the action.

The thing is that the actual missile is not solid, you can go trough it, remember that..

I need to update it, i found some bugs..

Regardless of the altitude, there is a shock-wave that kicks up dust, then the immense heat from the bast sucks the air around into and up the column of smoke, debris and fire.

Here is a video of a ground burst 15kt cannon round, with all the trimmings. :yay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qwsG2TRJiU

You'll notice a lack of a ginormous gray cloud moving at the camera. :p

My concept for a proper nuke shock-wave effect would be similar to the Mk.82 and LGBs in the WarFX pack-thing by Optical snare, there is a shock-wave of little dust particles. Only it would be moving at mach 2.

After that, there would be large dust clouds raising from the earth and rolling back to ground-zero in a wave trailing about 1 and a half seconds after the initial blase-wave.

At ground-zero there would be a large dust-cloud that moves very sharply and not very far from the blast-area, this is synced with the aforementioned shock-wave. 1.5 seconds after the blast it would recede back into the fireball. It would probably have a 100-200 meter radius. Simultaneously with the outward blast, there would be a fireball created that initially has a flattened spherical shape, that eventually rises and forms the mushroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwypurWTJxQ - Area blast effects

- Mushroom cloud effect

And can you make it so that the blinding effect is created by an actual light that lasts a few seconds?

It would A. make it more realistic, B. make it less annoying when someone drops a bomb across the map from you and there are a couple mountains in the way, and C. make it more epic, especially at night.

Could you also make it so that if you're not anywhere near the irradiated zone you don't have the color mod?

I have a question though, is the above suggestions possible, let alone all the other babble I threw in there? :j:

i am sorry guys i got 3 projects now, the nuke is last, i still need to figure out the things you just said, i know how a nuke looks like belive me i watched a lot of movies, but... you got to understand that arma 2 doesn`t have the resources for this kind of weapon , the nuke is built from particles effect meaning fire and smoke from blown up vehicles, its hard to make realistic, i tried... o belive i tried, i just said that i dont recive nothing from making this, yes Gigans Scud is not mine the blast is modified and i made some changes to damage and radiation zone, if you guys can help out unpbo the addon and give it a try, no one is gonna be mad.

I'm gonna be furious! lol jk, but in all seriousness if you feel you can do a beter job than whats already been done (and believe me, its a good ammount done to it already) than like lucilk said un-pbo it and give it a shot and post your results here if you want.

I used cloudlets for mine ( ACE ). It certainly can be tuned more. But a lot easier than the loop used in the original Gigan nuke and a lot less laggy.

ACE has a nuke in-game. Maybe take a look at theirs and see what can be done with the SCUD version?

Didnt notice that one, where? I know it probably should be asked in ACE2 topic but I'll just ask it quickly here :)

You have to put in in using the ?EASA? Module. You put a certain code into the init. Then you can load a nuke?s? onto an aircraft and drop it on target. AFAIK It could be adapted to the SCUD.