Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Too bad BI dropped the ball ... great game now.

IMO it's a shame that it took 5 patches to get ArmA2 to where it should have been on first release.

With all the improvements it's now a phenomenal game/sim but for the most part , only those of us that stuck by them are benefiting from the improvements.

Hard to say what kind of reviews and sales numbers would have come out on first release if the game had been as awesome as it is today.

And in only a few short months ... we could have waited (at least some of us anyway :p ).

I for one am not the least bit sorry I stuck with it.:)

This is how it always works with BIS. Thats why i always said no one should listen to reviewers about these games in the beginning. In fact - the reviewers should have learned by now. But as we can see from most reviews they even miss out 50% of the game by not mentioning how much you can do with the game. They test the campaign and some official missions and thats where it ends... They should have learned by now.

"We could have waited?"

Not a chance buddy. To me this game has been fun since start (like all 3). It has been fun because learning the editor is an ongoing thing. Messing around and testing, messing around and testing. Has worked perfect since day one. And to be honest playing the official missions in the beginning (not the campaign) also worked and was fun to me.

IMO it's a shame that it took 5 patches to get ArmA2 to where it should have been on first release.

With all the improvements it's now a phenomenal game/sim but for the most part , only those of us that stuck by them are benefiting from the improvements.

Hard to say what kind of reviews and sales numbers would have come out on first release if the game had been as awesome as it is today.

And in only a few short months ... we could have waited (at least some of us anyway :p ).

I for one am not the least bit sorry I stuck with it.:)

What?!? Like the same reviewers that RAVED about Dragon Rising? Who cares?

Actually things have turned out not too badly at all with a sudden influx of DR/MW2 refugees trying ArmA just as it's really coming into its own and these improvements will feed the upcoming stand-alone expansion. I've certainly enjoyed having it to use and develop missions for in the meantime and I doubt that many of the issues now resolved or being worked on would have been so far along if this period had been restricted to a small test group.

i dont know any game thats bug free right out of the box, i mean how can it? they may have been beta tested but not to the extent gamers that pay for something test things.

if a game ever was made that was perfect from the getgo....it would be full of lies!

Actually things have turned out not too badly at all with a sudden influx of DR/MW2 refugees trying ArmA just as it's really coming into its own and these improvements will feed the upcoming stand-alone expansion.

++++++ 1 x 100.

How did BI drop the ball by supporting the game? I think they did a great job, even though I sometimes state otherwise.

Yeah, BIS did themselves no favors by rushing the game out a few months too soon. On the other hand, at least things will be ready for OA...

How did BI drop the ball by supporting the game?

Thats totally missing the point. Its not about the support they have (no question) its about release date and issues = people walked away too soon.

5 patches? Did 1.05 come out and I'm not aware of it yet?

Thats totally missing the point. Its not about the support they have (no question) its about release date and issues = people walked away too soon.

Yeah, but it was expected. I mean, it happened three times in a row by then. There's always bound to be teething problems, BI products just have huge teeth.

5 patches? Did 1.05 come out and I'm not aware of it yet?

Don't you know about the beta patches you can try out?? :rolleyes:

Been some major improvements to game play that will be released as an official 1.5 patch later , but you are certainly welcome to try the beta's out first.

I dont piss about with the betas, I wait for the officials:D

Your very own fault then. Except one small issue I never had any problems with the betas so far. And you can go back to 1.04 at any time by removing the beta Mod folder from your shortcut.

Besides that, what you think the public betas are? Unofficial? :p

sadly new beta isn't THAT great.

still waiting aswers to thousands performance issues

people are having in this game.

Yes Arma2 is good playeble after 5 Patches now, but hey....It really should be!!!..I bought the german version on the first day and it was just a nightmare.

If they´ve just waited 1/2 - 1 year more we could maybe have multicore support and a bugFREE campaign. But its ok i can live with how armaII is now with further support from BI. The Retailversion, was a joke-.-

It's no good passively waiting for Bis to fix everything for you.

Take an active role: get those betas installed and report any problems you find in the DevHeaven bug tracker.

If they´ve just waited 1/2 - 1 year more we could maybe have multicore support

We already have multicore support.

Granted, chances are if BIS had delayed arma 2 until now, it probably would not be in the condition it is today. It would be better then initial release, but it would not be as good as it is now with out the community support and beta testing.

Granted, chances are if BIS had delayed arma 2 until now, it probably would not be in the condition it is today. It would be better then initial release, but it would not be as good as it is now with out the community support and beta testing.

And That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles.

u dont know what your missing, the beta's are awesome

I suspect it would have made them a hell of a lot more money, if it was released in its current "beta/patch 1.05" type state.

Which is the whole point in them making games in the first place.

I suspect it would have made them a hell of a lot more money, if it was released in its current "beta/patch 1.05" type state.

Which is the whole point in them making games in the first place.

yes but without releasing the game and having 1000's test the full version, along with testing the countless Beta patches, how is this possible?

the game wouldn't be where it is now with beta 60XXX patch and that patch wouldn't be what it is without everyone here posting the bugs they find.

there are countless games out there and every single one is patched or should i say PC version. thank your lucky stars that BI are infact working with us to make the game right. its 1000 times more than can be said of any other game co. hell look at BF2....thats been out how long? and its on what patch now? 1.50 its still not right but it doesn't make it a bad game.

nothing is perfect out of the box, especially a game and that is never perfected without the gamers participation and input to the devs.

nothing is perfect out of the box, especially a game and that is never perfected without the gamers participation and input to the devs.

Exactly. Its been the same with all the BI games.

I've said it before and I'll say another million times I'm sure. Patience is the key with OpF A1 and A2; the result? A brilliant, tight milsim worthy of game of the year.

And yes IMO people walked away WAY to soon.

How much better did the 1.05 beta make the game? Anything significant in terms of performance?

Im going to have to try it out.