Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Russian Armour Pack with BTRs v6.0

Russian Armor Pack V8.0::bounce3:

T-90A T-90S T-80UD T-80UK T-80UM1 T-72Mp T-72bm,BTR-80 Variants.

Require extended eventhandlers to run or use CBA addons package.

Changelog:V8.0 Muzzel flashes on some tanks were off centre.Fixed now.

Added T-90um1 Winter skin version.Fixed the Driver views so now they are drivable in the turnout view.Fixed the T-72s hatch (switched to T-90 hatches as I didn't know how to reconfigure the axis on the hinges)

!!!!!NOTE!!!!! BTR's cause issues with the mlrs and BM21 grads,something happens to those vehicle's guners.I have no idea how to fix this so use caution when putting the Btr's in missions.Tanks are fine though.If anyone knows how to fix this tell me and I'll do it for next version.The BTR's.These have their own slots and can be found under Russia/Btr variants(not under armour!!!).

The rvmat's make it dependent on the tracked.pbo.The only way I could get around this was to add them into the tracked.pbo package.All you do is de-pbo the tracked.pbo and add the included rvmats to the data\detailmappy directory.If you DON'T do this, what will happen is the game will nag you about it on startup and the textures will be flat/matt without the ArmaII "shinyness"(no biggy really but I personally like the shiny textures better).

other than these little problems they work great,look great(better than they did in ArmaI) and add alot more variety.Tanks also have defensive systems so they can survive longer.Enjoy.

If anyone wants to try to fix this little issue please give me a holler.Would be nice to have them perfected.

Thanks to ModEmMaik,Marijus, and Snoops for helping this project along...couldn't have done it without ya.

Also IKE for shatora Script that Marijus packed in the previous release,And Sea Demon for the btr models.

PLEASE READ THIS...

Its come to my attention that these addons need CBA to run.I did not know this until now,so I apologize that I didn't forsee this when writing the readme.Hope it didn't cause to much frustration.I think what happened is I had installed the CBA before I ported these over,thus not knowing it was need all along...duh,hehe.

download:

http://www.filefront.com/15067681/RussianArmourPackArmA2Ver8.0.7z

OR a Newer version9.0 Download as of july10/2010 (changed some textured versions of the T80UM1)

http://www.filefront.com/16972071/Ru...Ver9.0ACEX2.7z

BTRs-1.jpg

Edited by 343rdBadger

Btr variants required crewman arma1 and extended_eventhandlers

problemd.jpg

Edited by kheiro

This addon work 100% in ArmaII + Community Base addons nice 6 BTR !) I put my AI in BTR) Probably in the new version there will be crewman)

(sorry for bad english)

Edited by Keshman

Thanks man but even if i love APCs with stuff, these models once ingame are not so...nice

updated the download by adding the event handlers and changing crew to Arma 2.Shouldn't kick up a fuss now.

Its come to my attention that these addons need CBA to run.I did not know this until now...infact,I really don't know "Why" it is needed even?,so I apologize that I didn't foresee this when writing the readme.Hope it didn't cause to much frustration.I "THINK" what happened, is I had installed the CBA stuff on my comp BEFORE I ported these over,thus not knowing it was needed all along...duh,hehe.Goes to show we shouldn't really mess with what we don't understand...haha.This is just my theory but I'm stickin to it.

Edited by 343rdBadger

no hope to see the rvmat issue solved?also,why 2 threads about the same addon?

also,why 2 threads about the same addon?

Yes, please close the old threads when you create a new one for a newer version. I never know where to look, especially when people ask questions in both threads. It got very confusing in A1 when there was multiple threads and people wouldn't bother to make sure they were posting the correct thread.

Just a suggestion. Either way...... Thanks for bringing the BTR's to A2. It's nice to see some. Your time and dedication to the community is greatly appreciated.

Thanks GD! I kept getting errors on start up and my .rpt exploded with the old version, hopefully this rvmat change helps me with that.

EDIT:

Yes, the error message at the main menu upon start up doesn't appear anymore. I haven't checked the .rpt yet but to be honest I don't really care about that. It was that error message that bugged me. Obviously it wasn't a game killer but I just refuse to use content that does that anymore. Yup, I'm lazy. ;)

Edited by Manzilla

did anybody else have problem with this addon regarding messin up my CDF RUS INS and GUR. car's ,MRLS when i get it into the editor us a gunner {only shows AI stering at the sea no car no soldier in editor}there is noting when i get as a driver there no gunner {this addon works as it self however it messes up those mentioned above???? got CBA got event hendlers

Its come to my attention that these addons need CBA to run.I did not know this until now...infact,I really don't know "Why" it is needed even?,so I apologize that I didn't foresee this when writing the readme.Hope it didn't cause to much frustration.I "THINK" what happened, is I had installed the CBA stuff on my comp BEFORE I ported these over,thus not knowing it was needed all along...duh,hehe.Goes to show we shouldn't really mess with what we don't understand...haha.This is just my theory but I'm stickin to it.

As long as you use any eventhandlers at all in your addon it is good practice to use Extended Eventhandlers (that are in CBA), since otherwise it completely breaks compatability with other addons doing something with the same eventhandler on the same class.

Say that one addon comes with an init eventhandler for the BTR, and then another addon wants to do something else with the BTR that requires an init eventhandler. Suddenly that addon overwrites the old init eventhandler, and something has just stopped working.

Extended Eventhandlers are fixing that by letting addons have several eventhandlers of the same type on the same thing, preventing them from overwriting eachother.

Yes please everyone making content take Inkompetent's word to heart. Using XEH(now part of CBA) will greatly improve the compatibility with much of the A2 stuff. I gotta say though, it's nice to see a push by much of the community to require XEH in their content. Cheers to everyone pushing for widespread use since A1, I rarely see conflicts in A2. At least the serious ones.

So well done Badger! ;)

Yeah well stupid me rared/zipped up the wrong "extended event" file.I accidently zipped the bisign event file instead of the event pbo itself from some slx version by mistake...duh...hell,I'm not sure what file is really needed anymore, but I'm thinking as long as you have CBA activated,its ok.IF you don't use CBA,THIS file(the one in the new upload) SHOULD allow the addon to be loaded.I'm re-upping the armour pac later today with it in.Just gimme a couple hours to see if I can fix the commander turn out position(it got messed up somwhere along the line and I'm not sure how to fix it)he's too far back in the turrent and looks outside the turret hatch while turned out.:mad:

What I REALLY need to do is join some addon group and learn more.:p

Edited by 343rdBadger

The latest version of this mod is not compatible with FFAA Terrorist Vechiles apparently because all of the vechiles I place have only drivers & no crew/gunners lol :(

where to put this tracked pbo?I see only smurfera.pbo and btr.pbo......

New version 7.0 update in first post of this thread.Couldn't fix the problem/conflict with other vehicle/addons, but from what I could tell its only the btr's causing the issues not the tanks.First post explains new version changes...ie...drivers can now "see" out their hatches when turned out.Hope this takes alittle stress off the pack issues and I hope you Enjoy them as much as I do.

I really want this mod, but i don't understand how to install the effects so I can get the "shinyness".

I really want this mod, but i don't understand how to install the effects so I can get the "shinyness".

Just copy and paste the Dta/bin.pbo to the desktop then open it up using a program like cpbo, eliteness, pboview, etc. Then inside there place the file from the RVMAT folder that's in the DL. then repack the bin folder in to a .pbo and place back in the Dta folder. I'd make sure there's a copy of the original bin.pbo as well. Just in case it doesn't work.

Or you can download the updated "tracked.pbo" file that I uploaded (post #11). :)

343rdBadger, If you'd like to use the updated "tracked.pbo" with your next update, go right ahead.

Edited by GD Mast

Just copy and paste the Dta/bin.pbo to the desktop then open it up using a program like cpbo, eliteness, pboview, etc. Then inside there place the file from the RVMAT folder that's in the DL. then repack the bin folder in to a .pbo and place back in the Dta folder. I'd make sure there's a copy of the original bin.pbo as well. Just in case it doesn't work.

doesnt work tried it by the way where is this tracked file i unpbo couldnt find it