Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

Great air support scripts you have here. The only problem I am having is that sometimes anyone who dies gets the option for air support when they respawn. I'm trying to limit it to one player. Can you help me with this?

Great air support scripts you have here. The only problem I am having is that sometimes anyone who dies gets the option for air support when they respawn. I'm trying to limit it to one player. Can you help me with this?

If you want that one person to be the team leader then here's the way I use.

In the init of the TL

Alpha=group this;

Or whatever callsign

Then call the script in a trigger or however you want

nul = [Leader alpha,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cbumine","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf";

This way only the person who is currently the leader of that group can call the air support. Not anyone else, even those who respawn. Hope that helps :)

@ DRAPER,

I have been trying to contact you. Idea for 2.0 Air Support... under fixed wing, have a supply drop option, then map click and c130 flies over and drops out ammo box or something of that nature. would be amazing. Very nice script BTW. I use it online on almost ALL my missions...

@ DRAPER,

I have been trying to contact you. Idea for 2.0 Air Support... under fixed wing, have a supply drop option, then map click and c130 flies over and drops out ammo box or something of that nature. would be amazing. Very nice script BTW. I use it online on almost ALL my missions...

If you have Operation Arrowhead, you can use the simple support module for ammo-drops. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101872

It's true it would be simple to do, but since I'm going away from the action menu system in favor of dialogs for v2.0 so I can do more advanced things (like multiple bomb drops to various targets and having planes orbit at the ready before being called in) I probably won't have that very soon, although I'll certainly work on it in the future.

As for using OA, I'm greatly anticipating the UPS guy coming tomorrow so I don't know fully what BIS has done, but maybe I can work in an integration with their module to speed things up.

As for using OA, I'm greatly anticipating the UPS guy coming tomorrow so I don't know fully what BIS has done, but maybe I can work in an integration with their module to speed things up.

There is a module used for several different types of support (ammo drops, air-strikes, reinforcements, mortars and artillery) which is very easy to use, and contains voiced dialoge aswell, although very simple and short.

Cool, sounds like what I was hoping for in the original ARMA 2!

Hi there, just wanted to say that this is a fantastic script, though it did take some co-ercing to build it into domination! And it still has a few glitches I'm trying to track down.

Just a few things to consider, particularly if you're working on a v2 already. Multiplayer capability, I know you've got it here as a fix, and it works well enough, but occasionally I'll get other players on the server gaining the capability to call the support in. Also, from time to time, the role I want to have the capability will gain a second menu option also allowing the support. (Any hints as to what I may have done wrong would be welcome ;)

Second, I know there is an AC-130 script out there by Lurchi, which might make a nice addition to the list of support available, as it is, I have it running alongside, but having it built-in with the air support would mean it couldn't be called in at the same time as other support, and also it would be far easier to add a limit to the number of times it can be used.

I think that's about it for suggestions, but something I found when experimenting is that you can set different start locations for the support by naming a pad something different (ex: I named the second one ASpad1) and then modify the spawn script for the relevant support, changing the ASpad references to your new pad. In the example with the ASpad1, I made it so that all the jets appeared to come from farther afield, with the main pad, but that the Apache's appeared to come from the direction of our base.

Oh, and is there any way to add more aircraft to the flight, either to actually drop their loads, or just for a visual effect, making it more epic? It would be nice to see an F35 do a flyby with a wingman whilst laying waste to the enemy :D

I'll try to make it more MP friendly from the get go next time. Not sure on doubling actions and such may take some experimenting, but experience tells me thats just the problem with action menus. Might use communication menu rather then action menu. (highcommand hybrid system scripts shows nicely how to do that)

I saw that C130 but haven't tested it yet, looks like it already set up for just a mapclick and the planes spawns? I'll defiantly look into it and if its promising I'll contact Lurchi to set something up.

On version two I'll have definable spawn points so its not from the same location, ... if I can fix some other glitches it has too :)

natethegreat just PMed me about having more then one aircraft, he has it almost set up for version 1 but I think version 2 can do multiple aircraft selection. I'll have to check if I did that already... or its one more thing on my ToDo list...

Cool, as for the AC-130 script, the code defines the radius of the circle it flies in, as well as the length of time it is in the air, so those would likely be modifiable by a dialog box script. But yeah, at the moment the basic script spawns the ac-130 already circling with the centre at a map click for a set length of time. It works well, and I believe there is also a way to set it to spawn elsewhere and fly to the point.

hi all

i tested the air support script on Arrowhead with it set up on a domination revive map. initialy there was quite a few problems but i got it mostly fixed with a little help.

now theres is only 3 problems left that i can find that should be easy to fix for some one with a little more experience.

1. for some reason when calling in the A10 on an LGB run it will not drop the weapon and just flys around.

2. when the player dies the air support menu does not come back (you die and thats it, no more air support)

3. the transport chopper when called the first time works very well, but the second time its called it never arrives with a message " the sortie has RTB"

apart from those 3 problems it all works very well

Having the Leader loses it when he dies problem, is there a fix for this before the next version comes out?

i personally think that is a question for the mission maker. its fully possible to make it persisten with respawn in the mission, i made domi version making use of ace radios so that when you picked it up you got the drapers airsupport options.

i personally think that is a question for the mission maker. its fully possible to make it persisten with respawn in the mission, i made domi version making use of ace radios so that when you picked it up you got the drapers airsupport options.

Yes that is true, but when the mission maker hasnt a clue how to do that he posts on a forum asking for help ^^

I tried using this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8077 and it seems to work after respawn.

. its fully possible to make it persisten with respawn in the mission, i made domi version making use of ace radios so that when you picked it up you got the drapers airsupport options.

Could you post up how you did this? I'd be very interested in it. I prefer thsi option to be PRC119 - specific (or whatever the big radio is ) rather than role speciifc.

if any one wants to test the domination revive with air support, you will have to pm me with your email address and il send it to you. when i have it fully working i will post a message with a final version

would any one be willing to host the file when its done ?

THIS IS STILL ONLY A BETA VERSION at the minute

hi all

i tested the air support script on Arrowhead with it set up on a domination revive map. initialy there was quite a few problems but i got it mostly fixed with a little help.

now theres is only 3 problems left that i can find that should be easy to fix for some one with a little more experience.

1. for some reason when calling in the A10 on an LGB run it will not drop the weapon and just flys around.

2. when the player dies the air support menu does not come back (you die and thats it, no more air support)

3. the transport chopper when called the first time works very well, but the second time its called it never arrives with a message " the sortie has RTB"

apart from those 3 problems it all works very well

Hi, I'm building the script into a version of domination at the moment, in arrowhead:

1) I've not come across this problem, but I think you have to be lasing a target for it to drop a bomb.

2) If you use the multiplayer respawn version within this thread, and place the correct code in the initialization of the unit (I think it's in the file what you need to copy and paste) then it should work, though I'd be interested if you get the same problem I have with multiple options coming up etc.

3) Can't help you with this one, I'm only using the offensive capabilities of the script.

Hope it helps a little :)

1. i lased the targets but still no bombs dropped

2. i did see the multiple menus comeing up in arma 2 but when i updated to airsupport 1.2 it stopped happening, in arrowhead it never happend.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

ok i put this in the init.SQF

ASfirstrun = true;

nul = [m1,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cbumine","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf";

if(true)exitWith{};

and the menu still doesnt come back

Edited by spyhunter82

I got asked about MP respawn and thought I would post for all of you to see an example of what I use. I'll probably put this in a future update as well.

Replace this...

as0 = _man addAction [localize "STR_MENUASM","airSup\addMenu.sqf",[], 5, false, false, "", "_target == player"];

with this...

[_man] execVM "airSup\MPrespwn.sqf"

in the airSupInit.sqf

then make a new MPrespwn.sqf that has the following...

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, earlier in this thread Draper posted a dl link to an MP respawn version, but you can do it yourself by following these steps ;) It seems to have worked for me . . . kinda, still trying to figure some of the problems out, like the multiple menus on some respawns but not others, and some other units getting the option on respawn >_< But it seems to work fairly well.

Thank you Valdore :)

Im not sure if Im repeating myself now between all the PM's and this thread but...

As for multiple action menu things I think going to a communication menu would make it easier and not double up.

And yes I may release a version 1 for OA before I release a version 2, which would work in OA obviously.

srry shoulda posted that i sorted it out got it all working now with no multiple menus, no strange chopper behaviour and the LGBs droppin on a dime

MISSION COMPLETE !!!!!

only had to pm draper a thousand times (sorry) and read the thread a few times

Lol, have you thought about editing your opening post with various thugs that have developed in the thread Draper? It would be easier to reference for others responding to peoples posts, as well as people reading the thread for the first time ;)