Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

@ironwood

"AH1Z" would be the default ArmA chopper, might have been my bad just typing it in the init without checking.

@TBuck

Not really, I plan to focus on the RUM Asset Scripts as the dialog system allows for more dynamic options. A reinforcement type script is possible in any case, probably just moding the transport script to create troops in the players group either under local command or high command. That and an ammo drop script would probably be good additions to these scripts but I'm only one man...

Great!!!, works perfectly, thanks a million.

And yes I use ACE2

Hey Draper, found a bug.. I'll try to explain this as easily as possible.

1st, called helo trans from point "A" to point "B".

2nd, called helo trans from point "B" back to point "A".

3rd, I was killed before the trans helo could pick me up and then I respawned back at point "A" (with LZ marker still at point "A" location? Maybe the helo didnt come pick me up at point "B" cause I had been killed?)

4th, called attack helo to point "A" location. attack helo flew into LZ at point "A" of transport helo marker that was placed just before killed.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Also, started getting the double action after resoawn... Maybe due to multiple scripts running? I'm using this on an MSO that I have been working on...

Ok, the discontinuity probably came from you dieing. In sendTrans.sqf it should have something to skip through he script if you die in order to delete things, but that probably failed. Marker names are named the same because it assumes only one option is allowed to go through at a time. So thats why the attack helo went there.

Might be the problem here... Line 103 of sendTrans.sqf is the following...

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or (landed)};

change too...

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or (!alive _man) or (landed)};

As for double action me have you changed anything from the example I gave to incorporate it into the MSO? Or were you hosting it in MP on a non dedicated server (hosted from your game)

Having a problem with this script.... In the demo mission it works fine (Chernarus) Everything works perfect. I copied everything to the letter to make it work in my mission. The map is on Fallujah, I put a invisible H Pad down at the corner of the map, but when the AI spawns it crashes almost instantly... Oh and another thing, for some reason I don't see the text to call in the Air Support, its invisible on my selection menu... Any idea whats going on? In the demo mission I can see the text fine and the aircraft fly in fine...

Arma 2 OA ver 1.59

Arma 2 ver. 1.09

Running combined ops

stringtable.xml wasn't moved over, 99% that fixes the invisible action menu. As for crashing at start, usually means the init is not firing for the script, so check that you copied really copied every line in the init.sqf over.

Hi Draper, wonderful script mate been looking for something like this for a while. I have a question i hope you can help me with. I am adapting the script to work with the Unsung vietnam mod. I have replaced the vehicles with the Unsung varients this is fine the problems comes with the extra crew slots in the Hueys.

Basically by default the script spawns 2 crew members in the Huey's, this puts a pilot and another one in cargo.

I have modified the sendTrans.sqf with the following:

_pilot1 = _grp1 createUnit [airSupPIL, _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];
_pilot2 = _grp1 createUnit [airSupPIL, _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];
_pilot3 = _grp1 createUnit [airSupPIL, _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];
_pilot4 = _grp1 createUnit [airSupPIL, _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];

_pilot1 moveindriver _AShelo1;
_pilot2 moveinturret [_AShelo1,[2]];
_pilot3 moveinturret [_AShelo1,[0]];
_pilot4 moveinturret [_AShelo1,[1]];

This obviously fills the crew positions... This seems to create a problem however. The transport chopper picks you up fine but once dropped off the chopper no longer departs once the group is out. This only happens once i have added the extra crew so i assume this is the problem. Do you have any thoughts on this or how i can fix it without having the remove the crew member again?

Thankyou in advance for any help and sorry for the long explanation.

I havnt looked at that script in a while, but i believe there is a check done that counts the number of units inside the vehicle.

as a test try killing one of the turret men or forcing them out and see if it takes off.

if it does, there might be a check that looks for how many are inside the helo

Cheers for the reply mate, managed to find the section of the script that dealt with the crew check on dismount..... Slight change and we're all good :)

Hi Draper, Great script and I use it a lot in my missions. One thing that is happening in MP is that after a while (after everything working great from start!) is that when you call for support it either crashes or it says the sortie has returned to base. The message comes up secomds after it was called? has anybody else had this problem?

@Shadow

In RUM, I made a code that spams the helo with gunners for turrets and if they dont end up in the helo (because the turret doesn't exist) they get deleted. Then instead of listing the gunners names you could do a count((crew _AShelo1) - (units _grp1)) == 0 for the trigger, then you won't have to worry about how many turret paths you need between different helos. Whatever works, works, just giving my two cents.

@LockJaw

Thats a new one to me, usually that happens in the beginning if something isn't defined. You say its MP, are there other players using the scripts at the same time when this happens? Does this happen after something is shot down? It sounds like its not cleaning itself up after being called, so the plane names aren't local to the script (which they probably should be) and you might have cross chatter for two aircraft of the same name or one aircraft is downed but still be "alive" in namespace. Might also check the armaoa.rpt file for errors.

Hmm, I can't make this work. I've installed it as per the readme, I think. :)

I want the only option to be a LGB armed A10. In init.sqf, I've got nul =[west_1_1, "LGB"]; and the firstrun variable.

I've made no changes to airSupInit.sqf.

My player doesn't get the addaction and the RPT shows

String STR_MENUASM not found

You need the stringtable.xml in you mission file.

That's a pretty common mistake I should probably put that in the readme...

You mean "read the frickin thread" yeah? :D

Where does the stringtable go? I put in in the mission root - actually I merged it with the stringtable was already there, but I got the same error.

If it means anything, it's going in a modified Domination mission.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Also, I ran it in preview mode, as well locally hosted. Same result.

LOL, well I would never put it like that since its my own fault everyone messes that up.

So yeah it would go just in the mission root like the init or .ext but since Dom has its own stringtable things can get a little messy. You'd need to open it with notepad and copy bottom section, you wont need the project name info stuff and put it in the Dom stringtable.

:)

This is most odd. It's still doing the same thing. The named guy doesn't get the option and I get that RPT error.

huh, send me the stringtable and ill try to see what up with it.

OK, making some progress here.

On your advice, I took all the xml data, converted it to csv and dropped it into the stringtable file over in the scripts/teamstatusdialog directory. That works in that I get no RPT errors now.

I do get the "airsupport" menu, but if I select it, nothing happens. "Airsupport is immediately replaced by "close menu". If I select "close menu", that becomes "air support" and so on and so forth. :)

If it helps, I've uploaded the mission folder to the same place I mentioned in the PM.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, much appreciated.

Yeah, the only part left to do was put ASfirstrun = true; before the script gets called rather then after.

I'll PM you the file with the fix.

Yeah, the only part left to do was put ASfirstrun = true; before the script gets called rather then after.

I'll PM you the file with the fix.

Got it, thanks. I'm a little embarrassed about setting the flag before the script runs so if we could keep that just between ourselves, that'd be good. :p

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

And it's working. Yey. :)

Couple of questions;

I'm using this in a TvT, can I add a second line in init.sqf giving the menu to an OPFOR dude too?

Can I have the AS ability conditional? ie if west_allowed_ AS = true then addaction. Or similar.

With LGB, does it help/do I need to use a designator?

lol, no worries, we all do it.

Yes you can have an init line for the east too and the airSUPinit file will set conditions based on the units side. However one thing I over looked was having the "ASpad" be different for each side. You could make a variable to be defined by the unit side (see airSUPinit.sqf) and then have that variable used by the "send___.sqf"; I might give this a try myself and see about posting an update.

To make the addAction conditional (like having radio back pack or something?) it would take some thinking, especially to not ruin any MP addAction fix.

LGB needs a designator, JDAM just goes where you click.

I'm going to give somethings a shot here so I'll get back to you...

Cool. Thanks, mate.

In the meantime, both BLUFOR and OPFOR can use the same ASpad?