Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

lol, that would probably be the smart thing to do but I'm too lazy to keep that up to date, maybe next release...

hi all

after a few hours testing all seems well,

all that i can find rong now is the transport chopper is still a little fussy, when i called it the first time it worked very well, but when i called it a second time, maybe a minute after it didnt arrive.

so i carried on useing the other support functions calling in all kinds of air support and by mistake i clicked on it again maybe 5 or 10 minutes later and low and behold it arrived within a couple of minutes and saved me a massive walk through the desert when my chopper was shot down.

so a little fussy but it works

MISSION TRUELY COMPLETE (fingers crossed)

Edited by spyhunter82

I found the glitch for the chopper in sendTrans it is...

[_AShelo1] spawn {

_AShelo1 = _this select 0;

while{true} do {

if (!alive _AShelo1) then {IPheloAS = false}

};

if(true)exitWith{};

};

When it should be...

[_AShelo1] spawn {

while{IPheloAS} do {

};

if(true)exitWith{};

};

Will be done in update, but in case you want to fix it right now

I found the glitch for the chopper in sendTrans it is...

[_AShelo1] spawn {

while{true} do {

};

if(true)exitWith{};

};

When it should be...

[_AShelo1] spawn {

while{IPheloAS} do {

};

if(true)exitWith{};

};

Will be done in update, but in case you want to fix it right now

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

i think im gunna go for a more accurate jdam as well but im gunna fix the chopper first

im sure the jdam issue has been coverd, any one no the page

dam draper this is a long thread:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

yup that fixed the chopper draper , now what to do with the JDAM ? it needs to be more acurate any ideas ?

Edited by spyhunter82

yup it works a treat, now its all working very very well :)

all that is left to fix now is the JDAM which needs to be more accurate, so lets see about hitting that leaf on the tree :)

ok after even more testing it seems the LGB is still a little fussy, some times when you lase a target it drops the weapon but more often it doesnt drop anything

ive tried

if (player == m1) then {nul = [m1,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf"};

in the init.SQF and in the init of the player, this one

doesnt cause any double airsupport menus

i have also tried

nul = [unitname,"jadam","lgb","cbuap","cbuat","cbumine","cas","helo","trans"] execVM "airSup\airSupInit.sqf";

which causes the menu to double up and let non set players use the support options

so i guess what would be ideal is a more reliable option for the LGB or a reason why sometimes it drops and sometimes it doesnt

The thing with the LGB is that it is not scripted. The plane has to fly over and see the laser then circle around for the drop. Its the AI doing the targeting rather then making a bomb drop as soon as it flys over, so it requires more patience. I'm thinking about righting a bomb falling script for the LGB but thats going to be easier said then done.

The thing with the LGB is that it is not scripted. The plane has to fly over and see the laser then circle around for the drop. Its the AI doing the targeting rather then making a bomb drop as soon as it flys over, so it requires more patience. I'm thinking about righting a bomb falling script for the LGB but thats going to be easier said then done.

Some parrallel related info possibly here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102581

yeah i noticed he circled around but sometimes he might make 3 passes or more and drop nothing even with the laser fixed on target.

what is the max range for laseing a target ?

do the laser batteries lose power and make the laser to weak to target ?

is it possible to make the AI doing the targeting more efficient at detecting lased targets ?

Edited by spyhunter82

Fantastic script, I've been playing with it all day and I'm hoping to use it in a few co-op missions. Would it be possible to set a time limit between usage? For example, 30 minutes between air strikes but only 5 minutes between transports. Nice work Draper.

To get this going in Operation arrowhead/Domination all you need to do is change some unit names:

In AirSupInit.sqf

case WEST:{

airSupFXD = "A10_US_EP1";

airSupFXDCAS = "A10_US_EP1";

airSupROT = "AH64D_EP1";

airSupTRN = "UH60M_EP1";

airSupPIL = "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1";

};

You'll have to use the A10 instead of the F35B as it does not exist in the standalone.

Edited by sajuuk

The way I seem to have had most success with LGBs is by lasing the target pretty much straight after I call the support, that way the bird should pick up the target on approach and correct to be able to drop (you'd assume) So far it's worked every time, obviously the second bomb might require more patience, but so far it's been on the first pass with the target. Perhaps set the AI skill higher?

hey guys.

Sorry if I say something that is not relevant, but if you use a trigger to run the script you wont have that doubble action menu. like this.

position[]={5122.6094,15.422448,5049.5933};

a=5000;

b=5000;

rectangular=1;

activationBy="LEADER";

repeating=1;

timeoutMin=30;

timeoutMid=30;

timeoutMax=30;

interruptable=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

idVehicle=64;

expActiv="ASfirstrun = true; nul = [joueur1,""jadam"",""lgb"",""cbuap"",""cbuat"",""cbumine"",""cas"",""helo"",""trans""] execVM ""airSup\airSupInit.sqf"";";

class Effects

{

then it activate when the player spawn and only that player. I use it whit great succes in my MP Missions.

I forgot to say that I have remove the multible launge string do to some conflict whit R3F logitsic script. so it is all in english. And this one is taken from my mission whit Virtual Training Space ( VTS ) thats why the name is Joueur1. the trigger has to be sync to the the player that has to have the option. set a timer on 30 sec and make it repeat. then you have the option every time you respawn.

Edited by Ringhejm
forgot something.

The way I seem to have had most success with LGBs is by lasing the target pretty much straight after I call the support, that way the bird should pick up the target on approach and correct to be able to drop (you'd assume) So far it's worked every time, obviously the second bomb might require more patience, but so far it's been on the first pass with the target. Perhaps set the AI skill higher?

AI SKILL, good idea:) going to try that straight away

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

AI SKILL, good idea:) going to try that straight away

ok i tried to find how to set the ai skill but im not sure if it can be done.

@draper could you enlighten me please,

were would the pilots skill be changed or added, ive searched in the init.sqf and the "send fixed" files but i dont see anything relateing to the pilots skill.

any ideas ?

Skill is set when you make the unit (i.e the pilot) but skill alone wont do it, if you want to get the bomb to drop first pass you need to follow what gnarly_rider linked a post to which discusses doTarget and doFire.

Skill is set when you make the unit (i.e the pilot) but skill alone wont do it, if you want to get the bomb to drop first pass you need to follow what gnarly_rider linked a post to which discusses doTarget and doFire.

ohh dear

dotarget

dofire

donot pass go

doin ma headin:confused:

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

ok it seems the flying height was a little low(200), now he drops the bomb on the second pass every time at 500.

so any way of a fix for the JDAM ?, or has it been solved already and i mised it in this thread.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

@draper

is there any way to set the transport chopper "good to go pilot" command for when theres another player in need of ride but hes not in the same location as you. the command only comes up when your a few feet away from the chopper. it would be good if i could tell the pilot hes good to go even if im half the map away.

Right, well I've finally managed to get a working respawn, using the method posted here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mission-development/143398-briefing-disappears-after-respawn-mp-armed-assault-2-a.html

And solved the double menu issue by adding that if clause. I now run this respawn script via the init line and when killed via the init line. It took its time, trying everything I could find in this thread for respawns, then came across that whilst randomly searching the interweb and hey presto :) Now to get Lurch's AC-130 script to work via it, that one isn't playing quite so nicely >_>

well i changed the transport chopper around again, i changed a couple of real simple things but it made a huge difference:

g1wp1=_grp1 addWaypoint [_asloc, 75];

g1wp1 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";

g1wp1 setWaypointType "LOAD";

[_grp1, 1] setWaypointStatements ["true", "landed = true"];

_AShelo1 addAction [localize "STR_GTGPIL","airSup\takeOff.sqf"];

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or (landed)};

_AShelo1 land "get in";

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or (!alive _man) or (takeoff)};

landed = false;

g1wp2=_grp1 addWaypoint [_asloc2, 75];

g1wp2 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";

g1wp2 setWaypointType "LOAD";

[_grp1, 2] setWaypointStatements ["true", "landed = true"];

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or landed};

_AShelo1 land "get out";

waituntil {(!IPheloAS) or (0 >= count ((crew _AShelo1)-[_pilot1,_pilot2]))};

changeing the underlined from COMBAT to SAFE had a huge difference, basicly changeing these made the transport chopper a little more safer and reliabe. if he came under fire he would try and engage the enemy, now he will manouver away until the LZ is safe.

its almost perfect now, just need the JDAM to be more accurate

Edited by spyhunter82

@spyhunter

I think the JDAM is fine, unless you've seen it go way off course.

flyinheight, i can make that an init option

I can shift the addAction to be on your person

safe mode, sure

@Valdore

Yeah, I opened up the script version of the C130 and just said "Holy S*#%!" the biggest problem is that there is a lot of stuff you wouldn't need for just the AI mapclick stuff. Probably have to make it to where people can put both script folders in together and the callfxd action menu in airSup just piggy backs of the c130 script folder that is intact and running separately.

Yeah, you'd have to speak to Lurch about what the AI version actually uses, but I don't see much that is linked to it, so it would likely be a case of pulling out those scripts that are used, shoving them in a relevant folder as you say, and running it the exact same way you currently run the call chopper etc.

Its not that simple though, he uses alot of code defining, so its not about grabbing scripts from the folder because there will probably only be one script that actually does it, but then that one script will use code predefined in the initialization (which then the code that is predefined will use code defined even before it). Its so interdependent it wouldn't be worth anyone's time (even to ask Lurch) to try to select out exactly what is needed. The best bet is to run both at the same time.

PS $20 bucks he's a CS major, those guys are always "efficient" with their code writing.

@spyhunter

I think the JDAM is fine, unless you've seen it go way off course.

flyinheight, i can make that an init option

I can shift the addAction to be on your person

safe mode, sure

@Valdore

Yeah, I opened up the script version of the C130 and just said "Holy S*#%!" the biggest problem is that there is a lot of stuff you wouldn't need for just the AI mapclick stuff. Probably have to make it to where people can put both script folders in together and the callfxd action menu in airSup just piggy backs of the c130 script folder that is intact and running separately.

no it cant be fine the JDAM keeps hittin way off i must have dropped like 1000of them now and the hit ratio is very poor, below is what we should be expecting, the most important section is underlined

The Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) is a guidance kit that converts unguided gravity bombs, or "dumb bombs" into all-weather "smart" munitions. JDAM-equipped bombs are guided by an integrated inertial guidance system coupled to a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver, giving them a published range of up to 15 nautical miles (28 km). The guidance system was developed by the United States Air Force and United States Navy, hence the "joint" in JDAM. The JDAM was meant to improve upon laser-guided bomb and imaging infrared technology, which can be hindered by bad ground and weather conditions. Laser designators are now being fitted to some JDAMs because they can help attack certain types of targets.

you see it was meant to be an improvement over the LGB, so you would expect accuracy to be equal or better

EDIT AGAIN

reading that what i underlined made me think, when i was haveing trouble with the LGB it could have been the bad ingame weather (thunderstorms or duststorms), would the weather have any effect ?

Edited by spyhunter82

can u explain how to use it .. shall i copy it in addon ? cos some of addons maked problems for me

lol, all you had tell me is they don't hit the target, is it correlated to the mountainous terrain in Takistan, try on flat fields in the north and then with mountains around Feruz. The bomb guidance was improved in version 1.2 to deal with height changes but if there are still problems I'll try to make it better.

@syria

Its a mission script so when you save a mission, go into you mission folders in your My Documents folder and put the folder in the saved mission file and follow the readme. (atleast with Win XP anyway)

Edited by Draper

just giveing you something to aim for :) hahaha

i tried it on the desert map to keep it simple, but still way off