Sign in to follow this  
Draper

Air Support Scripts

The player is the one that has to be named m1 or m2, the reason is that the addAction is checking if the object it is assigned to is the local player, if it is it will show up. The reason for this is in multiplayer, multiple actions will show up if you are next to other players with the action.

A work around would be give the player the action in his init field and then have a moveindriver or w/e to put him in the vehicle.

Okay - I understand so far - but how can I make a FAC vehicle - by that I mean can I assign the addAction to a vehicle by any means...? :)

To change it you need to go through each script and find any addActions, they will have a condition at the end of it. Something like "_target == player"; change that bit to "". Removing the inside should just allow the actions to anyone and since it is only on a vehicle it shouldn't multiply itself.

Ok - let's summon up - I've changed all the "_target == player"; to "" and I now get the "Air Support" solution in my actionmenu while commanding a vehicle... - but I still have to disembark in order to call either fixed wing or helo... It's like I'm stuck in the addMenu.sqf

_man = _this select 1;

_id = _this select 2;

_man removeAction _id;

if(jadam or lgb or cbuap or cbuat) then {as1 = _man addAction [localize "STR_MENUFXD","airSup\callFixed.sqf",[], 40, false, false, "", ""];};

if(helo) then {as2 = _man addAction [localize "STR_MENUHEL","airSup\callHelo.sqf",[], 30, false, false, "", ""];};

as4 = _man addAction [localize "STR_MENUEXT","airSup\exitMenu.sqf",[], 10, false, false, "", ""];

if(true)exitWith{};

Is it _man that causes the trouble or...? :confused:

ahh that is a problem, change "_man = _this select 1" to "_man = _this select 0" at the top of each script, this way the actions will be added to the vehicle rather then the player. (0 = object action attached too, 1 = player calling script, 2 = an id number of the action)

Exactly! - works perfect now... :)

One thing I've noticed though... - the spawned planes still has their landing gear foled down instead of up... - looks silly... ;)

Great scripting, retaurant quality stuff. If I may be so bold as to add a request (or maybe fish for explanation on a simple implementation...

[["transport"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; 

How would one go about implementing that into the package so that it was part of the menu as everything else.

Actually. It's not that this even has to be part of the script but it would be great to have as a menu item like Air Support is. I am fairly certain that it would use addAction...

Number = unitName addAction [title, filename, (arguments, priority, showWindow, hideOnUse, shortcut, condition)]

...and a written trigger statement with the BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc as indicated above.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:11 PM ----------

Partial success... complete failure. I have learned how to make a menu item (easy) but SOM still wants to use the communications menu. Looks like this will require an entire script.

Edited by lawndartleo

In a future update I'll fix those gears. TBD

I would certainly like a transport function in the scripts. I plan on adding things like that over time. (ACE Nuke anyone?) If anyone does have an idea for supplementing the scripts tell me. Even better would be you edit the script yourselves, or make new ones, and I'll throw them in as a collaborative effort. (I'll give you credit of course!)

Deleted... need to figure some things out.

Edited by lawndartleo
Confusing the matter

Version 1.2

Ok, I got an update with some new toys to play with. Some are of my doing but more importantly some great dudes helped out to make this release possible. So if any of you have ideas for improving these scripts, let me know.

Change log:

v1.2

- East helicopters won't attack each other.

- New CAS option (Cannon, Rocket, AGM).

- New CBU Mine dispenser option.

- New helicopter transport option. (script written by lawndartleo)

- Updated French messages. (translations by Fleepee)

- Updated Russian messages. (translations by Dead Kennedy)

- Updated German messages. (translations by MemphisBelle)

- Changed stringtable.csv to .xml format. (taught by MemphisBelle)

- Various performance tweaks.

Known Issues:

- When using ACE 2, some aircraft that get spawned will just fly in circles, this is largely dependent upon the location of the "ASpad". Mission makers should thoroughly test each support option for the anomaly. For some options this happens while others it doesn't, even though the code that spawns them and gives them waypoints is identical. For best results put in an open flat location, like the ocean.

If you want your own native language to be added in the next update, PM me on the BIForums with a translation of the stringtable.xml. (Spanish was removed do to lack of a translator)

I love it. Thanks.

What is this ASPad though? Do we need to place a marker/logic on the map?

Its the spawn location of aircraft, its an object like an invisible H pad, see the example mission.

Hi Draper,

First of all, thanks so much for such excellent and most-needed script! AWESOME!

Now, I ran into a problem.

Whenever I place the the invisible H object (ASPad) far from the Chernarus' area that contains all the cities (i.e., all far to the left of the island or all the way down at the bottom of the map at sea) when I call air support the units cannot find their way to the selected site to attack and they end up flying erratically and in circles!

I want to place the invisible H object (ASPad) way into the sea (at this point next to a carrier) to simulate the air support leaving from a far distance and take that delay in reaching the target into consideration to add realism to the mission I'm working on.

In any case, is there a way fix this problem? :D

Thanks. Best, Splicer.

Are you using any mods?

I noticed this problem, but after hours of pounding my head couldn't find a way to rectify it other then changing the position of the ASPad (or turning off ACE2). If it's a mod conflict I'm at a loss at how to correct it, but will keep look for a solution. The only sure fire way to correct the problem is have no mods but thats not much of an option, I know.

Whats even more frustrating is sometimes the aircraft will go to target and other times it doesn't. One option like the JDAM will work and then the CBU AT won't work cause the damn pilot starts flying circles. Even though the code that spawns them and tells them to fly to target is the exact same lines of code!!!

Anyway, in the mean time I would make sure you place the object in a real space, (i.e. not the infinite sea) maybe put in the init lint of the ASPad "this setPos [10,10,0]", which should be the lower left corner. And point the ASPad due east to that it flys over the water a little longer before going over land. If that doesn't work, try placing randomly on the coast.

Hi Draper,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's my feedback:

Are you using any mods?

Nope. No mods are being used.

I noticed this problem, but after hours of pounding my head couldn't find a way to rectify it other then changing the position of the ASPad (or turning off ACE2). If it's a mod conflict I'm at a loss at how to correct it, but will keep look for a solution. The only sure fire way to correct the problem is have no mods but thats not much of an option, I know.

I feel your pain. I'm confused :confused: and frustrated too. :banghead:

Whats even more frustrating is sometimes the aircraft will go to target and other times it doesn't. One option like the JDAM will work and then the CBU AT won't work cause the damn pilot starts flying circles. Even though the code that spawns them and tells them to fly to target is the exact same lines of code!!!

I hear you here too! I've noticed that myself. The darned planes fly towards the target site, and when I noticed that nothing happened I see the planes going back to base. And even then you don't get a message saying so! :(

Anyway, in the mean time I would make sure you place the object in a real space, (i.e. not the infinite sea) maybe put in the init lint of the ASPad "this setPos [10,10,0]", which should be the lower left corner. And point the ASPad due east to that it flys over the water a little longer before going over land. If that doesn't work, try placing randomly on the coast.

I'll try that. Although still notice that when I placed ASPad to the left of the map (not as far as setPos [10,10,0]) the problem persisted. :confused:

I'll let you know how my testing goes. And if I find a fix I'll let everybody know (but don't hold your breath...).

Be back with my findings soon.

Thanks Draper!

Best, Splicer.

Anyway, in the mean time I would make sure you place the object in a real space, (i.e. not the infinite sea) maybe put in the init lint of the ASPad "this setPos [10,10,0]", which should be the lower left corner.

Hi Draper,

Well, tried the above coordinates and STILL those planes only fly in circles like flies after food! GRRRRRRR.... :banghead:

Let me keep pounding on this. This air support script is key in the mission I'm putting together and I want it to work the way it's supposed to!

Be back shortly. Gotta try a few more things here... :pray:

Best, Splicer.

Be back shortly. Gotta try a few more things here... :pray:

Well, now that I placed ASPad way to the west border of the map, as soon as I call air support I get the message that the sorties were gunned down!

:confused: :banghead:

What the heck is going on with the script? There are NO units near where the airplanes are spawned, and they get "shot down" almost immediately? :k:

OK, something bogus is going on here... :681:

Be back later. This ain't over yet...

Splicer.

Well, now that I placed ASPad way to the west border of the map, as soon as I call air support I get the message that the sorties were gunned down!

:confused: :banghead:

What the heck is going on with the script? There are NO units near where the airplanes are spawned, and they get "shot down" almost immediately? :k:

OK, something bogus is going on here... :681:

Be back later. This ain't over yet...

Splicer.

I had this exact same problem in earlier versions. I could never get it working in my missions. Something always went wrong. There's something going on here. I doesn't seem to work with madbull's Arty and Log script either.

I think I got it, had it go through a setposASL from sea level and have a check if the ASpad was undernaerth water to set it back to zero. Longer to explain then send an update. See if this works. Still had it goof once with ACE 2 but regular ArmA seemed to work on and off land at any distance.

Hotfix 1

As for the conflict with madbull's do you know what specifically happened or was it the same thing where the pilot had free will to dick around.

Hi, I got a problem when I respowna in MP game. I do not start the restore with Arsuport after I have been killed ? Is there anyone who can point me in the right way..:)

I think I got it, had it go through a setposASL from sea level and have a check if the ASpad was undernaerth water to set it back to zero. Longer to explain then send an update. See if this works. Still had it goof once with ACE 2 but regular ArmA seemed to work on and off land at any distance.

Hotfix 1

As for the conflict with madbull's do you know what specifically happened or was it the same thing where the pilot had free will to dick around.

o, basically what happens is the action menu slot doesn't show up at all. It's really weird. I can scroll up in the action menu but I can't actually see the action. It's like the top of the action bar is just cut off on top. I can scroll to where the action should be but I can't actually see anything.

I hope this makes sense.

@desusa, you have to repeat the addAction after you respawn, having an eventhandler "killed" go to a script that has a waituntil{alive _unit} (_unit being the player passed down by the eventhandler) would allow you to do this, I'll keep this in mind for a future release.

@Manzilla, yes that does make sense. Its the problem with the stringtable, they need to be combined into one file, and one format.

**Edit***

What the heck is going on with the script? There are NO units near where the airplanes are spawned, and they get "shot down" almost immediately?

The pilot is not being spawned in the plane, syntax errors are the likely cause, use a series of hint "test1", hint "test2";, to make sure it executes every line and block of code.

Edited by Draper