Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hey Mando, sorry if this has been answered before :D but how do I emove the mando missiles from a unit eg 2S6M_Tunguska. I just was this unit to fire from the guns and not missiles.

Trenchfeet, unless you are using specific mma systems (mcc, automatic, etc), MMA doesnt determine whether AI uses gun or missiles. If you want to prevent tunguskas to use missiles, your best option is to remove their missile launcher weapons so they will be forced to use the gun all the time.

Hey Mando, sorry if this has been answered before :D but how do I emove the mando missiles from a unit eg 2S6M_Tunguska. I just was this unit to fire from the guns and not missiles.

You essentially just want a ZSU-23 Shilka. Luckily, there's already one in the game.

You essentially just want a ZSU-23 Shilka. Luckily, there's already one in the game.

And it's cheap. Only costs around 2000 bucks in Gossamer's Warfare! :)

Hey mando, is there a way to use the MCC laser guidance without having to turn on all the other features of mando missile? Like i just want to be able to use the LGB laser guidance while javelin and other handheld and land based weapons are working in vanilla mode, so to speak. Thanks.

pinpointstrike, yes you can.

Do not include the mma full setup gl in your mission (or if you are executing script suite, do not execute mando_setup_full.sqf from your init.sqf). Then copy mando_setup_full.sqf into your mission folder (you have this script inside the script_suite\mma_script_suite.utes\mando_missiles folder in the mma pack), you can rename it as "my_mando_setup_full.sqf". Coment all the lines for systems that you dont want to activate, and execute this one from your init.sqf.

// Whatever here
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
[]execVM "my_mando_setup_full.sqf";

Edited by Mandoble

Hi, I'm trying to install only the Javelin mode but I do not know what to do. all I have is an addon folder containing the files "mando_javelin.pbo,mando_javelin.pbo.defunkt.bisign". when I place these files in my addon folder of ArmA2, nothing happens. how do you go about installing and using this?

Hi, I'm trying to install only the Javelin mode but I do not know what to do. all I have is an addon folder containing the files "mando_javelin.pbo,mando_javelin.pbo.defunkt.bisign". when I place these files in my addon folder of ArmA2, nothing happens. how do you go about installing and using this?

According to the readme,

enables a wider reticle for the Javelin and

replaces the default crosshair with more authentic targeting 'stadia'

I'd hazard the guess that the mando_javelin.pbo mod does not, in fact, give Mando capability to the Javelin, but instead modifies the crosshairs that the Javelin uses.

'Cause, you know, that's what the readme says it does.

i think it adds extra capabilities such as the ability to lock on to buildings and enemy positions.

killerwhale, these capabilities are provided by mando missile, not by Defunkt's mando_javelin.pbo alone as clearly indicated in the first page and explained above by Xeno:

"The mando_javelin.pbo enables a better (wider) reticle for the Javelin and replaces the default crosshair with more authentic targeting 'stadia', these changes can only be made with an addon where the core MMA suite can be addon or script-only hence it is packaged separately. It is especially recommended if your display resolution should result in part of the default reticle showing."

For these of you that use the script suite, here it is a new version of mando_missile.sqf script including new rules for countermeasures effectiveness. I would like to have some feedback about the new gameplay with it before incorporating it into the next release. All in all, avoiding missiles becomes a bit harder, and the missiles have better options to re-engage the original target after passing through a flare cloud. And yes, this is bad news for the AI.

mando_missile.sqf

To test it, just make a backup of your mando_missile.sqf script which is inside mando_missiles folder, and replace by the new one.

Mando, why did you remove all the comments from the hud files?

Chapman, is that current conventional scud is too weak?

Xeno, I didnt remove them from all of the HUDs, some were left as examples (A10), but repetitive comments were removed to save some space for script suite based missions.

Yeah I found it to be no more effective than a 122mm shell from a D30 or a BM21 salvo. Might be something I am running that has dumbed it down - but I thought there was more HE packed in there. The Nuke packages were solid and bang on - perfect.

Chapman

The Nuke packages were solid and bang on - perfect.

Appreciate that. Did a lot of research trying to make the weapon work as realistically as possible within the constraints of ArmA2.

The Scud is basically a souped-up clone of the old German V2 and does not have a large payload capacity - none more than 1,000 kg. The D version is the most accurate and can carry a payload of 985 kg. But even that weight is not purely HE. It needs sensors, fuzing, and a casing for the explosives. So I'd expect the blast to be no larger than a Mk83 bomb and no smaller than the Mk82.

Possible change for RWR

It might happen that current implementation of MMA RWR gives too much advantage for pilots. They not only know the exact bearing of the incoming missile, but also its position in the terminal aproach. So they can wait till last second to drop countermeasures in the most effective way.

I'm thinking about changing it, so only bearing is displayed. You will see the incoming missile vectors, but these vectors will always go from external circumpherence to the RWR's center, so the pilots will lose the notion of "proximity".

What do you think about this?

Possible change for RWR

It might happen that current implementation of MMA RWR gives too much advantage for pilots. They not only know the exact bearing of the incoming missile, but also its position in the terminal aproach. So they can wait till last second to drop countermeasures in the most effective way.

I'm thinking about changing it, so only bearing is displayed. You will see the incoming missile vectors, but these vectors will always go from external circumpherence to the RWR's center, so the pilots will lose the notion of "proximity".

What do you think about this?

that's right....

I think that right now pilots have too much advantage compared to AA.

I'd nerf countermeasures too :D

that's right....

I think that right now pilots have too much advantage compared to AA.

I'd nerf countermeasures too :D

he technically did, check a few posts back.

He's testing something that makes the missiles able to re-target after countermeasures are dropped.

This should make it so that if a pilot drops a CM, the missile might deviate from the target, but then be able to re-target and hit it.

I'm sure he could explain it much better :)

he technically did, check a few posts back.

He's testing something that makes the missiles able to re-target after countermeasures are dropped.

This should make it so that if a pilot drops a CM, the missile might deviate from the target, but then be able to re-target and hit it.

I'm sure he could explain it much better :)

yes i read it but is it already implemented?

Re-acquisition was always there, with the modified mma version posted few days ago the missiles will be attracted by the countermeasures only if these are closer than the target + cm extent defined (default is 0) and if the CMs are in a cone of less than 30 degs ahead of missile's nose.

But the new proposal affects RWR, forcing pilots to detect visually the missile in order to have a notion of the range, because the RWR would be displaying bearing only. This incoming direction will tell the pilot where to look at, now he can try to see the missile in order to drop the CMs at the best time or to keep dropping CMs and running out of them quite fast.

In real life US-style RWR displays (like those on the A-10 and F-16), contact position is based on bearing and radar signal strength. All contacts are compared to a list of known radar frequencies to determine what type of system they are and what their engagement ranges are.

Rwr_example.gif

Objects outside the middle circle are contacts that are outside known engagement range. Objects inside the middle circle are within engagement range. SARH (Semi-Active Radar Homing) missiles won't show up on the RWR, since they use their parent launch platform's radar returns to home in on the target. This does mean, however, that the entire flight of the missile requires the launch platform to keep "painting" the target, which signals to the target that a missile is inbound or about to be fired. Active radar missiles, like the AIM-120, will show up on the RWR once the seeker head has gone active.

In this example, an SA-6 and F-15 are within engagement range, while the Search radar is outside threat range.

Russian aircraft have it quite a bit different. This is the SPO-15, the most common RWR device found in Russian aircraft.

SPO-15l.jpg

Much of this is self-explanatory. "Serviceability indicator" just tells you whether or not your RWR is on. The outer light with the numbers on them indicate the bearing of the current highest-threat contact, while the green lights inside of them are the second-highest threat. The two red lights on either side of the miniature plane blink when the aircraft is being painted or an active missile is inbound.

The segmented circle around the plane symbol indicates radar signal strength, doing the same job that distance from the center of the US RWR indicates.

The orange arrows below the plane symbol indicate that the primary threat is behind the aircraft, and lights up to indicate which direction the pilot would have to turn to bring the threat into frontal sensor view. The little green lights above them indicate the same for the secondary threat.

The horizontal row of lights at the bottom light up depending on what active radars are detected. In order, from left to right, they are airborne radar, long-range radar (>100 km), mid-range radar (20-100 km), short-range radar (<10 km), early warning systems, and AWACS.

The long, mid and short-range radars are typically SAM installations.

IR missiles will never show up on any RWR system, since they use passive sensors to track their targets. Many aircraft and launch platforms will use radar for target acquisition and ranging, and in a dogfight a radar lock can mean a heater might be making its way up your pipe real soon.

Essentially, neither IR nor SARH missiles will ever show up on an RWR, only the tracking radar will. Since ArmA lacks a sophisticated data-link system, the launch platform is always the radar source. Some RWR systems can detect the uplink system for command-guided missiles that SAM systems use. For IR missiles, only some vehicle-based systems (like the SA-13) use radar to track targets. The AN/TWQ-1 Avenger has no radar capability of its own, though it can be linked up to a radar system for targeting cues. No MANPADS, like the Igla, have radar on them.

Active radar missiles, like the AIM-120 and R-77 (RVV-AE), would be shown on the RWR once they went active.

What I'm trying to say is that I generally agree with Mando. Since radar strength can't really be simulated, it'd have to be dropped. However, I think active radar missiles should be displayed when within a certain range of the target, like 10-20 km or so.

I know most of this post is completely OT, but I had fun writing it, so I thought I'd share it. :)

Edited by Xeno426

Ive searched already but cant work out how to turn off the MMA scoring system. Its really annoying.

Ive searched already but cant work out how to turn off the MMA scoring system. Its really annoying.

just don't switch it on trough action menu.