Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hi mando ;)

thank you for new release I will test new improvement/features soon

about the files that you've send to me, can I replace also the one in this release with the version that you've send me or you've changed something here

( about my effort now we have a good working server on Debian machine ;) )

Morhoo, I think all the logics relative to SCUD launch are independent of any possible localization texts, so I see no reason to have a particular problem related to Czech A2 version. The only requirement is to run A2 or A2 + OA (it is not compatible with OA alone). Another possible issue with the SCUD is to select a target position too close to the launch position, as the missile will never have time to maneouver and aim to the selected destination. But might be I'm missing something here ...

I tried both near target and far target (like opposite side of the map), same behaviour. Missile is launched and after few secs it just disappears in the sky. Like it does standard non-mando missile. I couldnt figure it out and language is the only thing that differs me from other users afaik. :confused: And yes, I have A2 + OA.

Does this happens to you in the included demo mission "mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan" ?

@Mandoble

I have not downloaded MMA yet, and briefly went over the read-me. I have used MMA when it first came out, by kind of forgot about it.

I noticed that you now have an air support system, would there be anyway to make it so it is not enabled, not possible for players to use?

Does this happens to you in the included demo mission "mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan" ?

Well, little progress here: It works when i command AI to fire SCUD via radio in this mission, but still cant make it manually. :(

Weird, the firing script relies on scudstate which should return the same values for any version of A2, and there is no difference between AI and human driven, except that for the human driven version the player MUST keep inside the launcher. Might be this is the cause, are you firing and geting out of the vehicle?

+1 on that, this score feature takes away from the realism this mod offers is there any way to disable it?

LOL, so many people did ask me a scoring system able to handle situations where the default one cannot determine wether a kill is a kill or not, and now you are asking me to disable it because it takes away the realism factor. Well, ATM the MMA score is not intrusive, so you can consult it on demand or not (in case you want to ignore it).

In next release a boolean global var will determine the presence of the menu action to consult it.

+1 on that, this score feature takes away from the realism this mod offers is there any way to disable it?

Go to:

\mando_missiles\mando_giveme_score.sqf

Delete Line 21, which is

_acidx1 = _veh addAction ["<t color=""#ffffff"">MMA Score", "mando_missiles\mando_display_score.sqf", "",-101,false, true];

That should remove the score action.

I have to agree with the others that the SCORE thing did throw me off a bit (doesn't appeal to me). A global var sounds good to give people the option to have it or not, liking the mod so far... any plans to create systems for ALARM missles? The RKSL typhoon has them but it doesn't seem like they work with your mando system.

rexehuk, quite the opposite, these alarm are already configured as anti-radar in mma and will blow up you as soon as you turn on an MCC, automatic launcher, SAM site, etc.

Weird, the firing script relies on scudstate which should return the same values for any version of A2, and there is no difference between AI and human driven, except that for the human driven version the player MUST keep inside the launcher. Might be this is the cause, are you firing and geting out of the vehicle?

:D I didnt know that... and it works. I was just curious about missile balistic everytime i tried it, so i got out to watch. :) Sorry, my bad. Thank you, Mando.

Good to know, now I hope you dont ask me why the driver must keep inside, because I forgot the gameplay related reason :D

Go to:

\mando_missiles\mando_giveme_score.sqf

Delete Line 21, which is

_acidx1 = _veh addAction ["<t color=""#ffffff"">MMA Score", "mando_missiles\mando_display_score.sqf", "",-101,false, true];

That should remove the score action.

were is this ??

There is a cleanest way to "nullify" mando score before next release.

Copy mando_missiles\mando_score.sqf directly into your mission's folder (copy, dont move). Edit it and coment or remove this block:

mando_score_cars = mando_score_cars + _cars;
		  mando_score_planes = mando_score_planes + _planes;
		  mando_score_choppers = mando_score_choppers + _choppers;
		  mando_score_tanks = mando_score_tanks + _tanks;
		  mando_score_ships = mando_score_ships + _ships;
		  mando_score_bships = mando_score_bships + _bships;
		  mando_score_static = mando_score_static + _static;
		  mando_score_crews = mando_score_crews + _crews;
		  mando_score_missiles = mando_score_missiles + _missiles;			  

Then, from the init.sqf of your mission:

... whatever here ...
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
mando_scorefunc = compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "mando_score.sqf");

.... whatever here ...

This way you can always override mando_scorefunc with whatever other function you want to handle scores. Doing this will still leave there the menu action to show the score, but the scores will be always set to 0. And this way you avoid to modify the contents of mando_missiles folder.

Optionally, you can set these variables to a string value like "N/A". So the players will be aware that mando score doesnt apply in your mission.

There is a cleanest way to "nullify" mando score before next release.

Copy mando_missiles\mando_score.sqf directly into your mission's folder (copy, dont move). Edit it and coment or remove this block:

mando_score_cars = mando_score_cars + _cars;
		  mando_score_planes = mando_score_planes + _planes;
		  mando_score_choppers = mando_score_choppers + _choppers;
		  mando_score_tanks = mando_score_tanks + _tanks;
		  mando_score_ships = mando_score_ships + _ships;
		  mando_score_bships = mando_score_bships + _bships;
		  mando_score_static = mando_score_static + _static;
		  mando_score_crews = mando_score_crews + _crews;
		  mando_score_missiles = mando_score_missiles + _missiles;			  

Then, from the init.sqf of your mission:

... whatever here ...
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
mando_scorefunc = compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "mando_score.sqf");

.... whatever here ...

This way you can always override mando_scorefunc with whatever other function you want to handle scores. Doing this will still leave there the menu action to show the score, but the scores will be always set to 0. And this way you avoid to modify the contents of mando_missiles folder.

Optionally, you can set these variables to a string value like "N/A". So the players will be aware that mando score doesnt apply in your mission.

thank u mate i absolutely love your work its just good to have the option to use it or not thanks again :)

rexehuk, quite the opposite, these alarm are already configured as anti-radar in mma and will blow up you as soon as you turn on an MCC, automatic launcher, SAM site, etc.

He may have been referring to the ALARM's awesome loiter function.

The loitering flight pattern after firing without a lock is something that would be quite easy to include, BUT the effects on gameplay would be terrible as the SEAD plane will never need to take any risk. Fire an ALARM and follow it, fire another and follow it until you have reached the desired real target. If some radar gets active in front of you, the alarm flying ahead of your plane will take care of it. Too many advantages for a single EF2000 unless you prepare the mission with some serious air defenses.

Hi,

Is it right that with the Javelin, pressing TAB often cycles viewing mode (often sticking on the blank WFOV or the default ARMA2 Javelin display), rather than locking a target? I’m finding this really frustrating because it’s fantastic when it finally does work; I just spend too much time frantically trying to cycle back to the Mando display and trying to lock on. Could some other key that the TAB key be used for locking a target?

I use Combined Ops with v2.4b9.7

GadgetUK, that might happen if you use ACE because ACE has TAB key configured for Javelin. If you have ACE and you press TAB, your weapon is switched by another one, and when this happens MMA resets the display to the new weapon (which is a different class of Javelin). To avoid this issue, go to the ACE config menu and change that key to anything different than TAB.

For MMA TAB is used to lock on the target.

Edit: Optionally you can change "Lock Targets" key of A2 config, which is the one used by MMA to lock on, and it is TAB by default.

Not so... Tungustas and Shilkas do not show up (yes they have radar) which means you cannot perform proper SEAD, sure if your SAM sites are in you probably have coded that, but doesn't work for Shilkas and Tungustas which are the dominant AA defence within the game.

Didn't get any lock tone with a tungusta firing guns at me (which requires radar tracking), flew over it a good 3-4 times then just decided to bomb it, luckily the retarded AI didn't think to fire missles at me.

If you want the Tunguskas to be considered active radars, then execute the following script from your mission's init.sqf:

[["2S6M_Tunguska"]]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_im_active_radar.sqf";

This way you will be able to engage them with anti-radar missiles.

The single argument is an array of classes of things that should be considered as active radars. Of course this is not required for MMA specific launchers, automatic or manned.

About the mma score i was looking to remove the menu action if thats possible i just will never use it is there away i can remove it ??