Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

So basically this is something for people who are fluent in mission making and scripting? Not something you can just throw into your addons folder and start playing with in game?

So basically this is something for people who are fluent in mission making and scripting? Not something you can just throw into your addons folder and start playing with in game?

You can just throw the addons in and play, but if you have scripting ability, you can customize it to your likings.

Some missions have mando build right into it (like my warfare) so you don't need the addons.

Gossamer, try this version of the script that will not execute the drop commands server side.

mando_missilehead1_nohe.sqf

Anyway your code seems correct and I see no cause to have anything into the server rpt. Do you have the same in client's rpt files? Does your warfare have any mechanism deleting units just after their destruction?

Perineum, you can just download and try, it comes with many demo missions.

Yes, after a unit has been destroyed there will be a timeout period and then it gets removed.

I didn't get anything in my client RPT as far as I saw. I'll update the file and test it out tonight.

Question: is there any way to have the vegetation and view distance automatically changed when entering camera modes in MMA? Maybe via a simple trigger?

thanks in advance ;)

albertors, MMA TV display is 23900 so something like this would work:

while {true} do
{
  while {isNull findDisplay 23900} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };
  // MMA TV is ON, change settings just here

while {! isNull findDisplay 23900} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

// MMA TV is OFF, restore settings just here

};

You may execute that script directly from init.sqf inside a if (! isDedicated) then block

Thanks Mando! Top notch quality support, as usual ;) I'll make an .sqf file to keep things clean and I will make this selectable via parameter :)

Mandoble is it possible to change which type of bombs are droped when using air support.

mando_airsupport_bomb_type: The class of a bomb type ammo or the special type "SADARM". "Bo_GBU12_LGB" is used by default.

This bomb is used for precission strikes. For carpet bombing you determine which ones will be used from the carpet bombing custom code block.

For a complete list of globals used by the air support console have a look here

thanks,In were would I find this "mando_airsupport_bomb_type" what file

Edited by esco7800

thanks,In were would I find this "mando_airsupport_bomb_type" what file

I believe you can define it in the init section of your mission. I believe this because I'm looking at the code right now:

\mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf

Lines 1233 - 1236

if (isNil "mando_airsupport_bomb_type") then
{
  mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "Bo_GBU12_LGB";
};

Corrent, anywhere the init.sqf. You can also change the value of any of these globals dynamically within your mission. For example, you may start with quite weak bombs, and later in the mission you may change by a more powerfull bomb type, etc.

One more? So I put this in my init.sqf "if (isNil "mando_airsupport_bomb_type") then

{

mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "GLT_2Rnd_KAB1500";

};"

just put

mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "GLT_2Rnd_KAB1500";

When I use the scud nukes against large cities such as Chernogorsk or Zargabad, the nuke effects seem to become disjointed. Trees on the peripheries of the city fall over before buildings at ground zero are destroyed, and the "stem" of the mushroom cloud appears only after the "cap" has completely dissipated.

I tested using a groundburst scud nuke called via mando_ai_scud.sqf . Does anyone else experience this? Maybe my card is too slow to process the particle effects or something.

When I use the scud nukes against large cities such as Chernogorsk or Zargabad, the nuke effects seem to become disjointed. Trees on the peripheries of the city fall over before buildings at ground zero are destroyed, and the "stem" of the mushroom cloud appears only after the "cap" has completely dissipated.

I tested using a groundburst scud nuke called via mando_ai_scud.sqf . Does anyone else experience this? Maybe my card is too slow to process the particle effects or something.

That happens sometimes if you are at a certain distance I believe. I've seen it a few times.

AI not dropping the new bomb, This is what I have in my, my_console_setup.sqf. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Sleep 1;

mando_airsupport_type = "Su34";

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "ACE_Su27_CAP";

mando_airsupport_type_cp = "ACE_Su27_CASP";

mando_airsupport_type_gs = "Ka52Black";

mando_reco_cam_pos = [0,3,-2];

mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "GLT_2Rnd_CH59";

// player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000;

mando_ingress_dir = 90;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 200;

mando_airsupport_jump = false; // reinforcements and airborne assault will land and disembark instead of jump from chopper.

mando_support_no_cas = false;

mando_support_no_br = false;

mando_support_no_ff = false;

mando_support_no_sa = false;

mando_support_no_gs = false;

mando_support_no_ab = true;

mando_support_no_cm = true;

mando_support_no_sat = true;

mando_support_no_rc = false;

mando_support_no_ev = true;

mando_support_no_la = true;

mando_support_no_am = true;

mando_support_no_ve = true;

mando_support_no_re = true;

mando_support_no_cp = false;

mando_support_no_cb = false;

// Info text displayed in the setup / info dialog (this is an structured text)

mando_airsupport_info = "Mission info: <br />Try altitudes between 190 and 250m for iron bombing using AV8B, 500m or higher for Spectres and 200

for mining planes<br /><br /><t color='#ff0000'>Objetive:</t><br />Destroy all enemy vehicles and infantry in the airfield";

// Setup dialog options 1, 2 and 3, dont set any of these variables if you dont want special options

mando_airsupport_opt1_text = "Gunship Type";

mando_airsupport_opt1_array = ["Ka52Black", "Spectre"];

mando_airsupport_opt1_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

switch (_item) do

{

case "Ka52Black":

{

mando_airsupport_type_ca = "Ka52Black";

};

case "Spectre":

{

[]execVM "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\options\mando_spectre.sqf";

};

};

};

mando_airsupport_opt2_text = "Carpet Bombing Type";

mando_airsupport_opt2_array = ["Iron Bombs", "Deploy minefield"];

mando_airsupport_opt2_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

switch (_item) do

{

case "Iron Bombs":

{

[]execVM "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\options\mando_harrier_iron.sqf";

};

case "Deploy minefield":

{

[]execVM "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\options\mando_c130_mining.sqf";

};

};

};

// End of options setup dialog configuration

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for AV8B

mando_airsupport_carpetcode =

{

private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];

_plane = _this select 0;

_targetpos = _this select 1;

while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do

{

Sleep 1;

};

if (alive _plane) then

{

_widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;

for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

_plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,driver _plane, _widx];

Sleep 0.4;

};

};

};

if (side player == east) then

{

mando_airsupport_type_cb = "Su25_Ins";

// mando_airsupport_type_cb = "Su25_TK_EP1";

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for Su25

mando_airsupport_carpetcode =

{

private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];

_plane = _this select 0;

_targetpos = _this select 1;

while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do

{

Sleep 1;

};

if (alive _plane) then

{

_widx = [_plane, "AirBombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;

for [{_i=0}, {_i<4}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

_plane action ["useWeapon", _plane, driver _plane, _widx];

Sleep 0.4;

};

};

};

};

["MMA Air Support Console", {(rank player == "Lieutenant")}]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf";

That happens sometimes if you are at a certain distance I believe. I've seen it a few times.

That could explain it, since I was watching the blast with camera.sqs while my character was kilometers away. I will have to investigate this further.

esco,

mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "GLT_2Rnd_CH59";

What you need to put there is the bomb class (the object class), that GLT_2Rnd sounds like an ammo class name.

here is the, Classname weapon name: "GLT_KAB1500_Launcher" When I press CAS, the plane just fly's over the target without dropping it bombs.

here is the, Classname weapon name: "GLT_KAB1500_Launcher" When I press CAS, the plane just fly's over the target without dropping it bombs.

This is the weapon classname not the ammo. The correct ammo classname is

GLT_KAB1500_LGB

Does http://www.telefonica.net/web2/mandoble/mma_readmefirst.html

cover all vehicles in Mando Missiles?

If it doesn't. Is the AH1 BAF apache covered by MMA?

Having no luck locking targets with monocle.

Second Question if I wanted ONLY the Air console and NOTHING else from MMA is that possible?

Vanilla BIS for everything else?

(Pretty Sure the answer is Yes but before I start slamming about my server I want to make sure I understand what I am reading

Thanks

Edited by Styxx42
grammer

Styxx42, all A2/OA/BAF vehicles are covered, as most of all third party mods and individual addons. AH1 BAF too, I did test it and I have no problems to lock on and fire with monocle. Remember that monocle shows valid targets that have their engine on or that at least have consumed some fuel. If you have stopped vehicles that never turned their engines on during the mission (cold vehicles), the monocle will not display them as potential targets and you will need to use the TV and lock on ground positions or fire in LOAL and/or fire the missiles manually without a lock.

You can have console and nothing else if you initialize mma (mma init) but do not execute mma setup full. Note that this might generate a balance problem as planes used for CAP missions will use mando missiles in order to sweep the air space of enemy planes, but these enemy planes will not be able to defend themselves vs mando missiles (and this includes planes drived by players engaged by CAP ones). A possible solution would be to set the number of CAP missions available always to 0.

Styxx42, all A2/OA/BAF vehicles are covered, as most of all third party mods and individual addons. AH1 BAF too

the monocle will not display them as potential targets and you will need to use the TV and lock on ground positions or fire in LOAL and/or fire the missiles manually without a lock.

You can have console and nothing else if you initialize mma (mma init) but do not execute mma setup full. .

That is good to know Mandoble

Thanks

We are playing on Fallujah1.1 and even on my I7 960 OC'd to 4.2 Ghz SLI SSD OCZ 2 Vertex drive only running AO CB ARMS the TV system is almost useless. It is worse then freeze frames. I have tested on other islands and it work super smooth and super fast but on the Fallujah maps it is not even worth using.(for the most part it is only to play around because most of the combat is street level building to building.

Not worried about balance because most of the time there is 3 of s on a private server getting our butts handed to us. so balance is not an issue.

Thanks for your answers and your amazing work Mandoble.

Styxx42