Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Ginger, there is an explanation behind the no NV effects when looking at the camera's "issue". NVs can "scale up" ambient light, but, can NV scale up the "no light" generated by a "black" MFD display? I guess the answer is no, while I might be wrong. Said that, at mission level (Gossamer's one for example), the editor can decide to allow that for gameplay reasons. Only required modification would be to remove the:

camUseNVG false;

line in mando_missile_tv.sqf

About the hints and the help texts it happens that their presence doesnt like to all these that already know how to use MMA, so their current dysplayed time and colour is a compromise for both, the skilled users and the newbies. Of course, it is required that the newbies must, at least, know to read ;) But again, with the script suite the mission editor might change these to have neon-like colours and keep the texts blinking all the time :D

Hi,

just tried the NLAW together with ACE mod, and there seems no damage done to tanks at all.

Also I was playing a campaing mission, and after reverting to an earlier save, it was not possible to change modes with the javelin or lock anything up.

Sry if these are known bugs, but thats what I just saw. Hope it helps.

If you should need a better repro, just let me know.

Cheers

Crusader

Thanks for the info Crusader. The warhead of the NLAW is the native of the missile (it doesnt use any scripted detonation), might be too weak for ACE tank armour.

About the save problem, have you tried switching weapons and then back to javelin?

Is it possible for you to make the FLIR work better at night?

The FLIR runs off the one in OA; Mando doesn't actually change anything about it.

Hey Mando. I don't know if you're already aware of this problem or not, but as an example if you take a LGB Harrier and rearm it with Mavericks the Mavericks MFD won't show up. This also happens if you do the same on A-10's.

Fisgas, what Maverick missiles are you talking about? The BIS ones? And rearming how, from MMA rearm?

I rearmed using the MMA rearm, basically changing the loadouts, so i believe it's the MMA mavericks.

mmm MMA Mav TV is supported by A10, but not included for AV8B. So missing TV for AV8 Mavs is normal, but Mavs should always provide camera action for the A10. Are you sure that Mav TV action is missing for A10 after rearming? If so, do you have MAV mode on HUD (local and ground) ?

Said that, I'll add Mav TV support also for AV8.

Is it at all possible to make it possible to aim at a target with the LGB camera, coming back to the HUD view and when you go back to the LGB camera it is still looking at the same target?

Gossamer, a flu is delaying it a bit. The only missing thing is adapting the SAM site to use also automatic missile launchers not based on models (similar to these of BOS). Between others, following changes are already included:

- Javelin NFOV - WFOV status detection improved

- Javelin dynamic white corners added on locked on targets

- Javelin ACE_Javelin_Direct supported

- Performance boost for TV systems

- HEXA Rafale amd Puma CE systems

- MMA Scoring added

- Patriots PAC-1 y PAC-2 added

- TV max zoom level from 15x to up to 78x

- SAM site Added

- MAF NH90s, Gazelles and Mirage F1s systems added

- NLAW, Dragoon and TOW HUD symbology hidden if not in optics

- Mi24 TVs will not display detected enemies with squares

- Mi24 manual missile guidance now allows users to have a pretty limited AA capability vs slow moving targets

- ACE_Mi24_V_FAB250_RU, ACE_Mi24_V_FAB250_CDF and ACE_Mi24_D_INS systems added

- Nuclear effects scalable depending on power

- 3 different fallout areas of different intensities generated by on-ground nuclear explosions (Silicon-31, Iodine-131 and Strontium-90 isotopes)

- Nuclear detonations performing better in MP games

The pending things:

- SAM site working with non-model based automatic launchers

- Adding systems for BW mod Tiger, Transall and ch53

- Adding systems for p85 and TPS PL Mis

- Adding Maverick TV for Harriers

- Add all the documentation of the nuclear modifications made by Echo

- Add all the documentation to setup SAM sites

- Add ECM interference effects to SAM site radar

- Include one or several SAM site setups for an aircraft carrier

- Add a nuclear warhead SAM similar to Nike Hercules usable for players and AI able to intercept SCUDs and similars

Fisgas, last time I tried it was working exactly this way.

Hum... Can you give me a brief explanation on how to do it or point me to where it is explained?

Fisgas, it works for ground positions and remote targets.

Just lock on a ground position or switch to REMOTE and lock on a target locked on by others, close the camera, go back to the camera and the original target should be there locked on.

Might be I'll reenable the same for local targets.

Impressive!

This is the only reason i keep playing Arma 2.

Yes, what i'm trying to accomplish look at a target yourself, go back to HUD and then go back to camera without the camera going back to default.

Hi Mando and thanks for your great work.

I have a question : I would like to try the new functionnalities of the MLRS but I didn't notice anything different from Vanilla.

I created a mission with Mando missile Init, Mando Missile Full and a MLRS with the player as driver but I had no new options and pressing LCtrl to bring up some HUD didn't work.

Same for the T90.

Also, I tried the SCUD Launcher, I have the Window to select a target but I can't choose between "G" and "D", like in the screenshot you provide in the manual.

All the other features seem to work well, though.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance !

Fisgas, this feature will be re-enabled for next release.

Ikaruga, to have the SCUD targeting options for Ground or Air burst you must use Echo/Mando nuclear warheads (types 2 and above).

In order to have the MLRS working as SAM or as GMLRs you need to define a global variable in your mission's init.sqf (as estated in the online readme):

// If defined, this variable sets the type of MLRS to be used GMLRS = 0, MLRS SAM = 1, if not defined MMA will not add automatically any systems for the MLRS

mma_mlrs_mode = 0;

If this variable is not defined, MLRS will not have any specific MMA system.

And what's your problem with the T90?

Thanks for your help !

How do I use a different warhead for the SCUD ? I read this in the manual, but could you be more specific on how to achieve this, please ?

"To set a different type of warhead

you need to set a vehicle variable named mando_scud_type.

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 0]; // <- Conventional

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 1]; // <- <uclear - Gigan detonation

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2]; // <- <uclear - Echo/Mando ground detonation

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 3]; // <- <uclear - Echo/Mando air detonation

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 4]; // <- <uclear, 3 MIRVs - Echo/Mando ground

detonation

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 5]; // <- <uclear, 3 MIRVs - Echo/Mando air

detonation"

About the T90, the manual states that it has some Laser option but I can't find how to activate it. The T90 is no different from the Vanilla one in my game.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ikaruga

Ikaruga, dont really know how to be more specific.

Place a scud launcher on the map, put

this setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2]

in its init line from the editor, and try (as driver).

About the T90, board it as gunner, press F to select the reflekts, wait for a second and you should have there the MMA reflekts hud. It is laser based, so you can use also remote mode. You can also use ground and air modes, but you cannot break the lock until impact or the shell will miss.

Hey Mandoble,

You did an outstanding job with all those aviation systems. After two weeks of using , I barrely testet out all of the features. Still have some open questions and future feature ideas, if you dont mind?

-Feature Request

Real TGP have the capability to set SPI (SensorPoint of Interest) like a waypoint and slew to them.

The only real Waypoints we have in Arma CO are the one you can do with Shift+Mapclick. Would it be somehow possible to use this Waypoint System like a SPI and be able to set new Waypoints and slew to them, while in the "Camera-Mode"?

I think this could make the camera handling a lot more realisticly and would improve the userfriendlyness.

-Feature Request

When we talk about Waypoints, I think Arma is lacking a propper multiple Waypoint System for all Aircrafts. The GPS is a nice gimmick, but you should be able to set multiple Waypoints. Maybe this could be done by using the ingame Shift+Mapclick feature which switches to the next Waypoint defined in the script via a key (Maybe the Special Key?). I know you are more into making Weapon Systems, but you did a great job on the Navigation Hud Mode, so maybe its interesting? :D

-Question about TrackIR

As a Gunner of the AH64, you are able to fire the M230 without looking through the optics provided by the chopper, you can Aim with your view. This view is currently controlled normaly with the mouse.

For TrackIR users thats a big problem, because with turning the real head, the view is turned too, but the Gun still is on the same spot.

TRACKIR uses the freelook function, which you can enable with double-Alt clicking. Is it somehow possible for the user to change something in the config, to slew the gun to the freelook? The ACE Hellfire L can lock onto specific targets via Freelook, so maybe it would be possible for the Mando System too?

I know you dont own TIR, but maybe you have an idea how to use the FreeLook function for targeting? :)

-BUG

While testing, we noticed a little "bug" with ACE and the Apache. When the Apache was moving and a Hellfire was fired, the Apache just exploded. I suspect a conflict between the ACE & Mando Hellfires? Is there a possible solution?

Please excuse my english, this wall of text and I wish you a good day.

ACE does have an advanced navigation tool, the DAGR, that supports multiple waypoints.

The freelook issue is definitely an interesting problem. I have a TIR5, so perhaps could help Mando with testing any ideas he has there.

The ACE compatibility stuff seems to be on-going. They are pretty good at fixing issues once notified - do submit a ticket on their tracking system.

swissMAG

1 Request: This is already supported from TVs and from MCCs. From TVs shift click and the position currently aimed by the camera becomes the current destination for the driver (if driver is AI), and a gray circle will visually mark this position in the camera's area. From MCCs, click on the NAV button, then click on the small map to the bottom left, and this position becomes the new destination of the driver (if AI). So in both cases you can also guide AI driver's from gunner's positions.

2 Request:

ATM Navigation is not a particular concern of MMA, it is supporting what is described above, but there are no plans to increase this functionality in the near future. Said that, MMA has a NAV mode on HUD, and any location marked as "special" is displayed there with its name and in red. So, if you have an script that creates custom locations as navigation marks, MMA HUD will display them if working in Nav mode. Same as the Kuznetsov example where you an use these custom locations to effectively land on the carrier (similar to ILS).

3 Request: I dont have TIR, but I use Free Look all the time with AH64 MMA monocle to lock on targets or guide Hellfires in LOAL mode too, same applies to AIM9X and HMD of F35 as well as other MMA systems that allow sight-targeting.

Bug: Never happened to me with the Apache, but it might happen if you turn the chopper while firing. MMA missiles are "alive" since they are fired, so if you keep a constant rotation to the right, and a hellfire is fired from right pilon, it might happen that the nose of the chopper (while keeping the rotation) hits the missile and you explode. This situation is more common with planes firing retarded ignition missiles like the Ch29. If the pilot goes too fast and diving, he might "drop" a Ch29, overfly its own missile while keeping the dive into the target, then a second later the missile's engine ignites and the missile hunts the hunter.