Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Do you mean the part where he's defined the BTR90 as the firing unit? Then yes, you can change that to any classname you want (technically)

Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks for the answer!

A buddy of mine is not yet sold on Arma, He purchased it, but didn't enjoy the first few mins he played so dropped it. Nonetheless I've been trying to show him the merits of the game. He recently asked almost as a joke "are there nukes?"

So trying to make a mission that may win him over ;)

Thanks Mando, I'll give that a try.

Biggest concern to me really is the missing readability of the whole thing, like spawning a red circle marker with the player's launch vehicle in the center and the radius approximately matching the min-range you set via maximum turn rate adjustments.

Of course later on it would be great to get a proper implementation that doesn't let you set targets within a defined min-radius and will cancel previously set targets once you move the vehicle within that min-range.

Mandoble, I took 2 screenshots and put them on a web site, here is the link, look at the screenshots in the first reply. First one is MMA Air control, second one is missile gudie tv. Both have problem in triple screen mode, 12:3, 16:3 and my own setting 16:4. Hope these can help you find out what to fix and wish the update come soon :-)

http://bbs.samren.cn/read.php?tid=13610

Tried the test version, all ok except one small bug. It seems you forgot to give the correct path in ' tv\tv_types\' for ah64's agm114k missile. I modified the file" setup\XXXXX_ah64_setup.sqf ' by adding ' tv\ ' to ' tv_types\ ' and all goes well.

Thank you mandoble! No visual bugs for triple screens!

Edited by xy20032004

xy20032004, good finding! I've been changing most of the MMA paths to be dependant on a global and it seems I've been cutting/pasting more than it should ;)

Thanks Mandoble for the updated SuperHornet test version of MMA.

The WSO can now access the gun cameras as exspected. Thanks.

I have a problem with the MMA Rearming and the F-18 in MP. It works perfectly in Singleplayer, but when I try it on a dedicated server, its allways switching back to the default loadout.

Any ideas? Did anybody else test it and it worked?

Thanks

Best regards

MAG

swissMAG, might be by config the weapons are owned by the gunner, try rearming as gunner (the rearming option is available for the gunner too).

Mandoble, could you tell me how to remove the two horizontal lines which indicate terrain elevation in AH64's aiming glass ? And how to change the color of selection menu form blue to white?

I always play singleplayer mode and like to make some personal changes so can you spend a little time to show me the way? Thanks.

Edited by xy20032004

For the terrain following lines, open mando_missiles\huds\custom\custom_hud_apache.sqf,

there you will find

_center = screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];

which marks the beginning of the terrain following code.

The last two lines involved are:

(_display DisplayCtrl (40+_i)) CtrlSetTextColor _colors + [mando_hud_max_alpha];

};

For the menu action color, inside mando_missiles there are several scripts executing addAction commands, locate them and replace any t color=""#XXXXXX"" by t color=""#ffffff"" (XXXXXX being the current color)

Hi Mando,

just tested your new beta version, and first of all great work all around, much appreciated!

A bug I noticed:

(using ACE mod, not tested without ACE)

- AH64: AGM114K throws a script error: Mando_TV_Hellfire.sqs not found.

These work fine on the AH1-Z.

And a couple of personal gameplay request ;)

- The TV camera is steerable by numpad which is fine, but could you set the NUM5 key as stop movement key? Specially with diagonal moves pressing all the opposing directional keys can be a hazzle.

- Could you reduce the "TV effect" on the hellfire cam a little bit by default, I think (coming from DCS series) real MFD's dont have that much noise onscreen.

I think the A10 AGM65 cam is much better.

Cheers,

Crusader

swissMAG, might be by config the weapons are owned by the gunner, try rearming as gunner (the rearming option is available for the gunner too).

Worked fine with the WSO, thanks. :)

Another thing I have noticed. There are about 5 Planes that come with Meatballs Superhornet, but only the first from the dropdown list in the Editor is able to swap the loadouts (to SEAD, JDAM, JSOW, etc.). On the others, you can only rearm the default loadout. Not sure if that is a problem from MMA or from GLT's Missilebox.

But anyway, thanks :).

Best regards

Thanks for the heads up Crusader, while fixing a wrong path found by xy20032004, the result was an even worse path ;), it is in the setups folder, mando_ah64_setup.sqf, the path for TV systems is wrong, it should be:

mando_missile_path+"tv\tv_types\mando_tv_hellfire.sqs";

Actually to stop movements you simply need to click once in the opposite direction with the keyboard, so you can stop individually vertical and horizontal movement. Anyway I'll include 5 to stop any movement.

I'll revise that TV effect you mention and expect another beta for this evening.

swissMAG, while setting up Meatball's F18 I was using just the first plane class, that's the problem. I'll include the rest later today.

Test version including:

- MMA rearm options for all F18 version.

- MMA TV Num K 5 stops cam movement.

- AH64 TV screen cleared up.

- AH64 monocle's terrain following lines visible only if flying below 80m.

- ACE2 Su30 should not be prone to hit its own fired missiles from TV.

Hi, I've been experiencing some issues with Mando lately when using it on servers.

Basically what happens is this. Whenever I fire ground based ATGM (Konkurs, TOW, Metis etc) they behave extremely weird. This is what happens when I fire a TOW for instance, it first drops down very sharply, forcing me to aim at least 30 degrees up in the air to prevent hitting the ground, and when it starts recovering it makes an extremely sharp turn and goes straight up in the air.

When I try to fire them from a Bradley, they just fly from side to side (without me moving my mouse at all), trying to catch the center of my aiming point but always just passing by it. As soon as I try to gently move the aiming point when it's doing this, it just flies off uncontrollably in whatever direction I tried to adjust it to.

Konkurs seem to be more steady, but are still extremely sensitive to any movement of the aiming point. Past 1000 meters attempting to move the aiming point results in the missile flying uncontrollably in that direction.

If I use MMA locally or in singleplayer everything works perfectly fine, but when I join my friend running a mission locally or on our dedicated server every ATGM seizes to function properly for me. While him, and most other people are having no issues at all using the exact same weapons in the same mission.

I redownloaded several times, and this is also happening with the test version you just put out. I'm using MMA on top of ACE if that means anything.

Any clue if it's a problem on my end, or somebody elses? I'd rather not spend 10 hours redownloading my games and all my mods if there could possibly be an easier fix.

Are you, or any of your friends, running mods? If so, is there any difference between the mods you are running?

Hartmann,if is this happening to you and not to the rest of the players in the same server I see two possible causes:

1 - Most probably, another addon interferring.

2 - You get too low FPS (< 10), so the script guiding the missile is affected negatively and might update the target for the missile too late all the time.

Is this a mission using MMA addon or MMA script suite?

@Hartmann, make sure you are firing missiles from the first person optics view. I find guided missiles have a hard time when not fired in optics.

@Mando, above comment. I'm not sure if mando guided missiles are supposed to not work properly when not in optics view? Aka if I lock a target with a javelin and fire then go to third person right away, the missile kinda goes upward and then dies.

Gossamer, I have no problems with the Jav while firing in third person or firing and then switching to third person. But consider that for manual guided ones the reference is the screen's center, if are in optics the missile will always go to where your optics are pointing at, but if not in optics and you turn your head, the missile will try to go there where you are now looking at.

Hartmann,if is this happening to you and not to the rest of the players in the same server I see two possible causes:

1 - Most probably, another addon interferring.

2 - You get too low FPS (< 10), so the script guiding the missile is affected negatively and might update the target for the missile too late all the time.

Is this a mission using MMA addon or MMA script suite?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm fairly sure it's not my FPS, so that would mean a mod conflict then. Is it possible that it's a mod on the servers side that's conflicting with MMA on my side?

Because I use exactly the same mod setup for myself offline and there it works fine.