Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Ok, the latest beta patch is has fixed the eventhandler. Just tested it and it reports ["target","ammo","whoFired"] again!

Now Mando, let's see that new version :D

So will the new version with that fix require OA? I don't own it.

No, MMA doesnt need any fix, OA needed a fix and it seems BIS already fixed that in last beta patch. Next MMA version will support OA units, but will not require OA, so it will keep working normally with A2. ATM MMA will not work well with OA alone (it misses A2 content used by MMA), it will work with A2 or A2 + OA.

That's great, thanks. MMA seems to get along better with newer versions of ACE to boot.

Hows the plan for those OA Huds ? will they be disabled ?

Cause as far as i saw at Stinger/strela you have both OA and MMA at same time...

I guess in aircrafts is the same.

Greetz

Muecke

So far OA HUDs dont interfere with MMA ones, with one small exception. Metis has a default IR display, so you cannot use MMA to turn IR on/off.

Mandoble

Not sure if this has been brought up, but with Combined Operations and MMA the Javelin will not lock. It tones like it is locked but the missile goes straight up the every time. Drop MMA and the javelin works fine.

Nomadd

Nomadd, excuse my ignorance, but I dont even know what Combined Operations is. If this is an addon and it interferes with MMA, then there is nothing I can do. It might happen if the addon removes or replaces keydown event handlers for default display, rendering MMA lock key useless. You will have this effect if you use displaySetEventHandler instead of displayAddEventHandler. Are the keys to switch modes and to change IR image working for you?

Said that, if you fire with no MMA lock (white crossairs), then the missile will fly in its firing direction and elevation (even if you have a BIS lock) and will fly guideless. You might try locking on in ground mode, that is to lock on a ground position and fire. Consider also that to get a lock (except in ground mode), the target must have its engine on.

Nomadd, excuse my ignorance, but I dont even know what Combined Operations is.

Combined Operations is ArmA 2 & Operation Arrowhead together. I don't know what happens when installing OpA without ArmA 2 being present. If ArmA 2 is installed, the install procedure will merge both together and the Desktop Icon says "ArmA " Combined Operations.

Ah, this is what I have A2 + OA and my MMA Jav works perfect.

Just remember that you need to get a MMA lock (TAB and keep the target centered until the four red corners forms an square over the target). The beep you have there is probably the BIS autolock one, and not the MMA lock one.

Is there going to be real FLIR where the fake/effect FLIR is right now? I've love that.

We were just discussing that, yes, but there's a bit of scripting involved in ensuring the HUD's (Javelin/Metis) reflect the current state correctly. I also hope to introduce an optional addon that will get rid of conflicting/confusing vanilla behaviours (that damned beeping has to go).

Mandoble, This is a work of art, thank you! (I just got a new gfx card, overclocked my CPU, A2+OA, ACE 1.5, and feel like I AGAIN have the ultimate military simulator on the planet.. Oh wait. I do!) It's like a whole new game @45 FPS, and the PVP air to air struggle with your systems is MOST enjoyable!

GossamerS, sadly yes (put the blame on Defunkt), so might be next beta will not be ready for this weekend :p Which is not that terribly bad as I might have some extra time to add some terrain profile scanning lines to the AH64 monocle.

Thanks Scrub :)

Forgive me if I missed it.

But I have read through how to use this amazing suite and see all the extra work to make other mods compatible, but if I want to add flairs to another addon is there something I can put in the init line to get Mandos working with a 3rd party mod that is not on your list?

Thanks

And Thanks for making this so IDIOT proof.

ALL I did to get it working with Domination was copy and paste the ACE mission(the core stuff around the PLAYER) right into the Dom mission we play and BLAM. IT worked like a charm. Incredibly easy. Modules I think they are called.

I am having an issue with making the MMC only work for the MHQ but I have to play with it more. I used your player Init line on my character but I want the MHQ really IMPORTANT. Is there an INIT line I can add to that one MHQ?

Thanks again.

Styxx42, do you want to add flares only, or also any special firing system? Which class of plane/chopper do you want to add to the list of these having flares and RWR for the pilot? If it is worth to be added, I can also add it to the default setup of MMA.

Also which type of MCC do you want to add to your MHQ? SAM? AG tactical launcher? which is the class name of your MHQ?

Edit:

Also for clarification, are you talking about

or about
? Edited by Mandoble

anyway to stabilize the UAV view? like the view of the tank gunner is stabilized? or like the laser on Mando systems?

would make the UAV usefull for a change

Styxx42, do you want to add flares only, or also any special firing system? Which class of plane/chopper do you want to add to the list of these having flares and RWR for the pilot? If it is worth to be added, I can also add it to the default setup of MMA.

Also which type of MCC do you want to add to your MHQ? SAM? AG tactical launcher? which is the class name of your MHQ?

Edit:

Also for clarification, are you talking about

or about
?

Sorry for the confusion.

Okay

We swapped out the Standard Helos with the ADUKES HELO PACK-ArmA2.

ad_mh60k_black is what I used. We don't need anything for guns just the Flairs.

But I also have the RAH 66 in there and was trying to figure out how to add the guns and missiles to that. (I don't have their class name handy here at work.)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7356 A Duke

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7132 RAH 66.

To be honest I am not expecting you to do this to these vehicle packs. I know you are busy. I just recall that your ARMA Mando I added the gun turret via init lines to a littlebird(the MOGUNS)... It has been a long time. But I could not find anything to do that with this newer system. THe trade off is worth it. SO EASY to get preconfiged units up. Plus the Missiles are amazing...

For the MHQ I was fiddling with this to my init.sqf(I say fiddling because I am only learning)

I know I have to do more with the Desc and the init.sqf before this line would work, but I just couldn't sort out the details. (But the init line addition to my player worked so well with out messing with Xeno's files I was hoping I could just put it in teh init of the vehicle.)

there is only One Stryker and I have listed the class below in the line.

(Forcing the players to HAVE to take this one vehicle if they want the amazingly powerful MMA for our tiny group of 3 players. Sorry about the miss quite on the mmc.)

//res = ["MMA Air Support Console", {(typeOf vehicle player == "ACE_Stryker_TOW_MG") && (player == driver vehicle player)}] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf";

Thanks again.

Edited by Styxx42

pre-Vet, have you tried the mma_test_uav_addon mission included in the MMA pack? There you may take control of a Hellfire armed UAV MCC TV camera and engage some enemy tanks nearby.

Styxx42, your code to activate the console seems correct, as long as the vehicle class is ACE_Stryker_TOW_MG and you want it available only for the gunner.

Your condition for activation is:

{(typeOf vehicle player == "ACE_Stryker_TOW_MG") && (player == driver vehicle player)}

Remember that if you are using the script suite you need to follow the instructions included in the help pdf.

About the flares for the mh60:

// init.sqf

// Whatever here

[] spawn
{
  waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
  waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

// 15 flares packs added + RWR + lifting hud
  [["ad_mh60k_black"], 0, "", [], [], 15, 15, 0, [4,3,-2.5], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_lift.sqf", 0, 0, [], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";
};

A note about the lifting hud, it is there to be used with any lifting script or addon you may want to use, it will help you to position your chopper over the cargo and using "G" key you may activate look down camera for even more accurate aproach. But as said, if you want it to be able to lift anything, you will need to implement it using external resources not included into MMA.

I think the RAH 66 you are talking about is in quite green stage yet, if this is the one that have even the positions of pilot/gunner switched. I will not setup its systems yet. If this is not the case and you are talking about a finished, working and error free addon, give me a link and might be I'll add systems for it this weekend.

Thanks for the pointers. It is almost the weekend and I am looking forward to digging into this.

Going to print off the help pdf and reread it all. Do you mean the MMA readmefirst.pdf?

Question for clarification purposes.

If I am using your two addon folders @mma and @mma_XEH, I don't (or haven't so far) need to copy the script suite over to the mission folder. But all connecting players(all three of them) need the pbo) Correct?

Because to get the flairs, javelin, hellfire, Lookdown G option..... to be honest too many things to even recount here. All I did was drop down the Game logics for Mando and ACE ... and that was pretty much it. They worked just like I read in the readme.

Even adding the init line to Bravo1 team leader.

I pasted this in his Init line of the player.

bravo_1 addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"]; e to my player to get the MMA.

I seen there where directories in the above statement but assumed they reside inside the PBO of your addons folder.

This is what is confusing me some. I didn't have to edit the init, or the description.ext Nothing. Just drop and play. MANDO'D in seconds I call it.

Hence my slight confusion on how to progress.

If I want to use the flairs and have to put them in the init.sqf and not the init of the chopper then I would assume I would have to reread how to initialize Mando via the init and take out the two logic units that fired everything up previously. Or can I just leave them in no harm no foul and add that line for the Blackhawk to get the flair system? and run with the big dawgs?

The link

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7132

for the RAH 66. is for a final version as per the webpage with server key as well. On that page alone has over 9000 downloads closer to 10,000.

There are a few minor inconsistencies, shadows not right but as far as I know this is a ready to use version. I have used it for a long time. I would LOVE your system in it instead of the default. I like yours much better.

Thanks for your assistance Mandoble. Sorry for the long winded questions.

Styxx42, the mando GLs initialize many things, but you can initialized many more from your init.sqf. For example, if a chopper class is missing in the MMA setups, you can add a hud, flares, ecm, rwr, nav radar, lift camera, etc just adding some lines to the init.sqf. And yes, these lines include folders which are the same inside the addon as with the script suite.

Of course, if you use the addon you dont need to use the script suite and yes, all the players need to have it (the addon). If your mission uses GLs, then you dont need @mma_XEH. mma_XEH is to initialize MMA with default setups for all and every mission (specially for these that have no MMA setup inside).

The MMA GLs (Full, ACE, FFAA, gun, kutnezov) execute scripts within the addon, if you use the script suite, then you will not have these GLs, so you will need to execute the corresponding scripts from your mission's init.sqf.

The script to add flares, huds, etc doesnt add flares to a single choppes, but to arrays of chopper or plane classes. So it is executed in the init.sqf and not in the init field of each chopper.

For MMA Air Support console allowance applies the same, MMA GLs doesnt include it (as the criteria would be different for every mission), so you need to execute the scripts to allow the console in your init.sqf. Here you will find detailed instructions and examples.

BTW, Scars just finished a working phalanx turret to be used with mando gun which works error free with OA:

mma_phalanx.jpg

Edited by Mandoble

Ok had a look at the read me, I'm all confused as how to add air support to a mission. Im not good with scripts but im trying to give it a go any help.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

played around with it a bit and got it to work thanks. Great job it's a great asset and addon

Great News Mandoble on the phalanx turret now I will be able to add it back in my mission.

A small request and a suggestion.

Could we get a CCIP for the Mi-24P? It would make its bombs much more useful.

Also, you may want to review the missile speeds for missiles like the AT-16 (Vikhrs), AT-9, AT-2, and all the MANPADS, as they are (in general) slower than they should be in real life.

The balance aspect of some supersonic jets, like Myke's F-16, are out of whack. Due to the max target speed for lock on many weapons, they can't hit these aircraft at all or are killed before they can even fire.

A small request and a suggestion.

Could we get a CCIP for the Mi-24P? It would make its bombs much more useful.

Marginally. You have to be flying halfway up to the stratosphere to avoid the blast.

I don't think Hinds have CCIP or any analogous system. Or at least I've heard of Soviet pilots in Afghanistan just flipping bombs onto their targets after learning by experience.