Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

My main concern is to reach a good balance between playability and realism taking into good account the limitations of the game. So far, Xenos's suggestions dont have a negative impact on playability, so these are worth to include. AV8 is already capable to designate its own targets, so the change would affect only to A10 LGB camera, able to work only in remote targeting mode.

Hi all,

I know it would be more realistic for the A10A but anyone wanting to depict the A10C for instance can do so now, despite the model.

I for one would leave it that way to be honest. Cause there are only so many models but many more weaponsystems and we are also not considering the different blocks of f16 or that the f35 in game cannot carry any munitions at all IRL, so I vote for more bang (as in leave it as it is please ;) )

Cheers

Crusader

Do the Knighthawk's sonic buoys and Mu-90 torpedoes have any functionality without additional mods, or would you need a submarine first? I have tried firing them at what ships the game has, but can't get a lock.

Knighthawk's sonic buoys? No idea what are these, MMA ones are script based and you can use anything as 3D model (preferabily something able to float). You should be able to use the bouys launched from MH60 to lock on BIS standard ships.

The Knighthawk is the nickname for the MH-60S, so chosen because it's replacing the CH-46 Sea Knight in Marines service.

Knighthawk's sonic buoys? No idea what are these, MMA ones are script based and you can use anything as 3D model (preferabily something able to float). You should be able to use the bouys launched from MH60 to lock on BIS standard ships.

Oh, I see. You really leave no stone unturned.

Anyways, with the new version I get a pre-launch alert.

Addon 'Mando_Portables' requires addon 'CAWeapon_E_Javelin'

According to the changelog, this is an OA related fix. I don't own OA. Can I delete the Mando_Portables .pbo to get rid of this error message without losing any features?

Addon 'Mando_Portables' requires addon 'CAWeapon_E_Javelin'

According to the changelog, this is an OA related fix. I don't own OA. Can I delete the Mando_Portables .pbo to get rid of this error message without losing any features?

Correct. The file Mando_Portables is to prevent the new targeting systems introduced in OA from interfering with Mando's scripts.

You might want to add a note about that in your readme, Mando.

And Mando, I noticed you don't seem to have anything for the M47 Dragon. Will that be included in the next update?

You noticed correctly ;)

Before setting it up I will try to review some firing videos to better understanding the flight profile of the Dragoon.

You noticed correctly ;)

Before setting it up I will try to review some firing videos to better understanding the flight profile of the Dragoon.

These two show it pretty clearly I'd say. I like the second one, that's a badass feature IMO.

Ok4ZnMVxDl8

uciZe3gi1pE

Was that the crew hatch blowing out at the end of the second video? That tank got creamed.

What's curious about the Dragon is that instead of using fins for maneuvering, it uses a series of small "explosions" to correct its flight.

While testing out your MMA_script_suite.utes I found that the javelin does not work.

I Get the error "mando_missileattacker.sqf NULL unit provided"

any ideas?

Edit: another test mission issue is that I am getting a "Reasource Title mandosystems not found" prompt when mando systems tries to boot up. Again, any ideas? :P

Edited by Xerxes-17

Check the included instructions about description.ext, probably you are missing includes there (remember you need to reload the mission after modifying the description.ext).

The attacker error means that you are attempting to create an MMA AI launcher without providing the unit or providing a non-existan one. Verify your init.sqs, might be you copy/pasted some code related to "t1" launcher used in some example missions, and a unit named t1 is missing in your mission.

Suggestion for the SCUD script:

Actually have a missile flying through the air with a large smoke trail. Otherwise it's really cool because it rapes a lot of face.

I think the smoke trails are a bit too much not on the scud but on everything, especially for the entire flight of a missile/rocket. The booster is what gives off the smoke, then the normal scram/turbojet kicks in and there is no smoke, only heat from the missile's engine.

I think the smoke trails are a bit too much not on the scud but on everything

On everything? Most missiles don't use scram or turbojets, they use a solid-state rocket motor ('cause it's cheap). The exceptions would be long-range missiles like the Kh-59M, BVRAAM, Kh-31, Kh-41, BGM-109, cruise missiles and many of Russia's long-range anti-ship missiles.

And you can still get smoke in the form of contrails from engines.

right, my bad, yes there are liquid and solid, and the solid is the most common because of reliability.

Anyways, now that I have looked at it, it was the GLT AGM-65 that was giving off tons of smoke.

Hey Mando, how do I use things like the TOR/Patriot system with the Script Suite?

I've noticed a bug with the SCUD system. If you jump in to a plane where Mando initializes, it breaks the SCUD guidance.

You can quickly tell because when you bring up the SCUD MMA and select a target on the map there is no line connecting the target location to your position.

GossamerS, the same as with the addon, yoy setup these systems for players or AI in your init.sqf.

Xeno, I dont understand, so you fire a SCUD and then you jump in a plane and you still have access to the SCUD targeting console?

Mando,

Great work, Thank you. How do you remove "film grain" on weapon MFD's, I would like them "clear".

Thanks,

Scott

Xeno, I dont understand, so you fire a SCUD and then you jump in a plane and you still have access to the SCUD targeting console?

Go into a plane (or something that has to initialize mando systems), wait for it to be fully init, then hop out and go to the scud targetting system.

Then click somewhere on the map and you'll notice that there is no white line between you and the target, so the fire the scud and you'll notice nothing happens.

Also after using the Mando TV systems, Shift+Click (Making waypoints) on the map no longer works.

Trying to get other aircraft instead of default ones....trying all day....

Sleep 1;

mando_airsupport_type = "AV8B2";

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "MQ9PredatorB";

mando_airsupport_type_re = "C130J";

mando_airsupport_type_ab = "MV22";

mando_airsupport_type_ev = " CH_47F_EP1";

mando_airsupport_cmissile = ship1;

mando_reco_cam_pos = [0,3,-2];

// player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000;

mando_ingress_dir = 90;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 1000;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];

mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300;

mando_airsupport_jump = false; // reinforcements and airborne assault will land and disembark instead of jump from chopper.

mando_support_no_cas = false;

mando_support_no_br = false;

mando_support_no_ff = false;

mando_support_no_sa = false;

mando_support_no_gs = false;

mando_support_no_ab = false;

mando_support_no_cm = false;

mando_support_no_sat = false;

mando_support_no_rc = false;

mando_support_no_ev = false;

mando_support_no_la = false;

mando_support_no_am = false;

mando_support_no_ve = false;

mando_support_no_re = false;

mando_support_no_cp = false;

mando_support_no_cb = false;

What am I doing wrong, aircraft don't change when start mission

Thanks in advance

Scott

Ok maybe it is just me. I thought at first the javelin was not working, but it is working, it just takes forever to get a lock.

I keep hitting tab and have to move my mouse until I get the sweet spot where the red brackets show up. It takes so long to get a lock I either get shot or the target moves out of sight. The javelin is just about useless because of this. I play ARMA2 and OA together. I used this mod with just ARMA2 and never had this problem with the javelin. I can understand a lock is not instant but now it may take a good 60 secs before I can get a lock.

Also, is there a way to shut off the vanilla lock on sounds. I tried what was posted a few pages back ,MMA_nobeep, but I still get the vanilla sounds.

Edited by Nomadd

I guess unless someone with RW experience chimes in the Javelin works more realistically with Mando than without. In vanilla you achieve a lockon virtually instantaneously.

Metis works great with wire (well, laser riding) guidance: point-and-shoot lol.