Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

I love this mod man :) But tell me, how do i adjust the range of the canon on the apache helicopter? the zeroing i mean.

medic113

No idea, MMA doesnt mess with aircraft guns (except these with mando guns like the AC-130).

Rgr, could be the ace2 then :P been adding so mutch cool stuff i got turned around atm :P

Ok, as im still a completley noob with scripting etc i have to ask. On a object, say destroyer, where do i write what string to eneble the cruisemissile. I see from the manual what is controlling it, but i dont know how to write a script key from "scratch" with al the this=" here and there im still confused :P

But as i said, i found these

mando_airsupport_cmissile: Cruise missile launcher (requires mando missile initialized), default value is

objNull;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: Model coordinates of the cruise missile launch position.

mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt :cruise altitude for cruise missiles flying in inertial mode, default is

800m.

so where do i do what so to speak? :)

great mod btw, as a AH64 whore i like the changes :)

If you mean to use cruise missiles from the air support console, these lines should go in your mission init.sqf file. For example:

mando_airsupport_cmissile = my_destroyer;
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0, 50, 20];
mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 500;

But this is to be used with the air support console, so read the manual for more info about its usage.

If what you want is to have a ship firing cruise missiles by itsown, then you need to assignate one or several MMA automatic missile launcher to it. For example:

if (isServer) then
{
     _enemy_sides = [east];
     [my_destroyer, 0, ["LandVehicle", "Ship"], 12, 500, 8000, 6, [0, 50, 20], 360, 0, _enemy_sides, false, false, true, true, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_harpoon.sqs";
};

Got permission from Gigan, so now you will have also nuclear warhead armed SCUDs:

R3LOyfc0uNE

If the SCUD is intercepted, the nuclear warhead will not detonate in mid-air.

The will be a vehicle variable named "mando_scud_type" that you can use to set the SCUD type per vehicle at mission level. And probably there will be more than just conventional and GIGA-nuclear SCUDs.

Oh God! He's gone Nuclear ! ! !

Theres no stopping him, with MM he will control the world !

.....can no one save us!?

... uh, hem. Sorry, small attack of the panics. ;)

Gnat;1725491']Oh God! He's gone Nuclear ! ! !

Theres no stopping him' date=' with MM he [u']will[/u] control the world !

.....can no one save us!?

I hope not. :smiley-evil:

Just wait until Mando outfits an ASROC with nuclear depth bombs, poor Gnat's subs won't stand a chance.

Seriously - in the right scenario these weapons could add a lot to mission. You just have to set things up right to avoid a blow-up-the-world mindset.

Just tested the ATGMs in the test mission a few posts back... love them, they work great now.

What's all the stuff with the radar dish now? I'd love to see some sort of aircraft radar system :)

What radar dish??

He might mean the big SETI dish, which would make no sense, as it's used to listen to outer space, not find aircraft.

New test mission from where to test:

- ATGMs, including Bradleys.

- New script to automatically assign radar emitters by types of vehicles (check init.sqf)

- SCUD targeting console fix after using any other MMA equipped vehicle.

- New firing parameters for JSOW and JDAM.

- New firing parameters for HARM, it will dive into the target from 300m above if fired far enough.

Myke's F16 addon and missile box required, in the Northeast there are an SCUD and an F16 and in the South there are the ATGMs.

I think he means the second one.

That tower is added to that mission to test the new script to add radar sources by type. MMA SAM AI systems or MCCs automatically are marked as radar emitting sources, but with this script you can mark as radar emitting anything. Later you can run SEAD missions, for example with the F16 armed with AGM88. Switching to HARM HUD mode you will be able to lock on and fire against the radar sources. There are also special rearming configurations for AV8B and Su34 to execute antiradar missions. You can use Eble's F4 aswell.

btw mando, the jdam and jsow on that test mission are excellent! they seem to be operating as they should, great job.

mando - will the nuke be multiplayer (i.e. all players see the blast and resulting damage)?

Edited by KaBoNG

Of course.

Maybe i canf found the bug when i want launch the misiles from tonguska the mandomisiles is not active and AI also dont know how to hit the air plane, please help me):(:confused:

Do you mean a Tunguska armed with MMA system? Or a default BIS one firing its own missiles? If the second, MMA doesnt interfere/modify with the default logics used by A2 to detect, lock on and fire against targets. What exactly do you mean with "mandomisiles is not active"?

Of course.

Outstanding! Been waiting for this for a long time. ;)

One suggestion: Is it possible to make the effects scalable, to accommodate those with older computers? Maybe implemented through userconfig or server-side settings?

Edited by KaBoNG

Well, at least for me, the impact on FPS with current detonation FX is null or quite close to null, these FX are not executed on dedicated servers, just in case they might affect them.

The only potential cause of FPS drops in slower computers might be the damage applied to everything surrounding the detonation. The damage must be applied, but it may be slowed down a bit.

Another idea floated in the mod discussion forum is constraining the explosive yield. Less damage means less destruction to model. It also helps to prevent inappropriate use of the device. You could provide warheads of various sizes on top of the scud missile to achieve.

so...any beta release soon in the form of a pbo?