Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Dragon, I think he is talking about this version (which is not yet public).

ouqRu5aXh18

With a bit of luck it might be ready for next weekend.

Hey my Stinger, Javelin etc. keep on locking on with the default OA method, despite the fact I have the mando_portables.pbo in use.

I can also log on with the Mando method (TAB), but still the OA system will kick in first.

What did I miss?

Need to check with Defunkt, but as far as I remember the BIS autolock with mando_portables.pbo was disabled for veteran and/or expert modes.

I'm using the air support console in I want to change the CAS east planes to the lobo su22

In the CAP to the mig29. in the Mi24D for my GS. When I try to modify the init.sqf nothing happens the default planes still show up in my mission. I already tried using the online manual but to know avail. can any one help me with this?

Kremator, I think changing the canLock = 1; by canLock = 0; in the config of mando_portables.pbo would disable all the selflocking for any difficulty mode.

esco7800, might be you placed that code where it is not executed, or where it is overwriten by other. Try playing with included test missions mma_console2_addon.utes and mma_console_addon.Chernarus, in both cases you have a my_console_setup.sqf where you can place all your initial settings.

Edited by Mandoble

thanks mandoble do you have to have the class names or is it su22,mig29,Mi24D?

Need to check with Defunkt, but as far as I remember the BIS autolock with mando_portables.pbo was disabled for veteran and/or expert modes.

Thank you, had to change to Veteran.

Another question, how do I switch between Air-to-Air Missiles? When flying planes that use more then one type of Air-to-Air Missiles like the F-14 with its Sidewinders and Phoenix, I only can fire the Sidewinders.

Or does the mod currently only support planes with one set of Air-to-Air-Missiles?

Kremator, I think changing the canLock = 1; by canLock = 0; in the config of mando_portables.pbo would disable all the selflocking for any difficulty mode.

For the canLock setting, there are three options, which are usually #defined at the beginning of the file.

0 = LockNo. No lock ability at all.

1 = LockCadet. Lock ability on Novice and, I believe, Regular difficulty level. None for Veteran and Expert levels.

2 = LockYes. Weapon can always lock.

esco7800, to find out the class name of anything, place it on the map and into its init field from the editor put: hint typeOf this

Dr. Horrible, you have all the info in the online help as well as in the included pdf. Default keys are:

LockTargets A2 key (by default TAB): Lock on

Left Control: Change HUD mode (which also switches between different missile types)

Left Shift: Drop countermeasures.

Left Windows: Fire missile

R: Activate ECM (if your plane has it)

G: Special key (function depends on vehicle)

Manually guided missiles dont allow you to lock on targets, guide them with your sight's center (better switch to free-look mode first).

In some vehicles some weapons are not available from HUD, but from MCC or TV systems (active them with the corresponding menu actions).

In the pdf you will find instructions to reconfigure all the keys in case you dont want to use the default ones.

Noob question Mandoble ho i can change the nuclear warhead on the scud?

I read the pdf but i dont understand how can i change it.

Edited by Shumann

Look for the setVariable commands for the SCUD here (also present in the pdf).

You can also put this directly into the init field of the vehicle from the editor:

this setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 0]

or

this setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 1]

or

this setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2]

After a number of search variations and reading through a couple of pages on this thread, I finally resorted to asking.

Is there a simple way to reduce the file-size of the script_suite? For example, I only want to use the launcher, console and scud systems. But I want to remove the scripts and resources that I am not going to use.

ps. if it's not as simple as it sounds, I can live with that :D Played around with the Scuds in Zagrabad a bit, quite a sight to see 10 scuds firing (conventional warheads) at separate targets simultaneously.

Cheers

MJ.

Edited by MadJackChurchill

Hey Mandoble!

I have a HUGE request considering your mod. I play mostly SP missions and campaigns and love flying helicopters. Your mod and ACE developers have done a great job at making the game better. Thank you for that!

My problem is this:

When I play missions as a Apache pilot and my gunner is Ai, I can't tell him to switch between different Hellfire firing modes. I believe ACE developers didn't want to allow this because it would be too easy to destroy armor when playing online - so choosing between LOAL (Hi/Lo) modes are available only to player gunners.

This is especially annoying in missions where you get to use the ULB. I position the Apache to a safe spot behind some hill and then scout the area with ULB (for example Open Season mission in OA campaign). I mark the target with laser and give command to fire the Hellfire. Alas, 9/10 times the missile hits the side of the hill (or I have to position Apache ridiculously high and get shot down by AAA). If I could tell my gunner or when using ULB to fire the missile as LOAL Hi for example, there would be no problem.

I haven't got any response to this in ACE thread. I believe you are my only hope Mandoble. Please, add this feature to your addon. Besides, I find it hard to believe that I am the only one with this problem.

Yours truly,

cabby

Been using the apaches.... And for some reason i cant hit any tanks... The missiles look like they are deflecting off the turret everytime and then they bounce and hit the floor behind the tank.... Occasionaly they just go nowhere near the tank and decide to explode

Been using the apaches.... And for some reason i cant hit any tanks... The missiles look like they are deflecting off the turret everytime and then they bounce and hit the floor behind the tank.... Occasionaly they just go nowhere near the tank and decide to explode

I found this as well. Using the TV you can hit it on a dime every time, but using the HUD lock-on it often misses. I don't think I've hit a single thing with the Mavericks on the A-10. The lock is acquired - you can hear the beep sound of the lock - but the missile ends up in the side of a hillside somewhere.

I do notice though that the missile will track the green diamond, but it looks like the diamond should be on the target, accept it strays off.

AA seems to work fine though, just air to ground.

I just started to use this mod today. For some reason I can't seem to be able to stay on anti tank or anti air missiles, my weapon selection always reverst back to cannon or ffars.

With this mod i downloaded the SU-33, Gnats frigates, B-52.

I already had the GLT Falcoln and Mykes des Su-34. I use alot of other mods as well.

Does anyone know why my problem is happening?

Does anyone know why my problem is happening?

Your problem is happening because you dont read :p