Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

ADuke, you should not modify mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, you only need to define the following code variable in your init.sqf (as per the online help):

// init.sqf

// Whatever here

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable (for AV8B by default)
mando_airsupport_carpetcode =
{
  private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
  _plane = _this select 0;
  _targetpos = _this select 1;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {
     _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon", _plane, driver _plane,  _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
}; 

Just modify it with the code required for the B52.

ADuke, you should not modify mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, you only need to define the following code variable in your init.sqf (as per the online help):

// init.sqf

// Whatever here

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable (for AV8B by default)
mando_airsupport_carpetcode =
{
  private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
  _plane = _this select 0;
  _targetpos = _this select 1;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {
     _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon", _plane, driver _plane,  _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
}; 

Just modify it with the code required for the B52.

OK, so can you give me an example on how to change the crew that is loaded into the aircraft, if I am editing "my_console_setup.sqf"?

Usually I just edit "mando_airsupportdlg.sqf" and repack the addon.

I then just distribute it to the guys that I am playing with, we always play on our own server.

This saves us from having to edit every mission that we play, there are thousands of them.

I generally play the CCT role in our squad.

Edited by ADuke

So the bradley fails for you just replacing the hunvee by a Bradley in that test mission?

And which Bradley type are you using?

I tried the M2A3 (era?)

domokun, that pbo is intended to be used with OA+A2, not with A2 alone. If you run only A2 you dont need that addon.

Are you referring to the mando_portables.pbo ?

If so, maybe a sentence or 2 could be added to your already-great readme.

Well, this is what you already have in the online readme:

mando_portables.pbo <- NEW is optional and runs client-side, it prevents OA manpads and Javelin to selflock on targets, avoiding interferences with MMA locking on method, it also adds a new overlay for Javelin.

I can add something to make it even more clear that this is only OA related.

Tow test mission works perfectly Mandoble. If you get lock-on, of course, it screws the TOW up completely (as TOWs don't lock - but that can be disabled as you know)

?? and how can you get a lock with the TOW??? :eek:

It was probably an addon conflict. Right clicking the target game me a lock :(

Will investigate.

?? and how can you get a lock with the TOW??? :eek:

Ohhh that's another issue I'd like to report. If you change your TAB Targetting button to something else (usually on a flight stick) then you can lock again with stuff like the Mk82 bomb.

GossamerS, direct joystick mapping are not supported and will not be supported by MMA. MMA doesnt look for TAB key, but for LockTargets key as long as it is a key (which by default in A2 is TAB).

New test mission from where to test:

- ATGMs, including Bradleys.

- New script to automatically assign radar emitters by types of vehicles (check init.sqf)

- SCUD targeting console fix after using any other MMA equipped vehicle.

- New firing parameters for JSOW and JDAM.

- New firing parameters for HARM, it will dive into the target from 300m above if fired far enough.

Myke's F16 addon and missile box required, in the Northeast there are an SCUD and an F16 and in the South there are the ATGMs.

mandoble thanks for the update but how can i turn the gbu cams or a2g missile cam to stock default flir, as i am not to found with the washed out grey effect. thanks for all your hard work.

yeah, IRL the A-10's/F-16s guncam is grey not green/orange. Would be nice to just have it normalish.

Might you be a bit more specific? class name -> expected FLIR colour?

New test mission from where to test:

- ATGMs, including Bradleys.

- New script to automatically assign radar emitters by types of vehicles (check init.sqf)

- SCUD targeting console fix after using any other MMA equipped vehicle.

- New firing parameters for JSOW and JDAM.

- New firing parameters for HARM, it will dive into the target from 300m above if fired far enough.

Myke's F16 addon and missile box required, in the Northeast there are an SCUD and an F16 and in the South there are the ATGMs.

Will test as quick as possible, just need to get the F16 addon + missile box.

Mando, I can't think of any aircraft in the US inventory that uses anything but black and white FLIR. Only ground vehicles will use the green tint, since they can be expected to dismount and still need to retain their night vision.

yer i agree, the aircraft cams should be basic stock flir (bhot, Whot), as this provides a tiny bit more realism. I agree with 7th cav i have yet to see an aircraft with this rainbow of colours :). but keep up the good work man.. love your packages.

ALL colours are changeable .... just go read the manual or dig into the scripts!

GossamerS, direct joystick mapping are not supported and will not be supported by MMA. MMA doesnt look for TAB key, but for LockTargets key as long as it is a key (which by default in A2 is TAB).

Just curious - what is reason behind the choice to not support direct mapping?

Lack of time. ATM any joy is able map keystrokes to buttons, so the effort for the user is less than 10 minutes, while the effort for me would be of several days (which are way better used to add more features or to fix issues). But if someone wants to implement it, I will happily add it to the official pack.

Edit: I would add this might simply not be technically doable.

Edited by Mandoble

Mandoble, will you be taking the Scud Launcher any further than you have already? I mean adding Nuke or more of a detailed console for it? AI able to launch it to a target etc.?

The warhead you want is up to you. MMA is the delivery module :)

Find someone with a huge BOOM and put it onto the warhead.

Well, as you know I ported Giga SCUD nuke detonation to A2 many months ago, and it works pretty well. I will ask for permission to include the warhead in the pack so you may choose between the current conventional warhead, nuclear one and if time allows, a chemical one too. Aside of that, I was not planning to add anything else. Or do you have any specific idea for a more detailed console? And yes, I may add also a script to allow you to force AI to fire against a provided position too.

Thanks for the update, the basic open map click on destination (for manual launch) and fire is fine. I like the R17 Rocket Model but not sure if permissions on that are even possible but kind of nice to see that BIG Rocket coming down if you're in the area :).

Anyway whatever you come up is fine, the explosion quality you did for me before was the main event, really nice so that's the big deal, that and the sound.

Edited by vengeance1

Well, MMA will not include R17 rocket model (while you can use it), but I can confirm you that Gigan nuclear warhead will be available.