Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

mma_scud_nuke.jpg

R3LOyfc0uNE

Changes in v2.4b9

• Improved TV systems performance, now they are better suited for areas with many targets and heavy loaded missions.
  • Improved greatly guidance for ATGMs.
  • Fixed TV system affecting the shift-click on map to add personal waypoints.
  • New global mando_last_onmapsclick. Store there any action you want to be restored after MMA usage of map.
  • Improved HUD system timed lock on, less chances to lose the lock when many targets are in front of you.
  • Improved mando gun interception logics, now it will work better against fast targets moving side to side of the gun.
  • Added a new internal variable "mando_gun_extrah" for mando guns placed over roof surfaces, set it to the height of the surface.
  • Changed Kuznetsov setup, if Jackass888 Russian CIWS is present, it will be used instead of default mando turrets.
  • Fixed the setups of several C-130 classes, now the systems will come up correctly if you are in these planes.
  • Added MMA systems for LoBo Irak Mod Mig23, Mig27, Su22 and choppers.
  • Added MMA systems for more Iranian Mod units.
  • Added Gigan nuclear warhead for the SCUD launcher (also available as warhead for anyother system you want to setup).
  • Added E. Echo/Mando nuclear warhead for the SCUD launcher (also available as warhead for anyother system you want to setup).
  • Added a new internal variable "mando_scud_type" to set the type of SCUD missile per vehicle: 0 - conventional, 1 - Nuclear Giga, 2 - Nuclear E. Echo/Mando.
  • Fixed a bug with SCUD targeting dialog that were affected if you use any other MMA system before of it.
  • Added "mando_missiles\units\mando_ai_scud.sqf" script to make AI fire SCUD missiles
  • New test mission mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan to test nuclear warheads
  • Added "mando_missiles\units\mando_im_active_radar.sqf" to mark non specific MMA systems as radar emitters.
  • New test mission mma_test_sead_addon.Chernarus to test mando_im_active_radar.sqf
  • Readjusted flight profile of anti-radar missiles for AV8B
  • Re-adjusted flight parameters for Myke's JSOW and JDAM, they are more maneouverable and have longer range.
  • Added systems for BAF units (Included with OA patch 1.54)

Edited by Mandoble

Woohoo

Thanks Mandoble, downloading it now

Been looking forward to this, thanks!

Vengeance, you can fire from scud launchers as driver, there is also a script to make AI scud launchers to fire and a vehicle variable to set the type of scud missile per launcher. You can use these warheads also for any other type of nuclear missile you want to simulate at mission level.

Once again you did it all can't wait to get this in the my mission! Thanks Mandoble. ;)

OMFG!!!!!!!

Testing the OA Takistan version - it's incredible. Awesome work Mando and Echo, just awesome! :yay::bounce3::yay::bounce3::yay:

This addon is fantastic, but I have one question. I exclusively use an xbox controller for flying. I noticed in the readme that you can't assign the custom controls to joy-pad buttons. Is this something that can be implemented? It would be very handy to have the buttons all on the controller as opposed to having to look for buttons on a keyboard, which interferes with controlling the aircraft.

Some programs that allows you to map any joy button to keys.

JoyToKey

ControlIMK

If you search a bit, probably you will be able to find many more, but JoyToKey already seems quite easy to configure and user friendly. And I think ControlIMK is also quite oriented to console controllers (XBoX).

the nuke is awesome!

doesn't knock down powerlines though. it's still incredible AND it runs well too!

Fox '09:

Be sure to specify which nuke type - Giga or MM/EE. I know mine does take out the braced poles - have not tried a powerline tower.

might just be the map, I was running ebank's baghdad and they did not get knocked down. So that's probably whats wrong (maybe using opx objects?)

Can you make the Evil Nuke not destroy Warfare Depots and Camps or can you please show me how I would prevent that.

you have to use mando_bubble :D

i would like to know this, too.

Also can the Dragon and NLAW get some proper systems :)

I'd like to be able to use them mando style!

this all looks fantastic, amazing actually :eek:

I can't figure out how the Refleks works, (I checked the manual) - is there a guide for this weapon?

I basically can't get it to lock on enemy tank at 400m, have tried cycling the attack modes with left CTRL.

Refleks works basically as anyother laser guided missile. In normal mode you will be able to lock on the target if the target has its engine on, if that's not the case, you need to switch to ground mode and lock on the ground base of the target. As far as I remember, I also added an Air mode for that weapon (of course you need to use the TAB to try to get any lock).

Thanks for the reply :)

One other issue - I am running mando + mma_xeh on my server, all fine. However, when a client joins without mando there is just a message 'The server has already initialised Mando, you are missing it' (or similar). This is a problem, as you can have players with mando and without mando playing on same server.

It might be better to put a BIG annoying message blocking the screen telling the player to go away and install mando (like ACE does with version mismatch). The message could also include the URLs of where to download it.

Edited by Mandrake5

No Mandrake, you cannot. If the server has mando, the mission will require mando. You cannot allow some users to use mando and some others dont, MMA doesnt work this way. That would generate situations where player A with mando fires mando missiles to player B without mando, that has no warning, and no way to avoid the missile incoming. Or cases where player A without mando can lock on you just a single TAB hit, while player B with Mando needs to follow the timed lock on and lock on rules of Mando.

Consider that MMA is not an environmental mod where you can choose the voices and sounds without affecting other players.

If your mission is intended to be used with MMA, then the server will initialize it and the players need to have it. If you dont want to use addons, then you can put the script suite within your mission so that everybody joining will have MMA for sure at mission level.

Uh OK, I guess I'm confused then. I thought the purpose of @mma_xeh was to bring Mando to any mission originally made without mando.

I just did a test, I wanted to use MAndo on a mission which was not made with it using @mma_xeh. So I joined a server which runs @mma;@mma_xeh. I chose a mission made without mando.

The first time I joined the server, I was also running @mma;@mma_xeh as client. It worked great, in the mission, all the aircraft successfully initialised MAndo HUD :) I left the mission running on the server (persistant universe) and disconnected.

Then I disabled @mma;@mma_xeh on my client and reconnected to the server. I still joined the server successfully. However, of course Mando HUD did not initialise when I boarded an aircraft and I got the warning message that Mando is missing. However I was still able to play as normal.

Surely that means players with and without Mando can now play together - obviously this is very unfair and should not be the case. Or maybe I'm just going crazy...

Edited by Mandrake5

Yes, the purpose of MMA XE is to easily have MMA default setups for any mission that had no mando. But again, if the server initializes MMA that means that the mission will run with MMA. And you are right, having players with and without mma in the same mission might lead to very unfair situations. For example, you are dead and dont know why (a nuclear detonation that you cannot see because you dont have mando did happen just over your head).

Dont worry, you are not going crazy, I think you are understanding the concept correctly. When the player that joined without MMA sees the warning message, he is pretty free to get out, install mma and join again, if he decides to keep playing the side effects might be weird at best (aside of the warning messages).

Can you make the Evil Nuke not destroy Warfare Depots and Camps or can you please show me how I would prevent that.

Kicked one off a tad close to your home base, did we? :smiley-evil:

Seriously, could you explain the reasons for asking for this. I tried to ensure the damage effects, including radii for that weapon are close to the real thing.

Kicked one off a tad close to your home base, did we? :smiley-evil:

Seriously, could you explain the reasons for asking for this. I tried to ensure the damage effects, including radii for that weapon are close to the real thing.

Lol killing bases is ok, I actually got a picture from last night:

arma2oa2010083002415969.th.png

It's just that if a Depot or Camp gets physically removed in warfare, the town is No longer capturable and it technically "breaks" the gameplay by doing that. It doesn't have to be included by default, I'd just like some help to prevent it for my warfare variant.

I appreciate the hard work you guys are doing for mando though, makes warfare much more fun!

An array of protected class names might be implemeted for next release, so you can add there the classes that would not be affected by the nuke destruction.

ATM for your warfare script suite version you can edit mando_missiles\warheads\echo\nuke_damage.sqf

Look for

if (local _x) then
{

and change by

if ((local _x) && !((typeOf _x) in ["class1", "class2", "classn"])) then
{

Being these classes the protected ones.