Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

MadJackChurchill, it will be easier once MMA becomes more modular, something where Defunkt was working on. ATM your main targets to save space are mando_missiles\huds\custom folder (if you dont use custom hud systems you can remove it) and mando_missiles\mando_bombs (if you dont use mando bombs or support console you can remove it).

cabby77 what you describe there doesnt seem an MMA environment, can you confirm that you are using MMA, transmitting targets with MMA lasers and engaging remotedly transmitted targets with MMA remote modes for HUDs, TVs or AI systems?

scottymate and wolfbite I'm trying to recreate that lack of lethality of the Hellfires with no success at all (so far).

Your problem is happening because you dont read :p

:D

Aye, but I did read that part, and almost the whole readme.

I don't understand which keys I need to remap to fix the problem.

Give me alittle of a break guys, I did just start using this massive mod. :o

With BIS default change weapon key you will cycle through non-guided weapons, with MMA key you will cycle through MMA HUD systems. For example, you may select BIS gun (F) and at the same time MMA AIM-9 (L.CTRL by default), and you can fire idependently the gun (L.mouse) and the missiles or guided weapons (L WIN by default). This is valid except for portable weapons and some weapons mounted on ground vehicles (TOW, AT5) where you can fire using default bis key (L.mouse). In any case, use TAB or re-defined BIS LockTarget key to lock on targets.

Some other MMA systems (TV camera based or MCC) are activated via menu actions.

As above, a typical case might be:

You hit L.CTRL to select HUD - AIM9 (or anyother MMA AA missile available) while you keep the BIS gun available too for AA engagements. Or you sleect BIS rockets (pressing F) and MMA Mavericks (or anyother MMA AG missiles or bombs) for AG engaments. Note that clycling using L.CTRL will also allow you to select Navigation mode, where the HUD will display nearby map locations, you can also select bombs this way and the HUD will display a CCIP marker.

There are some custom HUD modes where the MMA special key (G. by default) might be used. As some examples:

F16 JSOW: Select HUD ground mode and press G to mark a GPS target position.

AH64: Press G to pass your current target to the gunner or to the pilot.

Edited by Mandoble

cabby77 what you describe there doesnt seem an MMA environment, can you confirm that you are using MMA, transmitting targets with MMA lasers and engaging remotedly transmitted targets with MMA remote modes for HUDs, TVs or AI systems?

Mandoble, all those work great as far as I know (don't know about remote mode, because I can't jump to gunner position in Single player mode, right?).

I was just requesting for a new feature and thought you might be able to code it in. I am sure that all the hellfire firing modes added in ACE work great if you have another player as your gunner. If I have an Ai gunner, I can't tell him to use (Hi/Lo) mode and that way practice proper pop-up techiniques.

Example Case A:

Apache has a radar which picks up an AAA (stationary Shilka). I would lock the target and while flying low I manage get in to good firing position (behind the mountain). At the moment, I can't tell my Ai gunner (or jump to his place) to fire the missile in LOBL (Hi mode for example) and keep the Apache in safe position. Instead, I have to gain altitude, expose the Apache and give command to fire. Which usually ens up my Apache full of holes.

Example Case B:

The same thing but using the ULB to lase the target. My Apache is in good firing position - safe from enemy fire. I give command to fire but the missiles just get exploded to side of the mountain. If I could select from command menu (while in ULB) -> Command fire (LOAL Hi), hellfire would first gain altitude and then hit my lased target in 45 degree angle.

These features would help a LOT for us who mostly play only Single Player. I came to you because you know your missiles. :D ACE has developed the firing modes. Combining these features shoudn't be an impossible task, I hope.

Edited by cabby77

cabby77 if you were using MMA, from pilot's seat you have access to all HUD modes (including remote) also available from TV camera system. In MMA you need something to transmit the remote target, as script command or another player, then you can hide behind a hill, switch to remote mode, lock on that target and fire. If the target is already far enough, the MMA Hellfire will go always in Hi/Lo fired in LOBL passing above the obstable between you and the target and diving on the target for the final kill.

cabby77 if you were using MMA, from pilot's seat you have access to all HUD modes (including remote) also available from TV camera system. In MMA you need something to transmit the remote target, as script command or another player, then you can hide behind a hill, switch to remote mode, lock on that target and fire. If the target is already far enough, the MMA Hellfire will go always in Hi/Lo fired in LOBL passing above the obstable between you and the target and diving on the target for the final kill.

OK m8, I'm not at home atm so I can't test this out, but I don't remember seeing MMA stuff in ULB command screen? Could be wrong though. So, if it is there, I can lase the target first with ULB -> Activate MMA module in command menu -> Switch back to Apache -> Set Remote mode and lock to target -> Fire away?

Edited by cabby77

MMA doesnt use any "ULB command screen", I guess you are simply not using MMA. MMA is active by default in MMA missions, you dont need to activate any MMA module as there no MMA modules.

Ok, thanks Mandoble. It makes much more sense now. I just didn't understand it the first time. Sorry for the troubles!

Great mod you got here.

MMA doesnt use any "ULB command screen", I guess you are simply not using MMA. MMA is active by default in MMA missions, you dont need to activate any MMA module as there no MMA modules.

I am using MMA but only for one week, so bare with me please. I'm not trying to bust your balls here. :D I meant with the "module" that you have to activate something from command menu like I saw in one Arma 2 vanilla SP Scenarios (you storm the village with 4 men and you can lase the BRDM with laser designator and then there was "MMA..something" in command menu, after that call the airstrike). So I thought you have to do the same with ULB if you want to use Remote feature.

Please, one more time.. step by step.. I have a SP mission with Apache and ULB. I lase the target with ULB.. then what (in hopes getting the hellfire in the air as you said it would)?

So what you mean is that you provide the target to an AI Apache hidden behind a hill, right?

Not exatcly. I will control Apache as pilot and my gunner is Ai. When I switch to ULB, I control that too. Every day single playing scenario.

If you play Arma 2 OA campaign, there is a mission called "Open season". I think the whole idea can be fitted to that mission. Lots of mountains, AAA, controlling ULB etc.

Im not used to ULB module, dont even know what it is, but Im pretty sure that is not considered within MMA except if you mean something like the MCC controlling remotedly planes/choppers/UAVs, but in this case you are not in the controlled plane (unless you switch units), or if you are in the attacking chopper, but also in control of the MMA Air support console asking for rec or laser support and then attacking the targets provided by these support units.

Im not used to ULB module, dont even know what it is, but Im pretty sure that is not considered within MMA except if you mean something like the MCC controlling remotedly planes/choppers/UAVs, but in this case you are not in the controlled plane (unless you switch units), or if you are in the attacking chopper, but also in control of the MMA Air support console asking for rec or laser support and then attacking the targets provided by these support units.

ULB (comes with Arma 2 OA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSa0MNr0qPs

In video, when he chooses "Command Fire" from Command menu, it tells Apache to fire Hellfire K-version and you guide it to target with your ULB laser. Works great if your Apache is high enough and terrain is not filled with mountains.

The original problem was that when my Apache isn't hovering at high altitude, I can't get those hellfires to reach its target. My request for a new feature was either:

1. Add more options to ULB Command menu to select for example Command Fire LOAL Hi or Command Fire LOAL Lo

or

2. After you lase the target with ULB you add something to Command menu, which will send the info about the target to my Apache. Where I can go to Remote mode, lock on to lased target and then fire the missile (which would use Hi/Lo feature, depending on the terrain ahead).

1. <- This is a request for a modificiation of ULB, so a request for BIS.

2. <- Might be this is doable within MMA if that ULB is able to provide current laser position.

Now I'm quite busy with other aspects of MMA (Nukes and setups for new planes/choppers and might be ships), meanwhile might be you can investigate if 2) is feasible or not (to get ULB's target or laser position).

1. <- This is a request for a modificiation of ULB, so a request for BIS.

2. <- Might be this is doable within MMA if that ULB is able to provide current laser position.

Now I'm quite busy with other aspects of MMA (Nukes and setups for new planes/choppers and might be ships), meanwhile might be you can investigate if 2) is feasible or not (to get ULB's target or laser position).

OK! Thanks Mandoble, much appreciated!

I found this as well. Using the TV you can hit it on a dime every time, but using the HUD lock-on it often misses. I don't think I've hit a single thing with the Mavericks on the A-10. The lock is acquired - you can hear the beep sound of the lock - but the missile ends up in the side of a hillside somewhere.

I do notice though that the missile will track the green diamond, but it looks like the diamond should be on the target, accept it strays off.

AA seems to work fine though, just air to ground.

No I was using the tv.... So I had a great view of my missile deflecting for some reason....

Quick question on using this mod;

(I have combined ops [disc version])

So, to use the mod I put the folders @mma and @mma_xeh from the download directly into arma 2 directory? Do I need CBA or something? I can't seem to get it to work. (I'm enabaling them in expansions at startup)

I know I can get this to work by dumping the pbo's into my addons folder but I would really like to do it right and use modfolders. What am I missing?

any help is appreciated

*when prompted to restart game after enabling mod in expansions, I get the error message;

Addon 'MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'

where can I find Extended event Handlers?

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

Quick question on using this mod;

(I have combined ops [disc version])

So, to use the mod I put the folders @mma and @mma_xeh from the download directly into arma 2 directory? Do I need CBA or something? I can't seem to get it to work. (I'm enabaling them in expansions at startup)

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/mandoble/mma_readmefirst.html

where can I find Extended event Handlers?

It's part of CBA.

Quick question.. Is there any "easy" way to get rid of BiS HUD when using MMA? Tried to search for it but couldn't find answer.

If you turn HUD off from menu action lag is gone? Do you experience lag with any other MMA HUD?

If you turn HUD off from menu action lag is gone? Do you experience lag with any other MMA HUD?

I would get this in the very first release. I haven't checked it lately, if I remember right it didn't happen after the initial test phase. I'll give it another look.

Hi Mandoble,

Is it possible to align the gun with the pilots sight for the apache in "manual fire" mode? I only play in single mode as pilot.

I know that I can assign a target to the gunner and switch to manual fire. But it don't fire at the marked target. It only fires straight ahead.

Tino