Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Now this might have already been said, but are you going to add support to the ANZAC mod, the F-18F is being released in the next patch

cstd, I'll have a look at it later today.

beny873, I would like to setup the F18 and the F111, but as long as I can get these two planes individually + their weapons if needed. I dont have physical HD space to keep installing 500Mb mods just to configure only a pair of choppers or planes.

wtf, it was working in MP, the next its not working, it worked couple hours ago

now its not working again, what is going on with this?

Hey mate, great mod :)

I've searched the thread and I can't find any way to invert the mouse for the missile targeting windows (MFDs). Is there a way to do that as I have a lot of trouble aiming the 'normal' way.

[ship 1, 3, ["REMOTE"], 15, 500, 12000, 3, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], false, false, true, true, 65] exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_tomahawk_hi.sqs";

I have searched but cou;d not find answer for which of the above numbers is for the number of seconds to delay launch between each missile using laser designator?

Thanks for your help.

3, average missiles fired per minute.

All these parameters are in fact passed to mando_missileattacker.sqf. All the sqs files inside mando_missiles\units\attackers are just "helpers" to execute mando_missileattacker.sqf (which, of course, you can execute directly).

Great job on the Addon. It was the missing piece to the puzzle for me and my buddy who use ACE2. Mando missiles solved all our pilot/gunner problems with communication and locking on targets...etc. Thanks!

I have an issue with rearming the A10. When I select a loadout it will empty out the ACE_1350RND_30MM and use 1350RND_30MM which ends up leaving me with no gun. If I rearm at the rearming point it will just rearm my plane with the default arma2 loadout again. And of course If I want to use the EASA module then I cant use any of the missiles but I keep my main gun. :(

Is there a rearming script that works with MMA & ACE2?

I am using a modified DomiA2 (2.11).

THANKS!

DankTank, do you mean using MMA Rearming Dialog or a Domination rearming system?

I'm adding the following for next beta, but not sure it this will be usefull or not. I would like to have some feedback about the idea.

TV camera movement control also via NUM Keys, MMA Lock key to mark/unmark targets. Theorically this would allow joystick users to program camera movement with a joy hat or 4 or 8 directions and then use normal MMA lockon key to lock on or unlock targets. Mouse will be usable as always.

@Mandoble That sounds good to me.

My experience flying in other sims with targeting pods (such as DCS black shark) is that 8 way movement is an obvious plus, but is not necessary

Hi Mando,

great idea, somtimes it can be a little fiddly to get the tv centered on a ground position at a distance using the mouse, as the deadzone in the middle is quite small and hard to maintain especially for high dpi mouse settings.

Cheers

Crusader

DankTank, do you mean using MMA Rearming Dialog or a Domination rearming system?

Thanks for the fast reply. I am having the issue with the MMA Rearming Dialog system and the A10.

I already know I cant use the domination system with mando... which is fine.

Also is there any chance we can customize the entire loadout? Say select all AGM65's? Thanks for your great work!

*Looking at the loadout the issue is clearly that it loads the standard 1350RND_30MM while it should detect ACE and load the ACE_1350RND_30MM. I noticed there is not this issue on the other planes because there is no ACE_ specific missiles or main guns that have been changed besides the A10. Thanks a lot for your time...

*Another issue is when I change the buttons it will not save. Having to change every single time I play kind of sucks.

Edited by DankTank

FYI, AGM65s are NOT GPS-based targeting systems.

They are electro-optical, infrared, or laser-guided only.

DankTank, rearming problem understood and fix otw ;)

Note that you are not "forced" to use MMA Rearming system, as long as the loaded weapons are supported by MMA for the corresponding vehicle class. You can also create more custom loadouts in script suite based missions, adding (of modifying them) into mando_missiles\units\mando_rearm_vehicle.sqf.

For permanent key binding follow this procedure.

Trekari, AGM65 GPS targeting was allowed for F16s by mistake, this is already fixed and ready for next beta, as well as MCC TV system for them.

Thanks for your help. Even tho It appeares everything works... It is my understanding that to intergrate MMA into my customized domination mission I have place the "Mando Missile ArmA ACE" game logic in my mission? Or do I need the "Mando Missile ArmA init" and others?

You have two options:

1 - Use the gamelogics (you will need MMA addon).

or

2 - Use the script suite inside your mission.

The first has obviously the advantage that you dont need to update your mission each time MMA is updated.

For usage of gamelogics and script suite read the included readme pdf file or the online readme (links in first page).

Hye Mando,

If I want to use a cruisemissile strike from the Air Support Console can I designate the "mando_airsupport_cmissile" and "mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos" code in a game logic, or does it have to an actual vehicle?

You can use a gamelogic as cruise missile launcher too. And take care about firing position, the GLs dont float, they just keep their position as the game starts, but sea level changes with the time of the day, so make sure the water will not touch the missile at firing time.

I just noticed when killing tanks and vehicles with the missiles I dont get credit for the tank kills in the MP score. I only get the total score. Im not sure if this is the way mando missiles has always been and is there a way to fix it?