Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

In reference to my post #1647 about having problems locking on - the problem was wholly at my end. In other words - I was being a dumbass :D

I didn't understand the locking on properly, still thinking the old BIS style. I didn't realize I had to do a bit more work to lock the "green diamond" on the target via the HUD.

Absolutely great addon!

Will it ever be possible to guide missiles after they are launched? Say, to lead ground targets that you can't normally lock on to like infantry? I'm thinking Hellfires - or is this possible now?

Quick question.. Is there any "easy" way to get rid of BiS HUD when using MMA?

Turn your difficulty level up, I think Veteran is sufficient, Expert certainly is.

TBuck, this is not possible with BIS Apache, but I have done that with another AH64 which ATM is not public (the gun moving with pilot's sight). If the author decides to make this addon public in the future is something that I dont know.

scottymate, you can do that already with the Hellfires from the TV, fire before lock and guide the missile with camera's center, or lock after firing. From HUD you can also fire and then lock (but you dont have manual guidance). You can also use Ground mode to lock directly on a ground position from HUD.

Edited by Mandoble

Turn your difficulty level up, I think Veteran is sufficient, Expert certainly is.

Umm.. I guess that will remove the interface stuff around the screen - but what I mean is the original Apache/Cobra/etc HUD info. I just want to us Mando's Helmet HUD.

Umm.. I guess that will...

You could try it and see in less time than it would take to post here asking again.

You could try it and see in less time than it would take to post here asking again.

Posts like that are much less constructive imo.. next time read my response in full.

Besides, why would changing the difficulty level have any effect to airplane/chopper HUD info (? :icon_rolleyes:

Besides, why would changing the difficulty level have any effect to airplane/chopper HUD info (? :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sure you know best.

Moot point. The code for HUD and MFDs in aircraft is found in their config files, so you'd need to create a mod to remove them.

Well yes, if he means the 3D cockpit HUD then only an add-on would do but as the Cobra (i.e. one of the two types he mentioned specifically) has no such thing it seemed to me he must be referring to BI's targeting HUD (which is removed at higher difficulties).

Moot point. The code for HUD and MFDs in aircraft is found in their config files, so you'd need to create a mod to remove them.

Xeno, thanks for the info. Too bad they are hardcoded in. When MMA is active and your view centered the HUD gets a bit cluttered, but it is no biggie.

There you can see a suspicious link between the helmet and the cockpit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8GuLHdo1c&NR=1

I'm not sure if a frontal HUD is also available, but USMC AH1-Zs use the TopOwl Helmet Mounted Display (I think it was deployed on 2003 or so). It is said to be even more advanced than Apache system.

Edited by Mandoble

What a machine! I pity anyone who's been on the receiving end of one of these.

Unrelated question(s); Most of the cobra/apache guncam footage that has been released shows the DTV as black and white, ingame the DTV is in full color. Is the black and white a function of the recording process (in actual gunships), or is that what the gunner see's when he looks through the sights?

Just out of curiosity, when you designed your mod (specifically the GBU/AGM console) what type of controller did you intend it for, mouse or joystick? I see that it works with both, but is it optimized for one over the other?

Mandoble, is your mod Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead compatible at this time? If so, are there any other mods I need to use in conjunction with your own to make yours work, or is yours a stand alone mod that requires no other supporting mods?

Edit: Disregard! I see that it's been updated for Arma 2 + OA! Thanks! :clap: :)

Edited by Garren

SmokeyTheLung, does it works with both, joy and mouse?? The only input I can read is the mouse, so it is designed to be working with your mouse. But, at the same time, it is designed to simulate an onboard analog joystick, so you have an steerable area (rectangle) to allow you to have different displacement speeds, quite slow and accurate if you are quite close to the center, and the opposite if the mouse pointer is near the boundaries of that area.

Mando can I ask whatever happened to Mando Missile Command (MMC) Did it ever make it to Arma2?

Drav, the MMC is still there, but it has not been specifically adapted for A2. So it should be working, but it might be generating some rpt warnings related to serialization of display variables. As the interface coords have changed, camera position to trackdown the commanded units would be missplaced too. Might be I'll put some time on it before next beta.

got in the tor 2x in a row tonight and crashed my client each time best i could come up with was to show the aram2oa.rpt if it's helpful at all:

file: Gossamers_Warfare_v2_07_CO (__CUR_MP)

world: Takistan

Prev. code bytes: EA 00 00 00 8B 45 44 8B 48 68 8B 40 1C 6B C9 24

Fault code bytes: 8B 7C 01 0C 85 FF 0F 84 D7 00 00 00 8B 87 D8 00

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:274E9500

ECX:FFFFFFDC EDX:00000100

ESI:28B2CC00 EDI:213FF780

CS:EIP:0023:0043C705

SS:ESP:002B:0290EDE0 EBP:0290F008

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010206

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2OA.mdmp

To add onto Tumz's report,

It happens to me as well with the same error in my RPT. This might have been introduced in the newer betas as I've never had this problem before.

To reproduce,

Get into a vehicle (gunner seat only) that has a TOR or HAWK initialized on it.

EDIT: Happens on beta patch 73206 and higher. Doesn't crash on 73116 and below.

Edited by GossamerS

Just tried the TorM-1 in mma_test_sams_addon.utes with ArmA/OA v1.54.72888 (no beta). So far no crashes, everything works fine.

Scratch what I said earlier, that beta it crashed a couple of times too.

Try with the betas, it minidumps, but only going in the gunner seat if the vehicle has the TorM-1/Hawk on it.

It happens for you with latest A2 beta patches, but as soon as you getin as gunner? activating the MCC? Firing missiles? Is it happening for you in mma_test_sams_addon.utes?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

E. Echo and me were playing a bit with the atoms :cool:

Nuclear cruise missile attack on Gnat's Kuznetsov (5Kt):

zaWSjxTZFMs

OMG

Poor Kuznetsov

Now seriously, awesome work on the FXs. As always your work is professional quality, Mateo