Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

berbinator, use MMA Rearm for MMA to make sure loaded weapons are supported. And yes, it is G, or whatever key you configure as special MMA key.

Thanks for that, my bad. However, while MMA rearm works admirably :D it doesn't include the various air delivered munitions from ACE2 such as the CBU 97 and 87, GBU 107 etc. which is why I am forced to use EASA.

EDIT - Nvm, I'll read through the manual. I assume once I switch to the full gamelogic, my BIS weapons buttons will work with the mma system?

Edited by Gigahertz

Yes, but for unguided weapons. For example, MMA keys for current AIM-9 MMA HUD mode, while at the same time you have selected BIS gun, fired with BIS keys.

Hi,

a little bug report :)

The SU-34 tends to blow itself up when launching the KH29L missile, especially if the interdiction configuration is selected in the MMA rearm demo mission.

Repro:

load MMA Rearm demo, rearm to interdiction config, take off and launch the KH29L missiles in short succession.

Furthermore the SU-34 seems to shoot its gun when a Kh29L is launched using the tv screen if ACE2 (version 1.6 stable) is active.

This happens in the sys_addons and rearm demo missions.

Sometimes the KH-29L does not even seem to be under MMA control as the TV Screen does not show up using ACE. But this only happens irregularly after mission reload in the editor.

Also many of the newer ACE planes (SU-34M / MR, SU-30C, Su-30 Desert MR and Su 39) do not seem to have MMA configs.

Sorry its a whole bunch, but thats what I noticed in a game lately.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Crusader

Thanks for the feedback Crusader. I have increased the separation between spawned Kh29 and the plane, anyway interdiction conf doesnt include the L, only the T. Su30 and Su39 confs are added (for next release), if I have time I'll include the other Su34s. If the Su34 fires the gun when firing the missile with ACE, this might be because ACE is not using the default BIS config for Su34 where all the weapons can be used by both, pilot and gunner.

Mando, about TV performance.

I have finally wised up to the fact that most of the times MMA function don't work it is because my crappy framerate is messing up the script.

But I wonder if TV performance has more to do with the number of objects on the screen than overall FPS. I run the new Fallujah map with very good performance, but the Apache's Hellfire TV is worse than anything on laggy old Chernarus.

It makes sense to me that the TV would lag more than your screen because it has to register several thousand houses as a valid target for its scripted missile, rather than just draw them. Does this sound like a good hypothesis?

I've experienced a drop in frame rate on the MCC whilst running the latest beta. It's still playable but there is a definite drop. I will double and triple check though as when I've had problems with MMA in the past, it tends to be operator error* rather than problems with the script itself.

* operator error = my fault :)

It makes sense to me that the TV would lag more than your screen because it has to register several thousand houses as a valid target for its scripted missile, rather than just draw them. Does this sound like a good hypothesis?

It sounds like a good hypotesis, but it is not the case, or should not be the case. The TV system detects potential targets using the list returned by a dynamically created trigger, and as far as I know, the triggers dont include hauses. With low FPS the problem is different, it seems that A2 gives priotiry to screen rendering reducing the shared execution time for scripts when the FPS go too low. So you would notice the same FPS with the TV on as with the TV off, but the TV is fully driven by scripts, including its movement. The effect would be that while your FPS keep almost the same, the movement of the camera is affected and "slowered".

Das, are you playing with offical patch? a beta?

Edited by Mandoble

Mando -

Will the AH-64D Longbow gunner be able to point the gun where he looks through the monocle?

The gunner already aims the gun with the monocle, just select the gun as BIS weapon with F, while you can select Hellfires as MMA HUD mode.

I'm playing on beta 74123. I haven't installed the new one as yet, but I'll post back with results.

Sorry to waste your time with that question then Mando. For some reason it seemed to me it wasn't working - I'll check it out again.

Thanks for all the work you've done.

Das, probably that lag with the camera will be gone with next beta ;) Or at least after some adjustments I'm noticing a tremendous boost in responsiveness of camera control.

The gunner already aims the gun with the monocle, just select the gun as BIS weapon with F, while you can select Hellfires as MMA HUD mode.

Would it be possible for the pilot to do the same on manual fire? Aiming with the monocle?

Succes with your work!

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9.2 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

zaWSjxTZFMs

Changes in v2.4b9.2

• Echo/Mando nuclear warhead improved, more realistic damage, water detonation effects, better overal FX, fallout effects added.
  • Added nuclear airburst (type 3)
  • SCUD endurance extended to 2 minutes
  • Added Mike's F16 AGM-65 Camera
  • Added Su30 ACE setups
  • Added ground terrain following lines for AH64 monocle (500, 1000 and 1500m ahead)
  • Added ability for gunners to rearm vehicles (removes rearming issues in MP)
  • Added new family of automatic missile launchers used by external addons (as new Jackass SeaSparrow launcher)
  • Added automatic removal of BI flares
  • Allowed MMA targeting hud for AH64 gunner's optics
  • AH64 solid monocle ring is now more transparent
  • manpads dont generate radar lock warning anymore (but they'll generate missile fired warning)
  • TV system camera moveable with num keys
  • TV sytems also using HUD fire and lock on keys to fire and lock on/off
  • TV control performance increased, better suited for low FPS systems
  • Fixed: MMA Rearm dont modify gun/rockets ammo configurations
  • Fixed: linebacker stinger launcher
  • Fixed: Static launchers (TOW, Metis) working on dedi servers
  • New mando_portables.pbo addon by Defunkt
  • mma_test_kuz_nuke.utes test mission added, Kuznetsov attacked by nuclear cruise missile
  • mma_nuclear_mirv.utes test mission modified to use the new nuclear warhead
  • mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan test mission modified to use the new nuclear warhead

Well my initial response is "No, it doesn't work."

I have Track IR, and the gun absolutely does not follow where I turn my head to look with the monocle. If you have some way of fixing this, I'd love to know about it.

Default key controls however, it does NOT work as you say.

Trekari, all BI AH64s (US and USMC) work this way. I have not Track IR, so I use Free Look mode (L. ALT). And the gun always follows the monocle's center from the gunner's position.

While this is true for the gunner, the gun will not follow the pilot's sight at all with current BI AH64 models, and this is something that you cannot change without modifying current AH64s addon configurations.

ah64_gun.jpg

Tested this with my new rig. It seems my old rig simply couldnt handle it.. hence why the kuznetsov sat around and did nothing. Now its a beast of death.. Great job dude

Can someone with TrackIR suggest a way to get the gunners monocle to control the movement of the gun?

Read included mma_readmefirst.pdf for install and usage instructions, find here the online version.

Hi Mandoble

First, much applause for such a beautiful development. I'm a new player but already have it as a standard add-on if not using a compilation like A2Warmod.

I have one problem however - I always use reversed mouse & find the UAV interface is, for me, counter-intuitive so in the test I always miss the target. I'm intending to start developing some missions & would like to include some UAV spotting with the possibility of firing missiles also. Is there (or will there be) any way of reversing the mouse? I haven't been able to find any reference to this in the thread, the downloaded docs, or the online guide.

Don't know about the other aerial interfaces as I don't like flight sims, but I suspect there will be other players who might like a more general option to reverse the mouse.

Oh, and your versions of the earthbound & handheld missile launchers are exquisite; enormous improvement over the originals.

Kind regards

Carl

The TVs do seem to perform well now, or at least only chug along when your overall framerate is as well. I'm sure I've complained about TV performance as much as anyone, but testing the new version, I have to say that low framerates are (probably) the cause of other problems at least as serious.

When things go right, they work beautifully. But I've had experiences where the camera was moving smoothly, but the green targeting boxes simply didn't follow their target. They lagged behind the actual unit as it moved, causing delays at best and sometimes causing the missile to miss by a wide margin. This problem is perhaps more severe in the cockpit Hud view, as targeting boxes will jump around the screen every couple of frames, not centering in the weapon Hud even if the physical target is dead ahead. In some circumstances, although I haven't seen it with this version, missile lock is abruptly lost for no reason.

I don't know how fixable these problems are, given how scripting events are tied to performance and how they often misfire or lag even in BIS campaigns.