Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hell yeah! Is there a way to be able to implement a GPS system for GBUs as well? Sort of like, enter in the grid by lat and long, then a laser marker is created there, you drop the bomb, the bomb locks onto that laser and then boom?

ATM it works in three ways:

- From HUD JSOW REMOTE mode, lock on a target selected other friendly unit.

- From HUD JSOW GROUND mode, select the target aiming with HUD's center.

- From HUD JSOW GROUND mode, press MMA special key and access to this to mark JSOW's target:

mma_jsow.jpg

This could be usable by MMA LGBs, but these are not supposed to be GPS guided. Next candidate would be the SCUD launcher, as long as I'm able to control its animation states.

There is a GBU-53 JDAM in the Missilebox aswell. ;)

Note: since i had to make sure the weapons work without any dependecies, the GPS guided bombs are set to be laserguided. Was the only way to have them work ingame without relying on other mods/addons. However, i'm happy to see MMA taking good care of this aspect and pushing the JSOW and the JDAM closer to their real pendants.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Yep, please consider adding support for JDAMs if the JSOW Addon doesn't already cater for it.

supergruntsb78, supportnodlg version of the support console has not been ported to A2 yet (while it is included in the pack), so its behaviour is unknown ATM. Try the same setup with the dialog based console.

in that case i can tell you that supportnodlg does work

the gunships apear and start balsting away all reds, the choppers apear and land (or paradrop) as they should, the evac chopper comes in to pick you up and flys back to base normaly

only the dropped soldiers wont fight properly and the vehicle drop off is not complete correct (at least on takistan) it flys in with the vehicle underneath it but then it flys off several feet away from your position and hovers there without dropping the vehicle (in all these cases it where OA units not proparly doing there stuff)

as i am enjoying a weekend off from work i can test some more stuff on different islands and with different addons / default troops and vehicles, for the supportnodlg ill report back with my findings

I tried using the M47 Dragon yesterday, but didn't notice any changes to it; it still locked on and fired vanilla-style. I'm guessing you haven't got around to getting that weapon implemented yet. From what I've read, it used a SACLOS system similar to the Metis.

Does anyone know if I can use ACE 2's SIX UPDATER to add @mma as a mod to be updated?

Or, is there an updater you all can recommend that easily updates Mando Missle?

MMA does not use Six Updater afaik, or any updater for that matter, you just have to re-download when there is an update.

Correct, MMA doesnt use any updater.

Profanwolf, MMA SCUD using OA launcher is now fully operational ;)

Next beta will include it.

Xeno426, Im trying to locate the Dragon launcher, so far no luck.

supergruntsb78, thanks for testing the nodlg version, will have a look at it once I finish with all the new Myke's missiles and planes.

I'm trying to locate the Dragon launcher, so far no luck.

The launcher is named M47Launcher_EP1. I believe the magazine is called M47Dragon_EP1.

If you extract the weapons_e.pbo, it will be in its own subfolder called M47.

Just for testing

MMA SCUD <- Script suite version, OA required for the SCUD vehicle.

Awesome, looks like a great system in the works. Question, is the camera view suppose to be a Brown-Reddish look or is that normal?

Nice Job! Looking forward to this.

ok i tested several para setups and none of the dropped of units (para land option) returns fire at a enemy (tried ARMAII USMC / ARMAII:OA infantry / Project 85 troops)

i landed 3 choppers (full load on troops) near a russian post guarded by only one patrol of 5 and 3 guards

the 8 russians killed the 30+ US troops as if they where retards (wich they are offcourse :P )

ps. i noticed strange behaviour from the gunships and choppers when setting them up on UTES, they spawn (mk_start) then it looks like they fly off but they turn left and in to a steep dive to crash in to the ground, this happens on UTES (tried different locations) only, so far i could find out

hope this helps

I tried using the sample script suite mission on utes with the latest mando and I was in the camera for the hellfires on the apache, but the FLIR was still the old one for arma 2 and not the OA flir.

GossamerS, the included script suite sample mission is already using OA FLIR as long as you run OA.

Open mando_missiles\tv\mando_missile_tv.sqf and look for SetCamUseTi

Also open Config.cpp and make sure the indicated version is 2.4b8

Thanks supergruntsb78, the non dlg version must have the same mission code as the dialog based one. So, as long as the dialog based support console works, the non dlg will work once it is ported to A2.

Also I noticed the ATGMs have a really hard time working properly. Use a BRDM-2 ATGM and the missile fires downwards from the aimer and it usually flies into the ground.

Gossamer, is there any ETA on your Warfare with Mando Missiles? Checking every day the forums if there is any sign of your warfare. :yay:

Sorry Mando for posting in your thread.

Hey Mando, are there any plans to support the RKSL typhoon and the new variety of weapons that it brings?

Sorry if this has been asked already,

Rob

GossamerS, these AT5 are configured with quite low maneouverability and quite small guidance arc, so you need to fire them and "ride" them into the target, not just point immediately to a moving target, else you will lose guidance. Anyway I will increase their guidance performance a bit.

rexehuk, if there is a scripts free version in the pack, I will, otherwise the opposite to avoid interferences. This might happen only after I finish with all the Myke's weapons and planes.

Gossamer, is there any ETA on your Warfare with Mando Missiles? Checking every day the forums if there is any sign of your warfare. :yay:

Sorry Mando for posting in your thread.

Mando will be in my warfare again by next weekend (Version 2.04)

GossamerS, these AT5 are configured with quite low maneouverability and quite small guidance arc, so you need to fire them and "ride" them into the target, not just point immediately to a moving target, else you will lose guidance. Anyway I will increase their guidance performance a bit.

It's just that sometimes the missile seems to hit your vehicle as soon as you fire it. I was just testing on the Utes script suite mission and it happened with the Bradley (M2A3) and the Stryker TOW

Ah! That's new for me, will re-check these two vehicles.

I can't get a lock using the Vikhr AA targeting HUD. I have to use the camera.

Also, the ATGM on the BMP-3 is acting like a short range shell. It flies in a set arc and falls out of the sky. The motor never seems to kick in when the player fires it, yet the AI can aim it just like the Konkurs.

maturin, just tried Ka52 and BMP3. I can lock on with Vikhr AA (from pilot and gunner seats) and the BMP-3's Arkan fired from gunner position works well too. Sorry, but I cannot recreate these problems.

GossamerS try this test version for all the ATGMs, hope now no missiles hit the firing turret.

Note that Arkan (BMP3) needs a MMA locked on target and Refleks (T90) has also AA + Remote + Ground modes, the rest are manually guided.