Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Thank you Mandoble always helpful I will get on that tight away :)

Extending from what you have said:

So, for each soldier _x,

Does this mean "each soldier" IE : _x is a placeholder variable name Id and I can make that what I want to identify each spawned soldier? IE I can have a list of this variable settings and change that -x value with different load outs per soldier? If so, how do I link _x to the soldier? Does it match up via classname? Or is _x a fixed variable name and its global to whatever unit is spawned?

If im missing something, is there a way of having different loadouts setup much like the options menu in the console so you can change ammo crate content before heli drop, but in addition have a list of loudouts to select to spawn to reinforcement soldiers? IE If I want silent weapons and spawn SF units, or heavy weapons and reinforce with standard units ... etc etc. Is this already in place or could it be added?

Other example is if I want to reinforce with maybe medics .. I can select a medic load-out (especially in ACE using medic system/content) and reinforce him with that content via the selection menu, that kind of thing.

Im making an on going SP mission where Im trying to cover all angles so I can reinforce / die and still keep all options open to never really end the mission, just save and continue, so load-out options in the list would be great for a far more tailored loadout selection process when reinforced.

Apologies in advance if im missing something and this is all obvious and can be done, but a little nudge in the right direction is all thats needed here :)

Edited by mrcash2009

First is that you have a global where you can store the desired unit classes for reinforcements, so if they already have the intended weapons, you dont need to remove and/or add anything:

mando_support_infantrytype_re: Array defining soldier classes for reinforcements missions.

For example:

mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["class1", "class2", "class2","class3","class4","class4"];

you will have a reinforcements group of 6 units, each one of the corresponding class.

Second is that you are in a forEach loop, so _x is each element of the passed array (to the forEach command).

I see so _x = each pass/loop of each class entry in the array, then check typeOf / rank of each to marry up what to load out with.

Trying to summarise what I posted previous as it was mixed with confusion:

Would it be possible to add a feature to the console so that unit reinforcements can have different equipment load outs on-spawn in just the same way as ammo boxes can via the listboxes menu feature? For situations where certain default unit load-outs are not what you want for the mission when they reinforce, plus then you can change on-the-fly via listbox options per reinforce request, just like ammo crates.

Naturaly you can set up the array for unit type, but to also set up list box arrays for unit kit as ammo boxes do, that would be a great flexible addition to the whole reinforce area of the console.

To justify this as I mentioned before if I have a listbox that spawns reinforcements say / medics / SF team of 4 / Heavy weapons crew ... I can then have a list of load-outs to suit these listbox reinforce groups also, IE if I select to reinforce with medics I can select from a listbox a tailored medic kit as a load-out, and then I call the reinforcement. If I want to reinforce with a SF team of 4 I can then select a tailored silent weapon/explosives loud-out for them when i call them to reinforce, and so on.

Edited by mrcash2009

As said above, yes, of course that is possible. You need to setup one of the listboxes with the reinforcements options you want to have, upong selection you can set a global var of your own usage, and then in the reinf code var:

(lets suppose you set mrcash_reinf_weap to 0 or 1 in the code for list box item selection of reinfs type).

mando_airsupport_re_action =
{
private["_grp"];
  _grp = _this select 0;
  {
     removeAllWeapons _x;
     if (mrcash_reinf_weap == 0) then
     {
        if (typeOF _x == "class1") then
        {
           _x addMagazine "mag1";
           _x addMagazine "mag2";
           _x addWeapon "weap_x";
        }
        else
        {
           _x addMagazine "mag3";
           _x addMagazine "mag4";
           _x addWeapon "weap_y";
        };
     }
     else
     {
        _x addMagazine "mag5";
        _x addMagazine "mag5";
        _x addWeapon "weap_z";
     };

} forEach units _grp;
}; 

Anyway this is more a scripting question and a strictly mma related one.

Ok I see the global Var created by reinforcement option is the key to the loadout execution. Alright, this is more than enough to go away and have a play, thanks again, I wont clog the thread up with anymore scripting issues I guess that's best left for OFPEC forums :)

HI Mando

Im looking to reduce the size of my mission. Im only using the air control console and nothing else. What is the minimum I need in the mando folder to make it work. What can I pull out. thanks for the help.

It depends a lot on the options you give for the console. Cruise missile and saturation options might require missile sounds, exhausts and warheads, for example. Spectre support will require mando gun, etc.

You may start removing command, huds, mando_gun_lite, mcc, mfds, setups, special, tv and units folders.

For inclues, you would not need: mando_mcc.h, mando_mcc_tv.h, mando_mmc.h, and mando_rearm.h

Inside mando bombs you would need only:

mando_airsupportdlg.sqf

mando_airsupportdlgsetup.sqf

mando_bombs.sqf

mando_bombs_effects.sqf

mando_bombs_sadarm.sqf

mando_giveme_console.sqf

laptop.paa (you might replace it with a lower quality image to save space).

Hey Mando!

Have you considered implementing the ROVER system to aid in airstrikes? It's basically a laptop uplink that allows JTACs (Controllers) on the ground to see through the aircraft's optics.

I'm sure after seeing HuntIR and your weapon cameras in game that it's possible.

Hope you take it into consideration and keep up the great work,

Daniel

Isnt that equivalent to a restricted support console or to the MMA MCC TV UAV?

Hey mando, is it possible to have a tv guided weapon?

ray243, TV missile manual guidance is already included (supported by MMA), but ATM not used by any vehicle/plane. You have also manual guidance from TV in the support console, single cruise missile fire and turn on its camera, and you will guide the missile manually with the mouse.

About MCC TV manual missile guidance, do you know of any present vehicles where this might apply? Ch29 might be the only candidate, but AFAIK it only uses automatic guidance. An A6 Intruder with Walleye bombs might be the best example for TV manual guidance usage.

Ah, thanks for the reply. Never really knew how to use the MMA/support console though......

Some quite interesting news for script suite users. Defunkt is using his magic again and you may expect to have the size of the images greatly reduced without any lose in quality. It might represent a 2MB space saving.

Excellent news. Thanks for that and thank you also for this awesome addition to ArmA 2. Got in touch with Mando Missiles a few days ago while playing Gossamers Warfare and was amazed how it changed the gameplay and the usage of helicopters, planes and statics. It enhances ArmA 2 that much, i think Bohemia should include this into ArmA 2.

Also the possibility to integrate it into the mission (Script Suite) is awesome. No need for people to know the mod before already and to have ArmA 2 start with it before joining a server. Awesome work. Thank thank thank you. :yay:

By the way, how it comes your work is not inside of the ACE package? Do you dont want it or do the people of the ACE mod dont want it?

Defunkt is using his magic again...

Hardly magic, it just never occurred to be the ArmA2 TexView would be significantly (or even slightly) different to the ArmA1 version but it seems the older one was very wasteful when it comes to storing alpha layers. Re-creation of all paa's done, final saving 1.89MB.

Ginger, having this included into another mod might generate serious support issues and conflicts with missions that use MMA as an stand alone addon. Anyway this should not represent any problem for the users as MMA already incorporates an ACE2 setup covering most if not all the current ACE2 missile armed vehicles and planes. Anyway, ACE2 or any other mod are quite free to use their own MMA setups that might get activated just if MMA initialization is detected by the running mission.

How is MMA running for everyone in 1.07? The beta patches leading up to this build gave me choppy targeting icons, laggy TV movement, and loss of target lock.

Is it just me?

How is MMA running for everyone in 1.07? The beta patches leading up to this build gave me choppy targeting icons, laggy TV movement, and loss of target lock.

Is it just me?

Ive played it yesterday with 1.07 without any changes.

Maybe you used other mods....

Got in touch with Mando Missiles a few days ago while playing Gossamers Warfare and was amazed how it changed the gameplay and the usage of helicopters, planes and statics.

Yay somebody DOES play my warfare :)

Dwarden you still owe me a play session eh? You were the one that suggested I integrate Mando into Warfare.

Well guys, Jay316 convinced me to add some extra toys and he is also verifying that these work well.

Expect full support for all the Iranian mod units, including the cargo ship.

Many different classes of C130s

Eble's ACE Kiowa family

Some BW mod units

STI UH60 family

and some more.

With a bit of luck, all will be ready for tomorrow ;)

Ive played it yesterday with 1.07 without any changes.

Maybe you used other mods....

I isolated that behavior down to the beta patches a month ago.

Perhaps my weaker computer is slowing up the scripts and the UI?

maturin, just tested 1.07 patch few mins ago and so far everything works quite fine, might be even smoother than before.