Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hello,This is a fantastic Mod.

i would to see his work implemented on arma 2 vanilla..just dreaming :bounce3:

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

SpyderPB6, most plane/chopper classes that might use different loadouts have them already configured, that global variable is there to be used by mission editors to create new loadouts, not to be used "in-mission". ATM, to create new loadouts you need to add them to mando_missiles\units\mando_rearm_vehicle.sqf, so this modification feature is available only for missions using the script suite. Once Myke releases the universal missile box I will design a method to add compatible loadouts directly from a mission, without requiring to modify the mentioned script.

Anyway, what extra loadout were you thinking for the Hind?

Scrub, so what was the problem and which was the fix? Still unclear for me.

@Mando

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't looking for a specific loadout, I was simply trying to see if such a parameter was enabled (to change the loadout, custom). I was just confused I believe, I now see that it needs to be done mission side; I will tinker with it to see what I can do.

As for working towards in mission customization of your loadout, that would be a phenominal addition to an already great mod.

Thanks,

Mike.

Well, can't say I know for sure. I had this old AT Turkeyshoot mission, very close to what you made above. I had only your MMA INIT and MMA FULL. I believe the addition of ACE either caused script lag (after seeing your mission/script flight profile of launch, up, down, back on sight - and a laggy response with ACE and MMA FULL), or a conflict. When I put the MMA ACE in, the response was as your script. Fluid control within the flight envelope. Not sure of the content, or the details, but that one change fixed the mission for two hours of training where for months its been erratic.

Edited by Scrub

Hi there, just a quick question: Is there a command to enable radar lock warnings? Or isnt this kind of feature simulated?

For clarification: I don´t talk about the incoming missile warning, I want to know about a "target lock" warning.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, there is a radar lock warning for air units, isnt that working for you? A warning and usually after that a missile incoming warning.

What do the two Mando functions in the Blackhawk do? I couldn't figure them out.

hey great mod, but i have a question,

"# Call for airborne assaults with the transport chopper landing or dropping the troops in parachute."

is it possible to change the chopper with a hercules for dropping parachut troops?

greetings

Edited by thearies

thearies

mando_airsupport_type_pa = "your_preferred_c130class";

Check all the special global vars described in the included readme pdf and in the online help.

maturin, the MH60 has the following MMA functions on HUD:

- Sonobuoy mode: You drop sonobuoys. As soon as the sonobuoys land on the sea they start looking for sonar contacts. These contacts are available as remote targets.

- Mu90 mode: Lock on a target provided by your sonobuoys and drop torpedoes.

- Navigation: Displays near locations.

- Hitching display: The small display to the right shows nearby hitchable vehicles or things as circles, the closest one is also surrounded by a square and its icon is displayed on the lower right corner of that display. Pressing the special key (G by default) you will toggle between normal view and top/down camera view. This is intended to help you to align the chopper with the selected cargo.

mh60.jpg

I have not included any hitching functionality, so you can use your preferred method in your mission. That hitching hud is compatible with any hitching script and its sole purpose is to help you to drive the chopper over the cargo/destination.

Edited by Mandoble
pic added

Mando

Im using your spectre script and it works fantastic. the 130's devestate the area and I have it hooked up in the control panel. Right now it spawns 2 gunships at a time. How do I get it to spawn 1. Also when they fly they start out at my beginning altitude then spiral down to ground level. Is that an AI issue?

gunterlund go to mando_missiles\mando_bombs\options and copy mando_spectre.sqf to your mission folder, you may name it as mando_single_spectre.sqf, open it and remove the second plane (it was already created 0.5 secs ago) and its crew. From _planes, remove the second one just after the line _plane = _planes select 0;:

_plane = _planes select 0;

// Second one is removed
_pilot = driver (_planes select 1);
deleteVehicle (_planes select 1);
deleteVehicle _pilot;
_planes = [_plane];

Then, in the console setup script use this new mando_single_spectre.sqf instead of mando_spectre.sqf

case "Spectre":
     {
        []execVM "mando_single_spectre.sqf";
     };

The spiral down must be A2 AI if your initial altitude is too high.

Edited by Mandoble

Hi Mando, love your work. It is just superb!

I have a suggestion(s) which may or may not be possible but you can be the judge of that. The suggestions are to do with the evacuation chopper, which as it stands is fantastic! But how about this:

1) When an evac is called and the evac chopper lands at the players position, the first player to enter the helicopter recieves a dialog which can control exactly when the helictoper can take off again. Good for holding the chopper for team mates, or taking off quickly if under fire.

2) When a helicopter is given its destination, would it be possible to give an order for the helictoper to hover at a certain altitude to allow either parachutes or fast roping, instead of landing? In essence this becomes an insertion I suppose. The helicopter is then dismissed as normal. Im thinking about use in conjunction with the ACE mod here.

3) Would it be possible to have the ability to change the helicopter destination mid flight? I've never actually tested this so maybe its already possible.

No problem if there are objections to this. They are just ideas :)

Jackal,

1 and 2 can be easily done at mission level with the new code global variables you can set for each kind of mission at any time. You can use them to override normal mission behavior (similar to gunship override with the Spectre). The 3th might be more complicated because the user would need to iteract with the map on the console to change destinations dynamically.

Thanks for the tip Mando, thats great. I've been reading through the supporting documentation for your mod, so I'll look into the global variables in more detail :)

Hi,

Is there a command that I could apply to a specific helicopter to prevent mma from affecting it?

I am running some scripts on a helicopter (Norrin's heligoto scrpts) and they don't work right when using mma.

Thanks,

-AD

What is the interference effect you are noticing?

What is the interference effect you are noticing?

During the script sequence, an action is supposed to be added to the helicopter saying "Give chopper all clear for take-off". When using mma, this action doesn't appear.

I have tested it without using mma and it appears every time.

Thanks

-AD

BTW, I am using mma in the mission for the air support console.

Edited by ADuke

This looks amazing! Testing now ;)

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

OK so I moved the addons, I just wanted to use the addon in existing missions for now so i also used the XEH auto launcher addon. However it says extended event handlers is required, I've looked high and low for this and only found the file online for the original Arma..

*EDIT* Figured it out, I needed CBA (Community Based Addons) turned on. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, which made the process alot longer.

Edited by Erratic

Hi Mando, I'm having difficulty getting your mod to work with the FFAA CH47. It's working fine with the default helicopters etc. but I'm just having no luck with the CH47 which is working fine on it's. I've tried disabling other mods (to avoid conflicts) and moving the FFAA directory from the default ARMAII location and into the addons directory but I'm not getting any MMA options or anything.

Do you have any idea where I'm going wrong?

*EDIT*

I think I need to go back to your excellent pdf doc and read through the scripting part.

Edited by Moggy

Moggy, I think FFAA CH47 was updated to 1.1 few days ago, might be class name was changed there, I havent tested the updated version and this might be the reason. If original class name was kept, everything should work as with the previous CH47 version.

ADuke, how are you adding the support console action and how are you adding the Norrin scripts menu action?

Erratic, you are right, XEH was present before as a separate addon, but now it is only present inside of CBA, I will update the online info with this "warning".

Live in fear Mando, I've played about with the witchcraft (better known as scripting), made mysef a tiny test mission and I figured out how to incorporate your mod with the FFAA CH47.

Well, technically all you need to do is to execute the MMA FFAA setup script or just to include de MMA FFAA gamelogic in your map and that should provide the systems for FFAA Tigre, EF2000, C130 and rest of choppers including the CH47.

ADuke, how are you adding the support console action and how are you adding the Norrin scripts menu action?

Thanks Mando but I figured it out, all I had to do was disable the evac function in "my_console_setup.sqf" and there weren't any more problems.

-AD