Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

hmm i was playing "VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor" but mando missile was not working there , is this a mando or a vts3.5 thing ?

Is that mission initializing MMA? Or was the server you were using initializing it automatically and you have MMA XEH installed? If none of these, then you would not have MMA starting up.

You might have it, but if the server doesnt initialize MMA, yours will not start.

And the server will initialize it if the mission uses it or if the server uses MMA XE too.

That means that clients using MMA will have MMA usage granted by the server only if the server has MMA as well. Else the gameplay balance in a mission might be totally ruined.

You might have it, but if the server doesnt initialize MMA, yours will not start.

And the server will initialize it if the mission uses it or if the server uses MMA XE too.

That means that clients using MMA will have MMA usage granted by the server only if the server has MMA as well. Else the gameplay balance in a mission might be totally ruined.

oh crap that is really really stupid of me , please forgive i had to check the server mod path ...and i deleted 2 days ago some mods include mando.

:o :o

hmm its not me..its the mission i think , i have the mod also on te server loaded but still no result

Edited by Sneaker-78-

If both, client and server have the XEH. then the only thing missing might be the Extended EH, which is now included into CBA.

I dont know how the mission may prevent MMA to start up if all the above is correct.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta7.5

Changes in v2.4b7.5

• Systems added:
    • AV8B GBU: LGB (REMOTE) on HUD
    • T90: Refleks (ATGM Laser, Remote, AA Laser modes)
    • BMP3: Arkan ATGM Laser
    • Gnat's Coalers: Nav HUD, Nav MFD, ECM and flares

[*]Fixes and adjustments:

• Fixed a Mi8 problem not allowing to select rockets
    • Adjusted flight trajectories for Hellfires
    • Adjusted guidance for Metis

Read included mma_readmefirst.pdf for install and usage instructions, find here the online version.

Awesome update yet again mando!

There is one thing, is it possible to add support for the tomahawk missile?

Is it possible to move the mma action menu options to the bottom of the action menu instead of the top? When I need to use my action menu like auto hover, switch ammo type, manual fire, etc. I have to take my eyes of what i'm doing to scroll down, instead of it taking a split second. And most of the mma options are something that might get used once you get in. At least the changing key bindings and changing color etc.

Or at least is there a way I can edit it myself?

When i used the earlier version, I could not select certain weapons. Like if i was in a Cobra, if I was using manual fire, everytime I selected hellfire missles, it would always change to the next weapon. I had to fire as soon as i selected it. Is that supposed to do that?

Also it may have been something wrong but when i was in certain vehicles, like the apache, the circular hud (I believe it's the piece for the eye) kept switching on and off by itself every couple seconds. Any idea what caused that?

Also it may have been something wrong but when i was in certain vehicles, like the apache, the circular hud (I believe it's the piece for the eye) kept switching on and off by itself every couple seconds. Any idea what caused that?

yes i had this sometimes too !

Also sometimes have action menuestuff double...

if i reconect on server its ok again !

@Mandoble

any other solution for the mapklickplayer thing ?

Shift + click or alt +click in the camera...

ray243, what kind of Tomahawk support do you mean?

victim913, good idea, I will move the misc MMA options to the bottom. And you cannot select missile weapons with "F", you need to use your configured MMA key to change the hud mode (which implies also change of weapon used). So, except for direct systems (these with only one weapon like the portable missile launchers), MMA will switch to next weapon when you select a missile based one. This also allows you to use the BIS gun, while you have also selected the MMA sidewinders on hud (for example).

If the HUD blinks, there might be something interfering it. Some other script or addon, or for some reason that MMA system is initialized twice (which cannot happen unless your mission has twice the setup full GL).

Muecke, ATM I see no other solution to the map click than that explained in the other thread. The main reason is that default ArmA behaviour is that clicking on map forces your driver to move to that position, while on MCC systems the intention might be to move there or to target there.

ray243, what kind of Tomahawk support do you mean?

victim913, good idea, I will move the misc MMA options to the bottom. And you cannot select missile weapons with "F", you need to use your configured MMA key to change the hud mode (which implies also change of weapon used). So, except for direct systems (these with only one weapon like the portable missile launchers), MMA will switch to next weapon when you select a missile based one. This also allows you to use the BIS gun, while you have also selected the MMA sidewinders on hud (for example).

If the HUD blinks, there might be something interfering it. Some other script or addon, or for some reason that MMA system is initialized twice (which cannot happen unless your mission has twice the setup full GL).

Muecke, ATM I see no other solution to the map click than that explained in the other thread. The main reason is that default ArmA behaviour is that clicking on map forces your driver to move to that position, while on MCC systems the intention might be to move there or to target there.

There is a tomahawk vehicle in Arma 2, so I was thinking, maybe give it support? Like a hud or something. Or a onboard camera. Not too sure about cruise missiles.

I've got almost all of the functions working but cannot for the life of me work out the following.

I want custom ammo drops using the menu, it works fine in the sample mission so I've obviously got something wrong in my script. The second problem is the carpet bomber doesn't work, again it's something I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My script looks like the following:

Sleep 1;

mando_airsupport_type = "ADF_SKC_F111_1r";

mando_airsupport_type_rc = "ADF_SKC_F111_1r";

mando_airsupport_type_cb = "ADF_SKC_F111";

mando_airsupport_type_la = "ADF_SKC_F111_1r";

mando_airsupport_type_am = "adf_s70mg";

mando_airsupport_type_ev = "adf_s70mg";

mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "ANZAC";

mando_airsupport_type_ve = "adf_ch47";

mando_airsupport_type_vehicle = "adf_sovrover";

mando_airsupport_type_cp = "ADF_F35A";

mando_airsupport_type_ca = "ffaa_famet_tigre_AT";

mando_reco_cam_pos = [0,3,-2];

mando_airsupport_cmissile = ship1;

mando_airsupport_armedrec = true;

mando_airsupport_armedrec_man = false; // Set it to true for manual guidance for missiles fired from armed reco planes

mando_airsupport_armedrec_max = 8;

mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000;

mando_ingress_dir = 45;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 150;

mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];

mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300;

mando_airsupport_jump = false; // reinforcements and airborne assault will land and disembark instead of jump from chopper.

mando_support_no_cas = false;

mando_support_no_br = false;

mando_support_no_ff = false;

mando_support_no_sa = false;

mando_support_no_gs = false;

mando_support_no_ab = false;

mando_support_no_cm = false;

mando_support_no_sat = false;

mando_support_no_rc = false;

mando_support_no_ev = false;

mando_support_no_la = false;

mando_support_no_am = false;

mando_support_no_ve = false;

mando_support_no_re = true;

mando_support_no_cp = false;

mando_support_no_cb = true;

// Info text displayed in the setup / info dialog (this is an structured text)

mando_airsupport_info = "Mission info: <br />Try altitudes between 190 and 250m for carpet bombing using F111.<br /><br /><t color='#ff0000'>Objetive:</t><br />Eliminate enemy presence at Elektrozavodsk<br />Try also the support options available for this mission (all the setup is into init.sqf script).<br /><t color='#ffAA00'>If you destroy the radar tower near your initial position, comms will be lost.</t><br /><br />Note that the options you see below are fully customizable using globals (same as this text block), check online help for more info.";

// Setup dialog options 1, 2 and 3, dont set any of these variables if you dont want special options

mando_airsupport_opt1_text = "Gunships support type";

mando_airsupport_opt1_array = ["ffaa_famet_tigre_AT"];

mando_airsupport_opt1_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

mando_airsupport_type_ca = _item;

};

mando_airsupport_opt2_text = "Reinforcements type";

mando_airsupport_opt2_array = ["Normal"];

mando_airsupport_opt2_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

switch (_item) do

{

case "Normal":

{

mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["aawInfantrySecco2", "aawInfantryMedic2", "aawInfantryAntiTank2Jav","aawInfantryGrenadier2","aawInfantrySectHGunner1","aawInfantryRifleman3","aawInfantrySectGunner1","aawInfantryRifleman1","aawInfantryRifleman2","aawInfantryRifleman1"];

};

};

};

mando_airsupport_opt3_text = "Vehicle supply type";

mando_airsupport_opt3_array = ["adf_sovrover", "bushmaster","MtvrRepair","adf_sovrover6x6"];

mando_airsupport_opt3_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

mando_airsupport_type_vehicle = _item;

};

mando_airsupport_opt4_text = "Ammo supply options";

mando_airsupport_opt4_array = ["1 PLT", "1 RCN"];

mando_airsupport_opt4_action =

{

private["_item"];

_item = _this select 0;

switch (_item) do

{

case "1 PLT":

{

mando_airsupport_magz = [["aaw_f88_mag", 50],["aaw_f88_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_f89_100_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_mag58_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_HEAT_FFV", 50],["aaw_HEDP_FFV", 50],["ACE_5Rnd_762x51_T_M24",50]];

mando_airsupport_weap = [["AAW_f88_ACOG", 5],["AAW_f89_ACOG", 2],["AAW_mag58_ACOG", 2],["AAW_M72a6", 10],["AAW_M2_carlG_optic", 2],["M24",1]];

};

case "1 RCN":

{

mando_airsupport_magz = [["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_B_TAC50",20],["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_S_TAC50",20],["ACE_5Rnd_127x99_T_TAC50",20],["ACE_5Rnd_762x51_T_M24",50],["aaw_f88_mag", 50],["aaw_f88_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_f89_100_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_mag58_mag_allTracers", 50],["aaw_HEAT_FFV", 50],["aaw_HEDP_FFV", 50]];

mando_airsupport_weap = [["ACE_TAC50_SD",1],["ACE_TAC50",1],["M24",1],["M24",1],["ACE_Claymore_M",10],["AAW_f88_ACOG", 5],["AAW_f89_ACOG", 2],["AAW_mag58_ACOG", 2],["AAW_M72a6", 10],["AAW_M2_carlG_optic", 2]];

};

};

};

// End of options setup dialog configuration

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for F111

mando_airsupport_carpetcode =

{

private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];

_plane = _this select 0;

_targetpos = _this select 1;

while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do

{

Sleep 1;

};

if (alive _plane) then

{

_widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;

for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do

{

_plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,driver _plane, _widx];

Sleep 0.4;

};

};

};

Edited by tromac

tromac, I have not these units/mags/weapons so I cannot test it.

Anyway, about the carpet bombing, the one you are using is the one for AV8B (LGB):

if (alive _plane) then
{
  _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
  for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
  {
     _plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,driver _plane, _widx];
     Sleep 0.4;
  };

As you can see there, 6 bombs are dropped in a loop, one every 0.4 secs. They are dropped by the driver of the plane using a weapon named "BombLauncher" (which is the weapon name for the LGBs in the Harrier).

For CB you are using an F111 and probably the weapon class name will not be "BombLauncher", and might be it is under gunner control and not under pilot control.

So first of all you need to find out the weapon class name of your plane type and then you might need to change driver _plane by gunner _plane.

You might also have different carpet bombing code variables, activated also from a list where you can select which type of plane will provide the support.

BTW, is there a working F111 out there??

Thanks for the ultra fast response. The carpet bombing is not as important as the ammo crates.

With the ammo crates could it be that I don't have a basic crate? When I call them in two parachutes deploy but there is no crate underneath and when they land the crate does not spawn.

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.

Oh and yes we have a working F111 thanks to NZDF CRASH.

Edited by tromac

mando_airsupport_type_ambox: ammo box type to be used in ammo supply missions, default is "USBasicWeaponsBox" for west, etc.

You have there "ANZAC", might be this is a wrong class name for the ammo box, or that it is missing the 3D model. You might try to dont set that variable, so default "USBasicWeaponsBox" will be used but with the content of ammo and weapons that you specify in the lists box options.

Is that F111 already public? Did I miss it?

thanx for update)

whatever is possible to keep up whole missile replacement' efficiency

but disable any of HUD??

any variants??

anikit, sorry but I cannot understand any single sentence of your message. Do you mean to remove the HUD systems?

mm)

sorry ma bad google' engliz))

yes I'm thinking about disabling AH-64 monocle' HUD, but saving Mando Hellfire missile functionality

Is there any simple way or this question requires some rescripting skill??))

anyway thanx for you very very intersting and useful job))

mando_airsupport_type_ambox: ammo box type to be used in ammo supply missions, default is "USBasicWeaponsBox" for west, etc.

You have there "ANZAC", might be this is a wrong class name for the ammo box, or that it is missing the 3D model. You might try to dont set that variable, so default "USBasicWeaponsBox" will be used but with the content of ammo and weapons that you specify in the lists box options.

Is that F111 already public? Did I miss it?

Hey Mandoble,

Yep spot on. That was my line of thinking as well. So now I have the ammo working in the editor but for some reason the air support console is not available as an option on the dedicated server.

Edit: This is driving me nuts. I have spent hours and hours on this. I had the version working in the editor using the Mando MOD, but on the dedicated server there would simply be no option for the air support. So I thought, okay maybe it needs to have the version done as scripting in the mission. Still no go, it just doesn't work for me :-(

Edited by tromac
Update

tromac, might be you are executing the code to allow the console inside an if (isServer) block. That would explain why that works for you in SP and non dedi, but not on plain dedi servers.

nikita, you can remove the monocle if you dont execute the mma setup full, but you execute your own setup with your own mando_ah64_setup.sqf which executes a custom version of huds\mando_hud_ah64.sqf. Or, if you use the script suite, just open mando_missiles\huds\mando_hud_ah64.sqf, you will see there:

mando_hud_init_code = {
	[safeZoneX + safezoneW - 0.2, 0.80, 0.20, false] ExecVM "mando_missiles\huds\custom\custom_radar.sqf";
	[] ExecVM "mando_missiles\huds\custom\custom_hud_apache.sqf";
};

change that by:

mando_hud_init_code = {
	[safeZoneX + safezoneW - 0.2, 0.80, 0.20, false] ExecVM "mando_missiles\huds\custom\custom_radar.sqf";
};

Edited by Mandoble