Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

What version are you using MadRussian? I don't want him decreasing the bullet impacts even more just because you're using an old version.

I was happy with the way they were in the first version.

I was happy too, and still using first version :D

What version are you using MadRussian? I don't want him decreasing the bullet impacts even more just because you're using an old version.

I was happy with the way they were in the first version.

Just made sure... indeed using v1.21

Anyhow, if he goes with either suggestion I made, we'll all be happy. The first was to break the effects out into seperate PBOs, so we could individually enable/disable as desired. Second suggestion was a user config file, so we can all fine tune our puffs per individual preference. So no harm in any event. ;)

Great Mod man, thanks heaps for this!

Question: In the first vid 'Video by Chaostika7-17th' the first explosion has an initial large ball of sparks (which looks awesome and huge) then a secondary taller more vertical spray of sparks - I have never seen the first big ball in game only the secondary lesser one. Which makes it not as impressive. Any idea why this would be? I've tested it in editor with all kinds of vehicles and at night but still the same.

Great Mod man, thanks heaps for this!

Question: In the first vid 'Video by Chaostika7-17th' the first explosion has an initial large ball of sparks (which looks awesome and huge) then a secondary taller more vertical spray of sparks - I have never seen the first big ball in game only the secondary lesser one. Which makes it not as impressive. Any idea why this would be? I've tested it in editor with all kinds of vehicles and at night but still the same.

Are you using slx mod? if so take out the slx mod weapons pbo and it should work, i had the same problem..

Yes I am! Thanks for that, I'll try it now.

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

That was it. Works perfectly! Thanks again Cossack.

btw is there a list or a thread somewhere talking about conflicting pbo files in certain mods?

Fantastic mod.

Not to sound demeaning but it's a shame that BI required someone like yourself to put so much effort into creating something that should have been in the game in the first place.

Damn good job.

And DO NOT reduce bullet impacts any further. A HV round will actually kick up water and mud/dirt at least 3 - 4 feet.

Fantastic mod.

Not to sound demeaning but it's a shame that BI required someone like yourself to put so much effort into creating something that should have been in the game in the first place.

Damn good job.

And DO NOT reduce bullet impacts any further. A HV round will actually kick up water and mud/dirt at least 3 - 4 feet.

wot he sed

Right big update on whats going on with the mod, I have made a major breakthrough!

- The size of the mod has decreased from 130mb and is now down to just 10mb.

- Successfully deleted unmodded content, and made it so it uses a custom particle shape.

- Also began setting up its own textures for differnt effects so they are no longer all running from the same univerisal, which means it should be fully independent from conflicting with other mods like JTDs. :eek:

So yeah im still testing and making sure its all working right atm, i might be able to put something together in a few hours or might wait till a few days when ive made all the right changes and turn this into a super release with loads of other shit im working on.

:dancehead:

Edited by Opticalsnare

Right big update on whats going on with the mod, I have made a major breakthrough!

- The size of the mod has decreased from 130mb and is now down to just 10mb.

- Successfully deleted unmodded content, and made it so it uses a custom particle shape.

- Also began setting up its own textures for differnt effects so they are no longer all running from the same univerisal, which means it should be fully independent from conflicting with other mods like JTDs. :eek:

So yeah im still testing and making sure its all working right atm, i might be able to put something together in a few hours or might wait till a few days when ive made all the right changes and turn this into a super release with loads of other shit im working on.

Thats great news :cool:

P.S. one thing you perhaps could take a look at... sparks from smaller rounds i think they produce too much a firework when hitting metal :)

:dancehead:

Fantastic news - thanks for all the hard work you're putting in, much appreciated! Take your time and don't feel under pressure. Break on through to the other side indeed! ;)

Fucking awesome mod, aircraft guns strafing the ground at night looks scary now, lol.

Any chance you can , while you're at it , do something about those pathetic flashes of bright circles BI calls "muzzle flashes" when you fire at night??

*crosses fingers and prays*

Any chance you can , while you're at it , do something about those pathetic flashes of bright circles BI calls "muzzle flashes" when you fire at night??

*crosses fingers and prays*

This would be most appreciated, it's sad to see the vanilla "models" for muzzle flashes. Looks like a .Jpeg-file.

I want to criticize a bit. I don't like helicopter HE canon explosions. They change scale with the distance. With high distance they scale up. I also prefer ARMA explosions to compare with this mod. They look more alive. There is only one thing that I like is small sparks for explosion, not the big sphere of sparks but just few sparks.

I like the mod the way it is - sure these might look more like cinematic effects but that's the whole fun for me. The visual model (and color scheme) in Arma II makes a lot of things hard to see. The more I appreciate some exaggerated effects - and this was the whole purpose of the mod, wasn't it? So don't tone it down - that was the status quo before. More action, please. :bounce3:

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Thanks for that link. So does this have keys and would it be compatible with JTD fire and smoke? I noticed this changed vehicle smoke as well as JTD is why I ask.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

This would be most appreciated, it's sad to see the vanilla "models" for muzzle flashes. Looks like a .Jpeg-file.

Please please pleeeease!

Yes it works with JTD. I think this addons fire overrides JTD on vehicles, but smoke will come from JTD and forest fires etc work as normal. These fires on vehicles is pretty darn good though. Bright and nice.

Just test it already its just an addon - geez.

:)

Hmm which loading order should I put this in the target line? Before or after JTD? I've got like 100 mods installed. :D

Can you make the spark particles burn out faster? They look great and then they float about like pixies and ruins the effect.