Sign in to follow this  
Taryl

"Shotgun" really a shotgun? I only see 1 hit after i shoot it.

Why does the shotgun shoot only 1 bullet? Shouldn't it shoot a "buckshot" and have like around 6-8 small bullet impacts instead of 1? Is my game glitched?

3 words:

Engine Limitation, Slug.

three words

'engine limitation' ? ignorant!

The only 'engine limitation' that exists is the simple fact that BIS chose not to include that weapon in Arma2. That doesnt mean, however, that it couldnt be done by some community member.

OFP had the Kozlice, a shotgun capable of a shot or slug round.

Weapon

"Kozlice"

Magazine

"KozliceBall",

"KozliceShell"

source: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_Weapons

I am sure if an author had the motivation, the addon would be made/ported.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Military use slug for breaching doors, by shooting out the hinges i.e. Law enforcement might use them differently, not sure. Shotguns aren't normally carried by regular marine infantryman afaik.

Multiple hits from buckshots might be hard on the engine, maybe that's why they didn't include it. If this worked, we would also want shrapnel effects from blasts and grenades. There is a reason we only get a very simple damage radius. If we got some, I'd say the latter would be more important than shotguns, which have limited use.

Did Kozlice cause multiple hits? Iirc the multiple hit thing was an issue back then as well. I remember some simulations, but they were never that convinsing.

Did Kozlice cause multiple hits? Iirc the multiple hit thing was an issue back then as well. I remember some simulations, but they were never that convinsing.
The Koslice "shell" was a workaround. The gun just fired somethings like 9 rounds with a insane rate of fire and very high dispersion.

Slug rounds, and clearly shown as such if I remember correctly. Buck shot would be useless in this game anyway due to short range and ineffectiveness against body armour.

ACE mod for ArmA 1 had buckshot, so I guess you can expect the same in ACE2. Done via scripting of course.

Just script it. ;)

there are very few people with knowledge like yours, so such advice is not valid here, as only you have such skills :P

you script it :P you are boss of coding magic

Slug rounds, and clearly shown as such if I remember correctly. Buck shot would be useless in this game anyway due to short range and ineffectiveness against body armour.

ACE mod for ArmA 1 had buckshot, so I guess you can expect the same in ACE2. Done via scripting of course.

at range it would be bad against body armor up close and personal the force could still drop someone without penetration...at the same time i would rather hit them with a rifle and not wonder if they are going to drop

-Ziggy-;1479633']three words

'engine limitation' ? ignorant!

The only 'engine limitation' that exists is the simple fact that BIS chose not to include that weapon in Arma2. That doesnt mean' date=' however, that it couldnt be done by some community member.

OFP had the Kozlice, a shotgun capable of a shot or slug round.

Weapon

[i']"Kozlice"[/i]

Magazine

"KozliceBall",

"KozliceShell"

The Koslice "shell" was a workaround. The gun just fired somethings like 9 rounds with a insane rate of fire and very high dispersion.

The kozlice shell was a single projectile with a high multiplier. Meaning it modelled 1 buckshot projectile and if it hit, the damage was multiplied x9 or whatever it was, was it not?

Edited by Max Power

well, I don't know the specifics of the kozlice config.

what I do know is that the weapon existed in OFP resistance without community mods, and the weapon was capable of holding both rounds, and of firing either.

workaround? perhaps. but 'incapable due to engine limitation' Negative!

perfect simulation? nah

Fun, well YEAH ! :D

Technically the Kozlice in OFP was just like any kind of assault rifle with burst firing mode - It would fire 7 round bursts in high rate of fire, just like the M16 does 3 round bursts.

I was also disapointed of the fact that the shotguns in Arma 2 only fire slugs. When I saw the promo screenshots of shotguns before the release, I thought they'd finally have proper buckshots. Little did I know. :( Would love to see this implemented.

Technically the Kozlice in OFP was just like any kind of assault rifle with burst firing mode - It would fire 7 round bursts in high rate of fire, just like the M16 does 3 round bursts.

I was also disapointed of the fact that the shotguns in Arma 2 only fire slugs. When I saw the promo screenshots of shotguns before the release, I thought they'd finally have proper buckshots. Little did I know. :( Would love to see this implemented.

count=7 doesn't actually make 7 times the projectiles, does it?

well, I don't know the specifics of the kozlice config.

what I do know is that the weapon existed in OFP resistance without community mods, and the weapon was capable of holding both rounds, and of firing either.

workaround? perhaps. but 'incapable due to engine limitation' Negative!

perfect simulation? nah

Fun, well YEAH !

It was a weapon with two muzzles in the config, so it had a muzzle for each ammo type- like the m16+m203 has two muzzles.

Do modern military rifles still use buck shot i thought it was ????

No, rifles don't, and never did use buckshots, shotguns do however.

Military use slug for breaching doors, by shooting out the hinges i.e. Law enforcement might use them differently, not sure. Shotguns aren't normally carried by regular marine infantryman afaik.

Multiple hits from buckshots might be hard on the engine, maybe that's why they didn't include it. If this worked, we would also want shrapnel effects from blasts and grenades. There is a reason we only get a very simple damage radius. If we got some, I'd say the latter would be more important than shotguns, which have limited use.

Slugs for beaching doors? Not the US military.

Slugs for beaching doors? Not the US military.

Not in Arma 2 either.

To clear out any confusion about the Kozlice, it fires a single-shot "ball" which is quite weak, and the shell mode is a fast 7-round burst which fires pretty accurately aside from the recoil. That makes it unrealistically effective at long distances.

I see that this has already been discussed, but a i've already typed this i shall post it. So sue me.

Naah. Grouping was steadily rising to several hunderds of meters away. It's just like rifle with long burst and poor sights for long range shooting. I failed to see dispression there when watched with death cam at guys who were shot at with it. besides right definition wouldn't be shotgun, because it was rifle-shotgun combination. dunno how it is in english, but on my language it would be something like, ummm, riflegun. One barrel for rifle-cartridge and one barrel for shotgun-cartridge.

CoC had claymores which sent tens of pellets. It killed frames. Same with LibMods handgrenades and shrapnel. Too much stuff flying which eats resources in engine which isn't very good at modelling it. Does ArmA have such things made as addon?

count=7 doesn't actually make 7 times the projectiles, does it?

Actually it does. I've tested it in OFP just to be sure.

@anfiach and Celery:

Roger that, my mistake. Found some info ages ago and took it for granted. Should have checked more.

But in any case, I don't find it much used as a fighting tool, for military. Mostly it is carried as a breeching device, which have no purpose in Arma2 anyway. So, for now, I find it about the most useless weapon in the game :)

You can make a shotgun in Arma/Arma2 in the same manner... you give it a burst mode and every pull of the trigger fires a burst. Give it a very low reloadTime and it will come close as an approximation. However, it makes pump actions, etc, a bit off... you can get all 4 off insanely fast b/c the time between bursts is fixed to the same reloadTime as the time between the pellets.

Oh, also, I'd advise against trying to make birdshot in this method. Seems okay for buckshot though.

Dont really want to dig up old post, but I found nothing new on this and thought some old info might help. Was there any offical word on why there is no buckshot for the shotguns in the game, and not just a guess?

I used to us a addon pack by InQUisiToR in ofp that I loved. I messed with the numbers a bit so i dont know what he had them set at. I may have made it a bit over powered, but it was fun as hell :p

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=30580;st=0

The spread of the shot was nice and wide and looked real.

class INQ_Shotgunshell: BulletBurst

{

hit=2;

indirectHit=1;

indirectHitRange=0.75;

minRange=1;

minRangeProbab=0.100000;

midRange=10;

midRangeProbab=0.700000;

maxRange=50;

maxRangeProbab=0.040000;

tracerColor[]={0,0,0,0.000000};

tracerColorR[]={0,0,0,0.000000};

cartridge="INQ_FxCartridgeShotgun";

\INQ_M1014reload.wav,0.05,1};

drySound[]={\INQ_WeaponPack\Sounds\INQ_M1014dry.wav,0.05,1};

soundContinuous=0;

reloadTime=0.0005;

magazineReloadTime=3.55;

ffCount=1;

recoil="INQSniperSingle";

autoFire = 0;

aiRateOfFire=20.0;

aiRateOfFireDistance=250;

useAction = 0;

useActionTitle = "";

};

class INQ_M1014

{

scopeWeapon = 2;

scopeMagazine = 0;

weaponType=1;

displayName = "XM1014 Shotgun";

model="\INQ_WeaponPack\M1014\INQ_M1014";

modelOptics="\INQ_WeaponPack\optics\inq_optika_m1014";

picture="\INQ_WeaponPack\Pics\w_M1014.paa";

uiPicture="ivojak";

muzzles[] = {"INQ_M1014Muzzle","INQ_M1014StrikeMuzzle"};

class INQ_M1014Muzzle: INQ_M1014Shell

{

magazines[] = {INQ_M1014Shell};

};

class INQ_M1014StrikeMuzzle: INQ_StrokeGunB

{

cursor ="\INQ_WeaponPack\optics\w_weapon.paa";

cursorAim ="\INQ_WeaponPack\optics\empty.paa";

};

canDrop=1;

I pulled parts of this out of my old addon file for his pbo. This was in the full weapon pack config, so if I missed something usefull to you let me know.

I would really like to see a offical addon, and not have to dl a full weapon pack or mod to get one shotgun working. If not I hope the info can help someone else.