Sign in to follow this  
itsme

Arma 3!!! Your Expectations

I know some of you will say its too early to talk about it, but for the sake of talking, I want to know what you would like to see in Arma 3?

Well firstly, will there be an Arma 3? If so when do you expect it to be out?

What story line would you like to see?

etc...

i dont honestly think they will continue with the arma series after ArmA2-OA expansion pack is released,

i know they are working on carrier command so maybe that will be there next project

Well firstly, will there be an Arma 3? If so when do you expect it to be out?

I wouldn't bet on an ArmA3 release...

i dont honestly think they will continue with the arma series after ArmA2-OA expansion pack is released,

i know they are working on carrier command so maybe that will be there next project

Whats carrier command? can you give me more info pls

and have they actually said they wont contiune with the arma series?

thats bad news I guess

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Yea Wolle, I forsee the next decade being owned by Operation Arrowhead.;)

I do hope they dont rush making OA if thats the case

I was thinking maybe Arma 3 will be based in Iraq/Iran or China

Carrier Command go to the root of the BI forums http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php

... look to the bottom and its the second from last.

I think it could only be justified under a much newer engine to make/justify a the third version (as apposed to bolting onto old engine). Arma 2 + Arrowhead + community will stretch it as far is it could go in current state and the size if BIS and budget etc I would also not be over optimistic of Arma3.

Never say never obviously.

Mind you im happy to slog it out with arrowhead and a2 and community far beyond most other game life span so im not at all worried about it.

Edited by mrcash2009

Look on the forums, there is thread about carrier command.

I think it will be good for them to have a rest from the mili sim at least for the time being (after arrowhead).

who knows maybe in a few years they might take it back up again as things progress and improve..

I'd better have a couple of more expansion packs to build and improve on Arma II like OA (with new nice features/engine improvement, new factions, campaign, maps...) rather than a new Arma 3 at the moment.

With expansions like OA you cumulate all the content. If you go Arma 3, you somehow lose a lot of the previous content which doesn't get ported from one version to another..

Original OFP lived many years after its release due to mods/addons, Im guessing it will be the same with ARMAII + expansion and maybe one day I will have a computer that will own the game.

Theres one idea for a future future total conversion mod: ARMAIII.

i'll just say it yo..

1. Interrupt-able animations. All of them. As soon as you start doing something BAM you change your mind and do something else. Like going prone as soon as you press 'stand up'. Getting your rpg out while reloading. Everything should be interrupt able and more fluid. Smoother.

2. More flexibility. Women should be able to carry arms and drive vehicles. Who attacks who, should be completely customizable. Maybe I want a mission where civs, independent, bluefor and opfor all fight each other. A game like this souldn't have hard coded behavior in that department.

3. More checkboxes and drop down lists in unit creation, less init scripts please.

4. Less clipping in geometry and more fluid LOD loading. And fix that damn view distance to be the same for terrain, units, effects and everything else. I wouldn't mind if I could see a maximum of 2km as long as everything in the map was visible.

You know what? Fuck it. I don't need an Arma 3. Arma 2 has everything I could ask for right now. I am not an ingrate.

5. Grass in the distance fix.

I think there is enough to explore for me the next ten years.

Did you ever consider scripting, itsme?

I think you wouldn't ask for something new then ...

Ok, I agree with alot of the things said here

The only thing that will justify another Arma 3 series is a completely new game Engine, something that will utilise all the 4 cores

I think for now, Arma 2 + OA + Community (mods+addons) will do me for the next 5+ yrs

BUT the reason I put this thread, is just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there is a new game engine that could be used for a potential Arma 3!!

I remember a post by maruk, stating that there is a big chance ArmA 2 is the last military simulator from BI... The team isn't interested in war/military in particular, they rather use the engine for some other (fantasy) things. keep in mind that they published a puzzle game "Fairytale" before OFP.

They cannot sell the same quality level game like Arma2 again. And i dont think they gonna raise the quality level, so they will just drop Arma as a title.

I remember a post by maruk, stating that there is a big chance ArmA 2 is the last military simulator from BI... The team isn't interested in war/military in particular, they rather use the engine for some other (fantasy) things. keep in mind that they published a puzzle game "Fairytale" before OFP.

Realism and military simulator is a side effect of their original engine's goal. People seem to think they did OFP aiming at best realism and simulation ever. It was not their goal

Im not sure there will be a arma 2. I remember hearing the developers saying they wanted to do something less realistic like a fantasy game or so, Im intepreting that as they wanna do they own Rpg game cause of the rpg elements spoken of in the interview i read that in.

Hey Arma 2 could be like "oblivion with guns" :D

While I expect ArmA2:OA will be the last in the series (at least for a long time) I don't think BI will abandon all the experience they have gained. Basically anything they have in their games is made in-house and is state-of-the-art. Maybe the engine has been pushed to its limits, but developing a new one from scratch doesn't mean abandoning BI ideas of gameplay. The Carrier Command looks very promising and may as well lead to a new series.

Anyway, I trust BI that the "next game" won't be an "Ultra hardcore-wannabe MMORPG for kids available on PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP and Windows Mobile Devices", they have a large and devoted community and it would be foolish to start producing a completely different product.

While I expect ArmA2:OA will be the last in the series (at least for a long time) I don't think BI will abandon all the experience they have gained. Basically anything they have in their games is made in-house and is state-of-the-art. Maybe the engine has been pushed to its limits, but developing a new one from scratch doesn't mean abandoning BI ideas of gameplay. The Carrier Command looks very promising and may as well lead to a new series.

Me neither as that would be rather stupid. But after working on OFP, ArmA1 and ArmA2 it's understandable that they want to do something different now. No problem for me though I probably won't be interested in any fantasy stuff. :)

I'm pretty sure that after OA they will take a break from military sims but will be back in business one day. Besides that, ArmA2 with OA (and eventually another addon) will surely keep us busy for years to come, not to mention all the stuff the community will produce.

Take a look at OFP - people still releasing Mods and addons for it after more than 8 years.

Me neither as that would be rather stupid. But after working on OFP, ArmA1 and ArmA2 it's understandable that they want to do something different now. No problem for me though I probably won't be interested in any fantasy stuff. :)

I'm pretty sure that after OA they will take a break from military sims but will be back in business one day. Besides that, ArmA2 with OA (and eventually another addon) will surely keep us busy for years to come, not to mention all the stuff the community will produce.

Take a look at OFP - people still releasing Mods and addons for it after more than 8 years.

are you trying to tease us or what? ive got an inkling that you know something. :p

Having established themselves as undisputed leader in this market I would think it fairly high-risk to walk away from that dominance and into uncharted territory. Not saying they won't do it, caring about what they do is obviously important, you only have to look at OFP/ARMA to see that.

are you trying to tease us or what? ive got an inkling that you know something. :p

No really not. The eventually other addon is purely hypothetical. But you never know, the czechs are always good for surprises. See the OA addon they came up with all of the sudden.

I do hope to see Arma 3 (or whatever title they want to give it) in 10 yrs time, Lets Hope

Going along with what every one else has said, I remember some one from BI stating that the company wanted to do move on and do something else.

With OA I can deffinatly say we will be set for many years to come. With the advanced mods starting to show some nice progress, i cant imagine what you all have done in the future

But I can see it now, 5-6 years from now out of the blue we get a trailer/teaser video of heavy smoke and the sound of gun fire, and out of the smoke the word ArmA materializes, and a few short seconds later III

... And all of us go fucking nuts with excitement and anticipation

No really not. The eventually other addon is purely hypothetical. But you never know, the czechs are always good for surprises. See the OA addon they came up with all of the sudden.

Not being funny but it would be nice if Arma2 was sorted first before starting OA:o