Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

No release date can be set. It is a huge mod. Alpha is currently going on and going well in terms of that the scripts are successfully infecting the whole island. Typically after the whole thing runs reliably, the beta phase starts.

It was originally planned to have the multiplayer compatibility assured before the beta, but due to lack of testing environment there will be no multiplayer functionality for the beta phase which is likely to start by the end of the week.

Hahaha, this mod is fucking awesome. Fantastic work Charon, can't wait to play it :P

edit:

do you need a hand with beta testing?

Charon: we have a testing environment on 100mbit line, I'll let you know when I have an answer if uploading of mission is possible to our dedicated via ftp or somehow.

SafeZones have been a bit hard to implement, but now they work.

If a zombie steps inside the trigger area, his movement is halted, if his current target is inside the trigger. That means all humans inside the trigger are safe.

When an alternative target appears from the outside and becomes the nearest target then they wil hunt that outside target. A couple of them are stuck at the fence if that happens, but that might be fixable. Most important it was to create a reliable safe-zone for missions which can be any house or big camp area (just dependent on the trigger placement)

1257838017082364500.jpg

Maybe inside this mod you should replace enemy with zombie when they report the zombies! That would be pretty funny.

Maybe inside this mod you should replace enemy with zombie when they report the zombies! That would be pretty funny.

Impossible unfortunately. i have experimented a lot with this, it is simply not possible to assign outside paths outside of /cadubbing .

Do you want custom sounds Charon? like from left 4 dead ? I'm pretty good with recording & importing/converting sounds/music as well as sound fx.

And we need a roadsign: "Caution: zombies ahead" =)

Do you want custom sounds Charon? like from left 4 dead ? I'm pretty good with recording & importing/converting sounds/music as well as sound fx.

I am a music industry pro myself, thanks for the offer. You probably can`t make it out from the videos, there is tons of custom sounds in this. Couldn`t really be more.

@Icebreakr: But roadsigns is a good idea, for example for military installations (that make the vius or so).

Too bad, the arma2 engine does not support subterranean buildings (like the Hive).

To have something like that would be awesome.

I have made an urban objects pack for arma1 that i never released due to insufficient time to complete it, which would give map makers enough objects to make maps with big US-type cities.

(Skyscapers, residential buildings,Bus stops, newspaper box, Traffic lights, Streeetsigns and so on)

That could be fun to play with zombies.

Edited by Charon Productions

Charon: when you are at it, take "Doctor" from Civilians and arm him with M4A1 & MP5 & Shotgun ;) simple config work, they are researchers working on virus and protecting their facilities :)

Charon: when you are at it, take "Doctor" from Civilians and arm him with M4A1 & MP5 & Shotgun ;) simple config work, they are researchers working on virus and protecting their facilities :)

Good idea!

So there will be unarmed, wimpy ones (like you see em in the movies) and tough

ones with guns ;)

I am thinking anyway to let civilians attempt to pick up weapons that have been dropped by killed soldiers if the script load will still allow that that is hehe.

But only some of them, since naturally there will be also some that are so frightened that they are petrified with horror.

But only some of them, since naturally there will be also some that are so frightened that they are petrified with horror.

reading this from you I say:I love your brain,charon...

This looks so great, particularly like the slow zombies. Get that feeling of evitability, the need to conserve ammo and not get complacent.

hmm really stupid the geo lod is not working properly^^ i hope that will be fixed soon.

armed civillians that would be cool! some should may have already a weapon "at home". the hunting rifle or the shot gun for example. we would just need to put some guns in houses and then they would take them alone. but they should only take them if they are in danger. it would look weird if armed civs would walk around just for fun.

hmm really stupid the geo lod is not working properly^^ i hope that will be fixed soon.

Well to the defense of BI, i have to say that it`s not their problem if someone wants the models to do something they are not supposed to do.

If setvelocity command would work on a continous basis, everything would be good or the existence of a engagement-AI-independent simple move command that just moves a soldier with a constant speed while the collsion detection is still on and at least prevents the soldier not to pass through objects.

armed civillians that would be cool! some should may have already a weapon "at home". the hunting rifle or the shot gun for example. we would just need to put some guns in houses and then they would take them alone. but they should only take them if they are in danger. it would look weird if armed civs would walk around just for fun.

Armed zombies would also be fun, i remember "City of the walking dead" :D

But the civilians to arm themselves if needed would make this pretty realistic.

Just hard to realize the fact that some would deny to do it.

Maybe just a randomizer.

If you will arm civs Charon they will quite possibly fire on soldiers (us) too?

If you will arm civs Charon they will quite possibly fire on soldiers (us) too?

Not necessarily, as i said earlier it is advisable to use :

civilian setFriend [west , 1];

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

in your mission init.sqf or editor.

I wanted to leave that open and not code it into the module, but

thinking about it now, when i add the option of the civs picking up weapons,

maybe also toggled by a global variable like CHN_UNDEAD_ARMEDCIVS, then it needs to be set by the module to make sure they dont engage soldiers.

Except if you for some reason make a mission where there is on top of the zombies a conflict between soldiers and civlians.

oh no lets keep the zeds unarmed... :)

why would some deny to do it?

we need just a behaviour that they pick up weapons they find and that gets activated when they see a zombie. but then they still wouldnt shoot on them right?

oh no lets keep the zeds unarmed... :)

"City of the walking dead" is one of the more trashier italian zombie movies, where the zombies seem to behave no different than soldiers lol

why would some deny to do it?

Imagine a terrified old woman? Unlikely to get her to pick up an M249 :D

we need just a behaviour that they pick up weapons they find and that gets activated when they see a zombie. but then they still wouldnt shoot on them right?

They would if you set :

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

Imagine a terrified old woman? Unlikely to get her to pick up an M249 :D

well there shouldnt lay such weapons around. but some hunting rifles and shotguns maybe.

never seen an old grany with a gun? then watch

!zahn.gif

well there shouldnt lay such weapons around. but some hunting rifles and shotguns maybe.

never seen an old grany with a gun? then watch

!zahn.gif

She is exceptionally cool ;)

I was more talking about weapons dropped by soldiers while slaughtered by zombies, not that an M249 would be so easily accessible to grannies )

Charon..some posts before,u mentioned something about the "hive" thing...

Although a "REAL building Charon's pack" ,would be the "last nail in the coffin" :D :D

Sumrak made an "Underground lab"

So..it is "Underground" or Sumrak founded a way to make it "Seem like underground"?

Charon..some posts before,u mentioned something about the "hive" thing...

Although a "REAL building Charon's pack" ,would be the "last nail in the coffin" :D :D

Sumrak made an "Underground lab"

So..it is "Underground" or Sumrak founded a way to make it "Seem like underground"?

Well fantasy took off with me. With that bad of collision handling as Arma2 is doing, you can forget about any combat inside of buildings.

About that building pack, it was for Arma1. I like modern urban warfare kind of scenarios and since there was nothing like that, i had to make it myself.

It was only like 70 % finished and is lots of work to complete it, maybe one day i`ll do it.

I love it. Creepy as shit. I can picture myself playing for the first time @midnight, kids asleep....wife too! Wham! :eek: I wake the whole family up with my girl-like scream. Ha ha. Can't wait.

Thanks to the Mod community.

hardtail