isladual_14.jpg

isladual_15.jpg

isladual_16.jpg

isladual_18.jpg

isladual_33.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Nice shots Ice. I particularly like the one with the petrol station

Afrenian Army (South)

Tnx to NZDF Crash & TwinkeMasta for Steyr Aug, LoBo/GIR Team for Pinzgauer 4x4, CheyenneAh56 & Nemith Brother, NZDF Crash and Maj Z. for AS350 Squirrel chopper

Aeneas2020 for texture templates, Eggbeast for new soldier classes

isladual_afr01.jpg

isladual_afr02.jpg

isladual_afr03.jpg

isladual_afr04.jpg

isladual_afr05.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

I am trying to get this to run for warfare BE but I keep getting the ibr_civilian_patch error. I read something about init line(box) and the mission.sqm but cannot find how to do either one, I am sort of new.

Afrenian Armor: Leopard 1A5

Tnx to Wld427 & Vilas (original model) and DataKill (psd work)

isladual_leo01.jpg

isladual_leo02.jpg

Afrenian Airforce: Saab AJ37 Viggen

Tnx to GranQ & Swedish Forces Pack for Viggen. NZDF Crash for extensive help and GLT Myke for new weapon systems

isladual_vig01.jpg

isladual_vig02.jpg

isladual_vig03.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I am trying to get this to run for warfare BE but I keep getting the ibr_civilian_patch error. I read something about init line(box) and the mission.sqm but cannot find how to do either one, I am sort of new.

You are using Lite version, you need civilians if you're running a Civilian module:

http://www.icebreakr.info/files/ibr_acivilians_v191.7z

Edited by IceBreakr

Molatian Army (North)

Tnx to Sahbazz and Maj Z. for soldiers, original cammo, configs, BIS for models.

isladual_mol01.jpg

isladual_mol02.jpg

isladual_mol03.jpg

isladual_mol04.jpg

isladual_mol05.jpg

great picts IceBreakr really looking forwards to making some nice little mp missions for duala and your other island lingor :)

but thats not all... get some - get some!

isladual_bmp01.jpg

Molatian Airforce

Tnx to Wld427 Project RACS for Mig21MF, FDF from OFP for original model, CSLA team for original Mig-21MF Fighter/Bomber texture base

Wld427 for SU-24MK Fencer-D, EddyD, footmunch for original Su-24MK Fencer OFP model, Southy, Gnat and RKSL-Rock for contributions to the Su-24 Fencer project and helping Wld427.

isladual_mig01.jpg

isladual_mig02.jpg

isladual_mig03.jpg

isladual_fen01.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Wow, those shots scream 'TONAL' all over the place. Epic. :)

My fav is the little church on the hill, nice scene. Can't wait to play Evo on there.

Thanks to all project contributors. Hopefully these shots will serve as an inspiration for new MP missions ;) if you have any questions:

1. re-read Duala readme file with history info etc.

2. ask for more info here if you're in doubts

All shots available on official island website:

http://www.icebreakr.info/isla-duala/media/

Edited by IceBreakr

Those pics are really nice hey. Really shows off what you are trying to achieve here not just with the map but the whole history of the island.

This is a fantastic island! I love how the african Sahara blends in nicely with the jungle areas and plains. This is an outstanding map for "special operations blow something up and get out" style missions, I love it, keep up the great work. I used to love playing COOP on the old Tonal map with Operation Flashpoint Resistance, it seems like years ago... BAS made missions for that map that were so immersive you felt like you were actually in the middle of an African civil war. Hopefully someone is making some great missions for this great map of similar quality.

Btw, the frames I'm getting are fantastic, even in the built up areas and my system right now is basically ancient (I built it for Arma 1 and only just added a new GPU -GTX 580 going to be upgrading the entire thing in the next week or so). This is important as it leaves your CPU and GPU room to handle hundreds of mad screaming African guys coming at you from everywhere you look.

Great work!

Edited by Jocko-Flocko

DAMN nice shots, Ice! I especially like the city... and the pot field looks good enough to smell it ;)

The server key system isn't flexible enough to only allow glt_missilebox with this one island so if a server-op wants to run Duala at all they are then forced to allow missile box with any mission played on their server and unless they then require every player to have it there is going to be a mismatch in weapon performance between players

Except that GLT Missilebox adds weapons to the game, it does not replace any weapons. If the other missions on the server only use vanilla aircraft with vanilla weapons, then I fail to see where problems will arise.

AFAIK missilebox also changes the behavior of existing weapons to be more realistic.

Except that GLT Missilebox adds weapons to the game, it does not replace any weapons.

ArmA2 OA

class M_Maverick_AT: MissileBase {
	hit = 850;
	indirectHit = 20;
	indirectHitRange = 2;
	cost = 10000;
	irLock = 1;
	maxControlRange = 27000;
	initTime = 0.15;
	trackOversteer = 1;
	trackLead = 1;
	[color="red"]timeToLive = 120;[/color]
	maneuvrability = 8;
	simulationStep = 0.01;
	sideAirFriction = 0.2;
	maxSpeed = 300;
	[color="red"]thrustTime = 2;
	thrust = 141;[/color]
	effectsMissile = "missile4";
	whistleDist = 4;
	model = "\Ca\Air_E\agm65_fly";
	proxyShape = "\Ca\Air_E\agm65";
};

GLT MissileBox

class M_Maverick_AT : MissileBase {
	model = "\glt_missilebox\GLT_AGM65\GLT_AGM65BIS.p3d";
	proxyShape = "\glt_missilebox\GLT_AGM65\GLT_AGM65BIS.p3d";
	effectsMissile = "GLT_Missile1";
	[color="Red"]thrust = 31;
	thrusttime = 80;
	timetolive = 180;[/color]
};

And many other vanilla classes are similarly revised.

great looking update to the island, my only suggestion would be fleshing out the armies a bit more, both still could use more vehicles

That's my only nitpick with Duala. The armies need more vehicles.

#1 Ural / 5Ton / even a VTS for Afrene

#2 UAZ for Molatia

#3 M113 for Afrene

#4 Mi-8 for Molatia

#5 A single armed version of the Pinz

#6 Offroads and pickup trucks for both sides (Not the armed versions, although for Molatia they could work) Basically a civ pickup truck in each nations camo.

~Afrene

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/hilux1_civil_1_open.jpg

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/hilux1_civil_2_covered.jpg

~Molatia

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/datsun1_civil_1_open.jpg

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/Wheeled/full/datsun1_civil_2_covered.jpg

#7 Retextured boat(s) for afrene and or molatia

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/A2/vehicles/boats/full/Smallboat_2.jpg

and maybe a couple more things would make Duala a full fledged mod with a complete (Or complete enough) inventory for each army.

*This is not a request. This is just what I think it would take to have complete militaries for Afrene and Molatia*

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

AFAIK missilebox also changes the behavior of existing weapons to be more realistic.

That's correct. Vanilla BIS often are too fast and quite a few have a too short engagement range. As an example, BIS AIM-9 reaches Mach 5+ while the real thing is supposed to reach ~Mach 2.5 - 2.7 (depending on variant). Also the Ch-29T often enough didn't hit the target just because it fell short (in fact it reached usually just 1200m max).

So the Missilebox changed the relevant values to represent closer the real performance of the weapons.

Also they are a little less distractable by coutermeasures. Together with the slower pace it puts back the survability of a plane in the Pilot's hand. Dropping flares isn't enough, a pilot should perform evading maneuvres. Often enough i could survive a enemy missile with depleted countermeasures by outturning the incomming missile.

Myke;1885344']

Also they are a little less distractable by coutermeasures. Together with the slower pace it puts back the survability of a plane in the Pilot's hand. Dropping flares isn't enough' date=' a pilot should perform evading maneuvres. Often enough i could survive a enemy missile with depleted countermeasures by outturning the incomming missile.[/quote']

I have a question for you!

do you think that the countermeasures system in this game is too much overpowered?

I have a question for you!

do you think that the countermeasures system in this game is too much overpowered?

Not overpowered, just not well balanced. With vanilla ArmA 2, on a incomming missile i just dropped flares and moved on. With the Missilebox and it's changes i have a higher level of adrenaline as i know just dropping countermeasures might not be enough, i have to actively avoid a impact. So flying a plane or chopper becomes more demanding to the pilot.

I really dont get what this dependancy-bashing is all about.

Imo the user still has the choice to:

1. Allow just the island on a server (without dependancies)

2. Allow the island, the armies and the dependancies on the server

If you need to add all this stuff anyway why is it a problem to also add the missilebox to the white list? Its not like the missilebox would break something, as Myke says he has done extensive research on the matter to get a more realistic / pilot-friendly approach.

Or am i missing something?