Ouch Darkhorse ya that is definatlly nastier then me, I haven't edxperienced any of that yet. Yet being the key word of course. I just love Duala map so much and wish that little glitch would get fixed but im sure its not the maps creator fault.

Did you read my post? Please read again and see if theres a solution in there.

its not a glitch mate... its ment to represent grass, since the grass dosnt render as far as the player can see, the game takes into account the length of the grass and "hides" the player to simulate them laying down in the long grass.

Yeah that's why this happens. It ain't a bug (Although it seems like one) but it is a tad annoying. Although when you look at it from a "realism" viewpoint this feature is actually quite amazing. It stops you from engaging AI that are a mile away in high grass with your MG or Sniper Rifle. Unless of course your accurate enough to hit that little piece of skull that sticks through. :D

First: this island rocks!

I mean, this truly has the potential to become a 2nd tonal. although this might be a bit blasphemic, as tonal is....well, one of a kind. (back in ofp days I never understood the hype around that island, till I actually tried it after almost two years of ignoring it and instantly fell in love, the "revolt 98" campaign is still one of my alltime favourites hehe.)

However, we realy need more african themed addons, such as cars and most important: people! civilians, rebels that kind of stuff. can't something be done in that direction using the armed assault sample models? afaik the civis were released as well back then. and, if someone is able get in touch with the BAS guys and gets them to grant permission for use of their dynamic language pack that they had for their civis it would be truly awesome.

I'm preparing civilians, p3d is done but I need to write a config now. And then the textures, probably 3 guys will do those to be clothes as diverse as they can be. I've also downloaded the Revolt98 for OFP campaign and checking out if I can put something from it to the new mission pack I'm creating.

Great news, that should do just fine. Only it would be nice to get a female character as well, if possible.

BTW i love the Afrenian troops for some reason they remind of South Vietnamese troops

Afrenian governement sent out news via PR about the new business deal. Excellent Pinzgauer 4x4 vehicles were tested out and soon accepted as the main transportation vehicle for army and also police. PR stated that these brand new vehicles were created in a Spanish factory GIR owned by Mr. Lobo with additional African modifications made by New Zealand's army expert Mr. Hayden (ANZAC).

pinz.jpg

Pinzgauer is able to reach speeds up to 120km/h on roads and slightly less going offroad. Undercarriage modifications allows high punishment, but vehicle is very lightly armored. There will be no weapons mounted in this first delivery, as vehicles are intended only for quick patrol duties and border control. Delivery will be made in upcoming days.

Edited by IceBreakr

I believe a hired fleet of An-12 will land at Kinsella International in late afternoon hours :)

Ah, fantastic news, mobile patrols using non borrowed equipment at last.........

Edited by PSYCHOSIM

Hi!

cool to hear about the civilians. they will add so much more atmosphere to the whole island....also a cool thing to hear that you're trying to incorporate some revolt stuff :) I just love that campaign so much.

And one thing that crossed my mind yesterday while watching a bbc documantry about african revolutions and cuban involvment in african independence wars: this island would be the perfect place for a proxy war with sahrani involvment. be it task force lion or a north vs south 'advisors' war. (as soon as their addons are released that is)

looking so much forward to your updates

First test drive by Afrenian officials in brand new vehicles, Pinzgauers 4x4:

pinz1.jpg pinz2.jpg

Model: Lobo & GIR

Edited by IceBreakr

Yes, Afrenians will finally get patrol vehicles.

RKSL-Rock: it should be correct:

http://www.staufferclassics.com/pinzgauer_710_data.htm

http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/pinzgauer.php

As I remember it from the army there's room for 8 folks at the back with full equipment on the floor and legs on it.

Many I'll put passenger/cargo proxies a bit higher, they are too comfy now in the leather seats ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

RKSL-Rock: it should be correct:

http://www.staufferclassics.com/pinzgauer_710_data.htm

http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/pinzgauer.php

As I remember it from the army there's room for 8 folks at the back with full equipment on the floor and legs on it.

Many I'll put passenger/cargo proxies a bit higher, they are too comfy now in the leather seats

No worries then, it just seemed that the soldiers in the back were tiny in comparison.

When I drove one on our last shooting day and we had 6 guys with bergans and rifle cases in the back. They virtually filled the entire load space, with their heads only maybe 6 inches off the canvas. One of those pics makes them look almost like children. Maybe they are just a bit low then?

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Yup, proxy too low - its already fixed for release (soon) ;)

man, i lived in africa for many many years and this mod just reminds me so much of the landscape. really great job man. thanks.