Yeah, I always see it on Domi. I honestly hate that fire... Blocks view, cuts FPS almost in half when it's dense...

Mistery... :eek:

Mr. IceBreakr - after a break from Arma2, it's way cool to come back and see another classic island from you. Thanks again for sharing your talents/time.

Ok ... I'm attacking from the north, and wanted to place units in the building ID# 98001, at grid #'s 018 046, but can't seem to do so. I've tried UPSMON and Random House Patrol, but for some reason the AI doesn't seem to want to cooperate and patrol that building.

It would be great if they did, but of course I can live with it, and get on with my life..., I only mention it in the off chance it's something that can be fixed on this island, or avoided in future ones (provided of course it's something you're concerned about).

For example, is that particular building one that should be avoided when choosing buildings from the editor? Or, can that building be given some sort of "AI coordinates" somehow after being placed in the editor? Or, am I doing something completely wrong?

Just FYI - thanks for your time.

I can confirm that. Its a mission bug.

The fire in the sky bug is not Dom only :)

It's an ArmA 2 bug that happens because of the way some effects are transfered over the net (setVehicleInit, the ArmA 2 effect scripts use them to start effects like burning, etc) that may result in wrong or not correctly initialized variables for JIP clients.

Sadly those SVIs get even transfered to JIP clients for allready deleted vehicles (because clearVehicleInit doesn't work for processed inits).

Xeno

Ah thanks for the explanation Xeno! Didnt think it was Domination only but a mission bug that manifests due to some scripts etc. Sorry if my post sounded like it was Dominations fault completelly. ;)

Hope BIS sorts this one out. Scary with fire that actually hurt you like through ACE, SLX etc and you see a town on fire and you dont dare to enter because of ot. :D

Thanks for the explanations. As a last post about this (dont want to hijack this fantastic addon thread with ot bugs) here is the bug report on Dev heaven about this issue;

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2341

It only has 7 votes! Vote the hell out of this one.

Xeno: I should rephrase that, its an A2 bug not an island bug :)

Currently I'm reworking textures for Panthera so I guess I won't be updating Duala for a while.

HI Icebreakr,

And thank you for your work.

Have you planed to create civilian addons? (Units, vehicle, objects...) to complete and improve the immersion?

Best Regards

I could do all of civilian textures, but 3d models are not my thing. I would need a civilian model with t-shirt and long pants. We add couple of variations are we're good to go :)

Any guys willing to help out with the new civilian model?

you can use the ones from arma1 mate, shouldnt be to hard to port over :), owuld help but i uninstalled arma1 awhile ago so dont have access to the textures

ok so i did a search came up with nothing and sorry but im not gonna read 101 pages hehe, but is there a fix for the AI, when they lay down on the ground their body goes underground an only their head is above it?

ok so i did a search came up with nothing and sorry but im not gonna read 101 pages hehe, but is there a fix for the AI, when they lay down on the ground their body goes underground an only their head is above it?

It's because they are hidden in the grass, it's a feature and has nothing to do with Duala :)

you can use the ones from arma1 mate, shouldnt be to hard to port over :), owuld help but i uninstalled arma1 awhile ago so dont have access to the textures

Which units do you mean?

arma1 released 90% - 100% of its MLODS of its models, so all the civ models from arma1 are released to be used. which wouldnt be that hard to get into arma2.

Either what JW Custom said or do you mean in a mission you made/downloaded etc? It might be that the mission was made on the previous version of Duala and the slight height difference makes things go under ground. The solution to that particular problem AFAIK is to SAVE that mission again in the new version of Isla Duala, and all objects etc should be properly on the ground after that.

I might understood this wrong though and its ONLY objects that are affected by this on Duala? Anyway doesnt hurt to try if it wasnt what JW said. The sinking in the ground of units/vehicles at distance is a solution that virtually no other game has - to actually have grass "work" at greater distances. So you can actually crawl far away on a grass plain without the enemy see you. In other games the grass is around you and then disapears completely outside this radius around the player so anyone being outside of that is completelly without cover.

arma1 released 90% - 100% of its MLODS of its models, so all the civ models from arma1 are released to be used. which wouldnt be that hard to get into arma2.

My friends tried that but its a lot of work (replacing heads in oxygen, reconfiguring everything etc.). I'm kinda lost with this stuff. If someone (with experience) could help me out with remake of civilian.p3d I could make the configs and textures then.

It just occurred to me that Duala would make a perfect setting for a District 9 mod :D

All we need is an MNU and Prawns faction (and possibly the arms dealers too ;) )

Cheers

It just occurred to me that Duala would make a perfect setting for a District 9 mod :D

All we need is an MNU and Prawns faction (and possibly the arms dealers too ;) )

Cheers

That would be cool, I was very suprised after watching it to realise there wasn't a game, could make a great one if done right

Huh, it's true, there's no District 9 game... that's quite a shame since that movie offers so much room for additions... the whole movie appears to be just a snippet of the large alternative reality they created...

Hmm... On second thought I guess it's a good thing there was no tie-in game... those are usually the worst games ever released, and the movie offers too much gaming potential to throw it away on a rushed run-and-gun shooter.

We would be much better off with an ArmA mod set in duala ;)

Cheers

i think ya it might be the map was made on a prev version and just not fully updated, cause its not the grass because im playing on a dedi server that has the grass turned off, if the grass was on then we wouldn't be able to see any of the AI what so ever. typically you can just see the top of their heads poking out of the ground. Last nitewhen i was playing i watched a AI guy that was tring to run up a hill go into the hill for like a couple mins then he just popped up on the topof the hill

That's nothing Woodstock. I have been driving my Bradley cross country, minding my own business (500 to a 1000 meters from the nearest active AO) when a spetznaz squad (Identified afterwards) comes up outta the ground and puts 2 RPGs into me. Smashed all the eggs I was delivering to the little ole lady's house in Bolabongo as well.

Looks like the Ruskies are using Cong tactics! Time to call out the Tunnel Rats!

Ouch Darkhorse ya that is definatlly nastier then me, I haven't edxperienced any of that yet. Yet being the key word of course. I just love Duala map so much and wish that little glitch would get fixed but im sure its not the maps creator fault.

its not a glitch mate... its ment to represent grass, since the grass dosnt render as far as the player can see, the game takes into account the length of the grass and "hides" the player to simulate them laying down in the long grass.