No problem mate, here ya go :)

"brg_africanboxwood_1.p3d","brg_africanboxwood_2.p3d","brg_africandoumpalm_1.p3d","brg_aloe1.p3d","brg_aloe2.p3d","brg_aloe3.p3d","brg_baobab_1.p3d","brg_bird_1.p3d","brg_bird_2.p3d","brg_bird_3.p3d","brg_bottle_1.p3d","brg_bottle_2.p3d","brg_bottle_3.p3d","brg_bottle_4.p3d","brg_carissa_1.p3d","brg_carissa_2.p3d","brg_datepalm_1.p3d","brg_datepalm_2.p3d","brg_datepalm_3.p3d","brg_datepalm_4.p3d","brg_deadstuff1.p3d","brg_elegrass_1.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia01b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia02.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia02b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia03.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia03b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia04.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia04b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_new01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub02.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub1.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub2.p3d"

vengeance1: open the mission, save it and it will work. Missions need to be updated.

Not sure why I had to do this but worked fine.

Thanks

Great work Sahbazz!!!

As an improvment, you really should consider adding few civilians so we could use them for full "african" type campaigns on Isla Duala. Its really tough to mix those nice units with the Chernarus type civilian.

Lot of people would be pleased :)

File molatian__army\MolGroups.hpp, line 67: '/CfgGroups/East/MOL_army/Infantry/inf_squad.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

in my RPT

vengeance1: well, I've had to change the island heights so when you load/save the mission the object/character positions get updated. Sorry for the trouble mission makers.

Hi there IceBreakr, I am enjoying your island :)

One question - can you post up a list of tree object names? I can include them in the JTD_FireAndSmoke config.

Just the p3d names will be fine, I use them in the format:

"T_ACER2S.P3D","T_ALNUS2S.P3D","T_BETULA1F.P3D"

:) cheers

JTD Fire and Smoke worked for me out of the box. Atleast on the last version of the island. Whole little patch caught fire. Smoked up the whole city.

Good work vojaki :D

..Å ahbaz ti je ba ko maÄija guza.... :clap:

Edited by Horus

had tons of fun patrolling the desert with the irish rangers against the north army :D great work

No problem mate, here ya go :)

"brg_africanboxwood_1.p3d","brg_africanboxwood_2.p3d","brg_africandoumpalm_1.p3d","brg_aloe1.p3d","brg_aloe2.p3d","brg_aloe3.p3d","brg_baobab_1.p3d","brg_bird_1.p3d","brg_bird_2.p3d","brg_bird_3.p3d","brg_bottle_1.p3d","brg_bottle_2.p3d","brg_bottle_3.p3d","brg_bottle_4.p3d","brg_carissa_1.p3d","brg_carissa_2.p3d","brg_datepalm_1.p3d","brg_datepalm_2.p3d","brg_datepalm_3.p3d","brg_datepalm_4.p3d","brg_deadstuff1.p3d","brg_elegrass_1.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia01b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia02.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia02b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia03.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia03b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia04.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia04b.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_new01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub01.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub02.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub1.p3d","brg_umbrella_acacia_shrub2.p3d"

Thanks very much, I added them in :)

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

JTD Fire and Smoke worked for me out of the box. Atleast on the last version of the island. Whole little patch caught fire. Smoked up the whole city.

There are some default BIS trees it seems, but there's also a lot of unique trees not in the list :)

idt.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umceR2AFx68&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umceR2AFx68&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94702

Edited by lucilk

Not heard anything for a few days, IceB, everything ok?

Just so you know, we've adopted Duala as our standard map now and everyone loves it. The only thing we really need now are civilians and the Afrene troops and we're set for a while.

Excellent work!! :)

I'm been a bit sick (39°C temp). I've finished Vixena during the weekend and improved the satimage even more. So, I'll be releasing v1.3 soon as I recuperate.

Wait, isn't being sick the perfect excuse to get some more work done? ;D

You can ignore all other parts of life for a while, claim you feel down and mod away! ;D

Just kidding ofcourse, get well soon mate :)

One of the best MAPS out there for Arma2! Certainly sets the standards other maps are judged by.

Only comment for future versions is perhaps have different building styles north from south, one capitalist liberal while the other is communist conservative (archeticture wise)

Just an idea.

Based on what I saw in this

I'm cancelling all my map making. I'll update Duala and Panthera, but I will cancel all upcoming island projects. Sorry, but I won't loose weeks and months of work working on obsolete tools knowing that authors have tools that can shorten months into weeks. Hope you all understand.

Its no right to get the tools, its a privilege.

We can be happy that we even get something.

Its no right to get the tools, its a privilege.

We can be happy that we even get something.

A "privilege" ??? ...man, they don´t do a favor to us uh ... we actually BOUGHT his product (fully bugged by the way) ... please don´t say this kind of things, specially when here are people who deserve most of anybody get this "help" of bis....don´t forget that if ArmA or ArmA2 are still alive is for this people who works on it (addon´s makers, map´s makers, mod´s makers).

Icebreakr i totally understand how you feel! :mad:

Regards

Based on what I saw in this
I'm cancelling all my map making. I'll update Duala and Panthera, but I will cancel all upcoming island projects. Sorry, but I won't loose weeks and months of work working on obsolete tools knowing that authors have tools that can shorten months into weeks. Hope you all understand.

Well it's not the authors your punishing but the ArmA 2 users :(

As I understand it, Visitor 4 will only produce VBS2 maps. It's knobbled by the developers so "we" don't get free stuff that they've developed specially for the lucrative VBS2 market. As such, anything you see in VBS2 must be seen as belonging to a separate product, similar to seeing features in Crysis.

Just IMO :)

Although I do feel your pain :) mapmaking is, as I found out, a royal pain. I'm sure if they (BIS) really wished to they could make it a LOT more easier.

Just to echo a bit of what DM said, don't be too jealous of VBS2 stuff. It isn't all that.

I mean, the tools, no doubt, are better than what are released for ArmA* but unless you're a gov't or a gov't contractor, you can't even get the "real" tools.

And, the formats are apparently tweaked for VBS2 such that it really isn't the same. It certainly isn't the same "game" or even "simulation." And, IMHO isn't inherently better, regardless. In many important ways, ArmA2 surpasses the VBS2 gameplay experience.

Yep. As I mentioned to TRexian in another context, outside of the various cool features VBS2 represents less flexibility. Simple config tweaks, for example, cannot be achieved.

I think anyone who's seriously attempted making a proper island can understand how Ice feels... We're not talking about VBS2 the playing experience here, but the BIS toolkit, and more specifically, Visitor...

Fair enough... Visitor 4 may be specifically for VBS... FLIR was exclusively for VBS too, but apparently it will feature in Arrowhead... Will there be a similar "trickle-down" effect with tools facilities from V4 to V3?

I wouldn't underestimate BIS... they have a tendency to take stuff onboard, say nothing, then ages later - do something about it...

I'm not saying suddenly they're gonna shower us in wonderful VBS tools or anything, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if, once they have the Arrowhead release out of the way, they do a little tools upgrading too...

One prime example... Roads! a Royal Pain indeed... yet there's a <ctrl>click ahead autoroad facility - which crashes! Yet the code is in there, it's obviously meant to work - I've even heard tell it sortof semi-worked in a previous Visitor version... Now... that's obviously buggy code... BIS release unfinished, or at least buggy code - we know that, but they rarely leave it that way!

Am I just being naive and hopeful??? Maybe... They said that to me about Freetrack too... even the Mods mostly laughed and said "No Way they'll implement that"... and we all know what happened there, don't we?

Visitor 3.1 maybe????

Keep the Faith, Ice! BIS ain't done yet - not by a long shot...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Yeah, but they can't release the same, or even very similar tools, to the community as what VBS has. Otherwise, they'd make it even easier for the community to surpass what BIA (the VBS2 wholesaler basically) is doing.

There is a significant disincentive to making Vis 4 a free tool, at least until they have something even better.

I, too, understand the frustration. But, it is kinda like being frustrated that personal jetpacks aren't standard for everyone, too. :D Yeah, they exist, but we ain't gettin' 'em any time soon. :D

Yeah, but they can't release the same, or even very similar tools, to the community as what VBS has.

I was talkin' more about finishing the toolset we have... ;)

B