Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Landrover Pack v1.1

Thanks for the help, I was after the vehicle commanders seat and ive got it now,

command was

UNITNAME moveinturret [VEHICLENAME, [1.0]]

Really great model btw.

P:UKF Landrovers 1.1 Update

As part of our wider releases, next up we have an updated version of Messiah's Land Rover pack: containing both the Land Rover Wolf TUM utility vehicle and the latest Enhanced Weapon Mount Installation Kit (EWMIK) Land Rovers, as modified by Ricardo to create a formidable reconnaissance and fire-support platform, nicknamed 'Porcupine' by the Taliban.

Landie_release1_SML.jpg

Landie_release2_SML.jpg

This version will fix the visual bugs, and hit-point problems that were present in the previous release from last October, as well as add a number of new ArmA II features including destructible tyres and non-stabilised optics, and the option to make minor customisations to the appearance of the vehicles.

Full details are in the first post of this thread; quick download links below:

VOLCBAT - UKF Landrovers v1.1

VOLCBAT - UKF Shared v1.1

VOLCBAT - UKF Misc v1.1

For anybody downloading or posting mirrors: we can't stress enough how important it is that you update UKF_Shared and UKF_Misc to V1.1 as well.

Most of the visual problems with V1.0 of the Land Rovers were down to problems with Misc and Shared so you'll likely experience these problems again if you don't update the required .pbos, and they'll probably affect the Jackal too.

Next another great update! Many Thx :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1836121.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - UKF Misc

DOWNLOAD - UKF Shared

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1097][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/1836121.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1460]DOWNLOAD - UKF Misc[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1461]DOWNLOAD - UKF Shared[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1097]DOWNLOAD - P:UKF Landrover Pack (v.1.1) - [30 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1460]DOWNLOAD - UKF Misc[/url]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1461]DOWNLOAD - UKF Shared[/url]

I have downloaded the additional files but can't seem to work out how to use the customisation options on the landrovers. Anyone?

Hey guys

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the black fractuals came back couldnt recreate it tho which is good news, just happened to have fraps running.

It looks like it came from the GPMG

34htelw.jpg

Nice update guys, unfortunately found a few issues in the .RPT file and the GMG sight has the same issue as the Jackal had when you look down the sight of the GMG on the landrover you get a blank screen, the HMG works now though.

I am using the hofixed version of UKF_shared from the Jackal post.

ukf_wmik_gmg_wld: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ukf_ukweps_cfg\ta01nsn_ca.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ukf_ukweps_cfg\scopering.paa.
class HitPoints::HitRGlass not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLGlass not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLF2Wheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitRF2Wheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLMWheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitRMWheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ukf_ukweps\sa80_ris\data\jerusalem_env_co.paa.

A couple of the issues above could be do to with the L115A3 that was also released.

Keep up the great work.

Hey guys

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the black fractuals came back couldnt recreate it tho which is good news, just happened to have fraps running.

It looks like it came from the GPMG

http://i47.tinypic.com/34htelw.jpg

Hmm, that's rather annoying to discover. Was pretty sure we'd squashed that since there were almost no instances of it happening in testing. The one time it did happen was down to the Javelin proxy on the bonnet; but UKF_Misc was updated since then and should have got rid of it.

You're 100%, definitely using the new UKF_shared.pbo and UKF_misc.pbo that we released yesterday? (UKF_shared has subsequently been updated - see below), and that you don't have any other versions lying around in another mod folder for example?

We just uploaded a V1.11 of UKF_Shared to fix the absent ACOG optics on the GMG.

UKF_shared V1.11 @ VOLCBAT

Edited by da12thMonkey

Cheers da12thMonkey, that one seems to have fixed the issue with the scope.

Still getting the others though although doesn't appear in-game.

ukf_wmik_gmg_wld: hide_brakes - unknown animation source hidebrakes
class HitPoints::HitRGlass not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLGlass not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLF2Wheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitRF2Wheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitLMWheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld
class HitPoints::HitRMWheel not found in ukf_wmik_gmg_wld

Edited by BearBison
to give more details

Nice update guys, unfortunately found a few issues in the .RPT file and the GMG sight has the same issue as the Jackal had when you look down the sight of the GMG on the landrover you get a blank screen, the HMG works now though.

I am using the hofixed version of UKF_shared from the Jackal post.

Can you just check that the version of shared.pbo that you're running is dated 28 June 2010, 17:51 (GMT).

I've tested the sights by only loading the jackals, land rovers, shared and misc in addition to vanilla ArmA 2 and have working optics for all GMGs with the hotfixed version of shared.

Be aware that the original mirror: http://www.volcbat.com/ukf_shared.rar wasn't updated until slightly later than the current mirror: http://www.volcbat.com/ukf_sharedv1_11.rar

Edit:- nevermind glad you got it sorted

Thanks for the report though. I'm trying my best to follow up on everything.

I'm thinking the hitpoints errors might be down to class inheritance; there's no references to those hitpoints in the config or the model.cfg. I'll see what I can do about them, but they shouldn't cause too much trouble as they are.

Edited by da12thMonkey

love the new stuff and enjoying it with stalkers units but i was wondering two things.

1) Is any one planning on making a config so that stalkers units are already in the vehicles?

2) IS the SUSAT reticle actually like that in real life or do you plan to change it?

cheers.

love the new stuff and enjoying it with stalkers units but i was wondering two things.

1) Is any one planning on making a config so that stalkers units are already in the vehicles?

Would be useful for people but we try not to make any of our addons dependant on anything but ukf_shared and ukf_misc so that people don't have to download any more than they really need to.

2) IS the SUSAT reticle actually like that in real life or do you plan to change it?

cheers.

Near enough:

susatcomparison.th.jpg

The middle of the obelisk's tip is partially transparent on the real one but I found that .pac/.paa compression made it difficult to get it to look right. If the transparent bit was as thin as it was supposed to be the whole thing just blurred together and ended up being opaque again.

The red tips on the SUSATs in the current weapon pack are due to the .rvmat shader for night-time illumination not working in ArmA 2 as they did in ArmA 1. This is fixed in the upcoming version and the sights will only glow red at night (as they do now on the vehicle HMGs).

Ahh cool looks about right would like to see the weapons without the red tip but other than that its all good, I'm not trying to sound pushy and i get why you dont but maybe you could put the config as an optional? So people dont feel they have to have it.

This is fixed in the upcoming version and the sights will only glow red at night (as they do now on the vehicle HMGs).

Have you changed the sounds of the weapons when firing in the upcoming version of UKF weapons?

Like the L85A2 for example.

Still getting this error with the latest "shared" and "misc" files:

Cannot load texture ukf_ukweps\sa80_ris\data\jerusalem_env_co.paa.

Guys just noticed that the snatch landrover textures and stuff are in the PBO of the addon is there any way to get them to work in the game or is it just a pipe dream to have some snatch landies in game.

(I un PBOed the wrong file and noticed it which is why I ask, no foul play involved or harm intended)

Also before i forget i have been having trouble with the sights of the landies. For some reason the dont want to work when i attempt to use 0 to aim, but then some times they change their mind and do work.

hi where i can download a config. for jackal or landrovers with baf crews or stalker units??

thanks

As far as im aware there isn't one available, you could make your own.

Hey guys!

I just downloaded this mod, and now I can't find this Landrovers in editor.

I have ukf_misc, ukf_shared and ukf_landrovers pbo's with signatures in my addon folder.

Who can help me?