Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Landrover Pack v1.1

I had that too yesterday by testing them, but was thinking its one of armas graphical "jokes" :s

Pathy, when you said visual glitches that no one else can replicate, do you mean something like 'black triangles' or somesort that coming out from the landrovers? Sorry dont have screenshot.

I have some kind of glitch that the black thing comes from the vehicles at certain distance. Then it goes back to normal if you move closer or further away from it.

Yup! Thats it! I'm delighted it's not just me going mad, but gutted others suffer it because i've no idea what causes it and thus no idea how to fix it. I do know that turning my gfx settings down helps, but I highly suspect it's to do with a model error or whatnot in one of the LODs.

If anyone can tell me why it happens and how to fix it, i'll put up an updated version.

Tried them yesterday, they looks great. It's even possible to do sideways, what a fun.

Thank you very much

Great work pathy! the landies are awsome :) just wodming if you or anyone else form pukf are releasing the snatch or pulse varients?

Nice work as always!

nope, they're staying firmly on my HDD given how unfinished (functionality wise) they are to make them worthwhile.

Yup! Thats it! I'm delighted it's not just me going mad, but gutted others suffer it because i've no idea what causes it and thus no idea how to fix it. I do know that turning my gfx settings down helps, but I highly suspect it's to do with a model error or whatnot in one of the LODs.

If anyone can tell me why it happens and how to fix it, i'll put up an updated version.

Black triangles coming out of a model could be caused by some non-closed structures inside ShadowVolume LODs. You could Structure->Topology->Find non-closed. But i'm not sure if this is the case.

That was my first thought too, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the case. Although....hmmm, I wonder if one of the proxies....*scuttles off to check*

Edit: Nope!

Edited by Pathy

As landrovers are of an interest to me, this is really the first time I've had a decent look at your stuff. Your main body texturing on 'Land Rover EWMIK HMG (WD)' is quite surperb.

Regarding your black triangles.

Are the black triangles proxy sized when seen or are they smaller?

Did you check every proxy triangles vert properties has 'Hidden' in every LoD they occur in? (They should be by default but something may have gone screwy along the way...) Also, every additional proxy within the sub-models directly referenced in this one. Perhaps.

PS. 'reverse', not 'reserve'...

Edited by Synide

shame on thieves.

If you're gonna call Pathy out in public for something, you might as well state the reasons why and the evidence to back it up, rather than cross spam his topics.

If you're gonna call Pathy out in public for something, you might as well state the reasons why and the evidence to back it up, rather than cross spam his topics.

Pretty sure he means the people that distributed PUKF's stuff (and provoked Pathy into releasing all this)? Not very useful either way :)

OMG....when you see the quality of this addon it is not necessary to say many words...what I said is enough

great addon but those black squares r very boring its a shame that nobody will fix a little bug like that also for the creator all that hard work and at end let that bug that yes its little but would make a big difference without it:j:

sorry for my english:cool:

Pretty sure he means the people that distributed PUKF's stuff (and provoked Pathy into releasing all this)? Not very useful either way :)

Ah, I was unaware of said events.

You're not trying hard enough? :P I know they can definately be killed, as I had great problems getting the damage textures to work and spent alot of time blowing them up to test....

Pathy, when you said visual glitches that no one else can replicate, do you mean something like 'black triangles' or somesort that coming out from the landrovers? Sorry dont have screenshot.

I have some kind of glitch that the black thing comes from the vehicles at certain distance. Then it goes back to normal if you move closer or further away from it.

This is screen shot to show similar error, I found it only comes out of mounted gun location. Will do some more testing to make sure other addons running at the same time dont conflict for some reason.

These are also what arma2.rpt file says.

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ukf_snatch/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model ukf_landrovers\gb_snatch_110.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ukf_snatch/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model ukf_landrovers\gb_snatch_110.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ukf_snatch/Turrets/2nd_Turret/: Turret body 2nd_Turret not found while initializing the model ukf_landrovers\gb_snatch_110.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ukf_snatch/Turrets/2nd_Turret/: Turret gun 2nd_Gun not found while initializing the model ukf_landrovers\gb_snatch_110.p3d

Screenie:

th_Gun_Spike_Error.jpg

th_Gun_Spike_Error3.jpg

Edit: Seems to be only, Land Rover EWMIK GMG (WD), Land Rover EWMIK GMG (DES) showing this error.

Edited by Goodboys

Also like to say many thanks for the Landies! Fine work. Also thanks for the Challenger II - fantastic. I have a 2 quick questions if I may:

1) I remember you had a excellent IFV Warrior also - any chance we will see this in the future?

2) I have been trying to implement an airlift script to drop the Landies into combat. I can get all of them to lift with the exception of the gpmg woodland version, making me think the classname may not be "ukf_wmik_gpmg_wld" as stated. Is it possible to get this confirmed please?

Thanks again for all your had work & a hex on the thieving ********!!!

It may be that I’m doing something very wrong but I cant seam to get infantry into the passenger seat, when given a get in command they just fill up the other 3 seats then the 4th man just stands outside. Ive tried scripting them in but after moveingunner and moveindriver I don’t know the command that will get someone in the passenger seat, have tried moveincommander but that don’t work.

If anyone can tell me the correct movein script or what I’m doing wrong id be very grateful, thanks.

I had to use moveInTurret to get the guy in that seat. Can't remember which turret path it was, might have been 0,1 or something.

By passenger seat do you mean the vehicle commander's seat up front with the GPMG or the gunner's jump-seat in the rear? There's not really a passenger seat on a WMIK per se.

The commander seat should be accessible by

this moveinturret [VEHICLENAME, [1]]

If that puts you on the main gun use 0 instead of 1 (main turret is accessible by moveingunner and moveinturret)

The jumpseat should be with moveincargo.