Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

... Floperation Gashpoint ...

i nearly had to make an appointment at the docs for busting a gut at this one... ty you made my day.

Sions response from months of being AFK.

"Nice..."

ROFL

Worst Developer Ever award goes to this muppet.

Templar is getting the good ole rooty toot toot, also from Codemasters.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

pmfao

think it says it all for CM lol

ah yes the noob effect....old but still excellent vid.. and so0o0o relevant.

Oh dear, so their exec has finally spoken again... wow.

And in such an unprofessional manner too! Either they believe that their game really IS the second coming and that everybody who doesn´t like it is just wrong, or they are really bad with dealing with criticism.

Which, I think, is one of the things you should be able to if you´re heading a large and so massively publicised gaming project. Games aren´t movies, you don´t just have to deal with Critics, but with the involvement of the actual consumers.

This snippish remark is either very immature of him, or he has a really thin skin.

I don´t know if his behaviour has anything to do with the game itself, though I would argue that the Community IS a part of the game, and that this one has just set out to summarily execute the last vestiges of hopefuls that are playing the game.

A good reminder for me, too, why I love BIS as a company, though. There´s more guts in there.

Edited by InstaGoat

Sions response from months of being AFK.

"Nice..."

ROFL

Worst Developer Ever award goes to this muppet.

Templar is getting the good ole rooty toot toot, also from Codemasters.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

From my first post:

1. No bashing of other users.
  2. No flaming of other users.
  3. No swearing ('crap' is not swearing).
  4. No namecalling (this includes CM moderators).
  5. No discussion how the CM Forums are moderated.
  6. No hotlinked pictures > 100 kb.
  7. No quoting of images/videos.
  8. No 'how do I' questions, use the CM Forums for product support.
  9. All other forum rules apply here too of course.
  10. Do not feed the trolls, report them instead or put them on ignore.

Which of the above points you ignored by your above post? :rolleyes:

Yeah we all know the sunken dragon surely would win any failed game award hands down, and that comment from Sion is a true slap in the face for every remaining fan of that ... game but could we please stop the insults and act more mature than the 'other side', thanks. :)

Edited by W0lle

From my first post:

Which of the above points you ignored by your above post? :rolleyes:

Yeah we all know the sunken dragon surely would win any failed game award hands down, and that comment from Sion is a true slap in the face for every remaining fan of that ... game but could we please stop the insults and act more mature than the 'other side', thanks. :)

Point taken W0lle.

BIS all I can say is that you kick serious Butt. :yay:

Drive CM out of the Tactical/mil sim shooter market while you're at it. :D

Drive CM out of the Tactical/mil sim shooter market while you're at it. :D

Codemasters is more than incapable enough to do that themselves.

I love this vid :

Shortly before released, Sion showing off one of the later levels in the campaign.

He repeatedly emphasizes the size of the island and how it's completely free roam and you can go anywhere and do anything.

But the best part is right near the end where he shoots his own team mate in the back of the head, killing him, then 10 seconds later he says "did I shoot my own team mate? oh no, it's ok, he ducked"

all joking aside, you can't help feeling sorry for what left of the DR community, in all the time they waited for information and they just get hostility from the Exec producer.

It beggars belief that CM would do that to there own product?

My hat goes off to templarGFX for sticking with this, a community needs strong supporters and he has far out supported this title to the hilt.

His work with the limited resources available has been very impressive.

Unfortunately my time playing DR has now finished as it was cooking my 9800GX2 alive since patch 1.02, CM basically turned patch 1.02 into a PC killer.

Unfortunately my time playing DR has now finished as it was cooking my 9800GX2 alive since patch 1.02, CM basically turned patch 1.02 into a PC killer.

Quite literally from all accounts. How the hell did that pass Q&A? They's a MAJOR bug, or maybe all their test rigs are cooled by liquid nitrogen or something.

That sounds like a really eff'd up problem.

With the apparent PC Killer Patch, they are probably hoping that the PC players of Shame Rising are just going to stop bothering and therefore stop bothering them on the forums - to simply go away.

Looking back at the last few months since the release, (or discharge), of DR's spectacular failure, it really is gratifying to be on the BI side of the fence. Its...

...Nice.

(Do you see what I did there, I moved the "..." to the other side of "Nice").

LOL.

When your awake at 2am, reading a post like that makes you happy :D

quote:

Originally posted by mrmarmite view post

holy, mother o' jesus...

Sion you're alive!

No he was only shot in the head... Hes bleeding but its nothing serious.

lol. :d

Apprently I shouldnt have posted that thread, it resulted in 8 people being banned, and about 10 getting infractions up to the limit.

CM's communication even with me has been super limited of late, but I never thought they'd stoop to such levels. Im guessing the only reason I didnt get banned was because of my mods.. lucky

Apprently I shouldnt have posted that thread, it resulted in 8 people being banned, and about 10 getting infractions up to the limit.

CM's communication even with me has been super limited of late, but I never thought they'd stoop to such levels. Im guessing the only reason I didnt get banned was because of my mods.. lucky

Nothing in that thread is new, it's just some people who are getting the picture now.... better later than never!

Nice....:cryy:

Edited by gulag

some crazy shit was going down they were banning people left right and centre.

Well I don't own the game but I do respect that someone like you dedicates ones time to improve what is faulty. Clearly CM ain't interested in that...

Nice...

Wow... that´s pretty harsh. I thought it was only two or three people getting the hammer, but that would´ve been pretty bad to begin with.

But 8?

It looks as if they´re completely unwilling or unable to back up their game against any kind of criticism. Whereas BIS devs can be found justifying their design choices, for example this stupendously complicated and clumsy command interface, or why they keep 3rd person view in.

And not one liner replies and trigger-happy banning sprees.

And most of them hardly did something to garner a ban. But still, we're not supposed to discuss how they moderate their forum.

I do think they're just trying to kill off the game now. They don't give a shit, won't give a shit, and never have given a shit. It was a money-grab that in turn destroyed the reputation behind the OFP name, and if that was their target, then they were 100% successful. I just hope that it's the last of CM's endeavors with the OFP name, but we all know how much they like to piss us off and take our money...

Let us hope that by destroying the OFP name the ARMA name will get more focus.

If CM had managed to make a half decent game people would see that as the OFP-2 and continue living on in the illusion that they continue on with the serie.

As it is now people (atleast old OFP-people) will probably check out what arma is about and realise that arma really is the true OFP-successor.

My point is; maybe its for the best that the OFP name died. BIS doesnt gain anything from that name anymore, nor do we. Its a shame that BIS coudnt continue using that name as it would mean less confusion, but as the reality is I think its better the faster the OFP name dies. For that CM did a good job.

Edited by andersson

And not one liner replies and trigger-happy banning sprees.

Although I'm sure there'll be plenty of infractions if you lot keep talking about how the other forum is moderated (being that it's one of the key rules on this thread)