Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

I'm in the same boat got totally overloaded to the point where I'm not even looking at arma2 stuff anymore.

Good luck eddie.

Southy

Moar?

leo_1.jpg

leo_2.jpg

leo_3.jpg

leo_4.jpg

If anybody wants to help wld with PRACS, it would sure help to get this stuff out faster for the rest of you guys...

I'm tempted to go and learn to model and texture and whatnot if I had the damned time....

Indeed.

I'm trying, but it's slow learning for me... it seems as though I'm destined only to be a lowly photographer. :(

Edited by Ballistic09

i can do the shameful task of creating geo lods.. lol

I'm tempted to go and learn to model and texture and whatnot if I had the damned time....

Hm yep I have a good knowledge of updating units to ArmA2 with all the requirements, but then again with promised work on CWR and my work on the Stargate Mod I would be quartering myself :p .

Take your time...

As a side note, perfection is something that is rarely achieved and might drain the hobbyist's energy.

Maybe work in modular releases, like first release infantry, then cars, tanks, airplanes so that the workload doesn't rise to OMGWTFLOL levels.

Icewindo is right. At this point you should probably halt everything that isn't almost finished. Finish what you can to a bugfree state and go for the first release. I can see that you already have plenty of addons for a good amount of scenarios so that's nothing to sneeze at. You could also save time by cutting any special features that may be too complicated for a small group to properly test and manage. I'm pretty sure most players will prefer simple quality addons than complex and unstable script monsters anyway ;).

That would be indeed a good idea. I could live with fewer units in the first release. High quality addons take their time and work to create, that's for sure. Releases in waves could take away some pressure and getting interested people to give feedback.

Icewindo is right. At this point you should probably halt everything that isn't almost finished. Finish what you can to a bugfree state and go for the first release. I can see that you already have plenty of addons for a good amount of scenarios so that's nothing to sneeze at. You could also save time by cutting any special features that may be too complicated for a small group to properly test and manage. I'm pretty sure most players will prefer simple quality addons than complex and unstable script monsters anyway ;).

In a round about way thats exactly what im doing.

I actually have a few addons wich are completely bug free and ready for release now. I just dont want to release infantry with nothing for them to ride in or tanks without anyone to support, etc etc....

Very, very good looking tanks!

And indeed, if there's so low tempo in production due to lack of manpower then there might be time to reconsider releasing some stuff to feed the hungry masses, and to relieve some pressure off the PRACS team.

Get it out in bundles as things get done. In the end it can all be repacked into a single mod anyway. And not that I know, but I assume the pbo structure is modular already with soldiers in one pbo, weapons in another, and so on?

It can definitely help one own's sense of accomplishment to get something out. To get something done. And help give energy to be able to finish the rest. :)

Edit: Oh and if you want infantry with some support. Why not release the infantry and M113? That's something nice to ride in, and it has a juicy .50 to provide fire support, fitting for a "Mechanized Infantry" pack. And IFVs/MBTs can be saved for a while longer. Just tossing out suggestions of different bundles here :)

Edited by Inkompetent

Besides, CAA1 has brought UH-60, T-72, M113, M113 Ambulance and M163 Vulcan to ArmA II (without crews and pilots of course). I know it's not ArmA II or even PRACS standard, but it'll help creating missions in the early stages. Those units could be place holders until the 'real' PRACS version will be released. What do you think?

That's true. But it wouldn't be a problem for RACS missions on Sahrani & Co. However placeholders can easily be replaced in the mission.sqm via search & replace.

So far he has most of the infantry done, a mirage II and an F-16 with no (i think they have all been fixed) errors, an armor pack with 3 M113s & a T-72, and i know he plans on more than that 1 Leo. Oh, he also has a nice helo pack that is waiting on some things.

I think all he plans on doing after those, is probably the truck pack. Which is just waiting on one small piece to be done before it's complete.

thanks for getting the pics up ballistic....

I anm throwing up a white flag here.....

If anyone mean anyone can help me get our artillery pieces to work with the artillery module please give me a PM. thanks

yes please get in touch on msn

Something I will be working on, until it surpasses my abilities and I must beg, scream, and plead for help. (Just kidding. The straight import is fairly easy, only 2-3 bugs, the real issue will be retexturing, and then a fancy bit of code to lock vehicles in place)

Suits the Marines doesn't it?

racslcu.jpg

I just threw a BWMod Leopard in there to see if a leopard sized tank would fit, and it does. Once I get everything else done I would need somebody to create a "tiedown" script that uses AttachTo, but I think that when the script is enabled, the passenger slots should be locked.

racslcu2.jpg

--*Edit*--

Does anybody know a reason TexView 2 would crash upon opening a paa?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I dont think you can make them disappear, but what you could do is animate the cargo proxies (translate them closer together towards ends) so that you open an area for the tank/vehicle.

Unfortunately the vehicles still can't be lashed down just anywhere.

Well right now I am operating under the assumption that bk1276 won't be able to find the mlod, which means anything I do would most likely be scripted. So there is no way to "lock" the "back seats" of the vehicle when the script is in effect? Also I thought you could attach vehicles anywhere using AttachTo, what happened as far as that goes?

Anyways, the main thread for this is back in the main discussion section, I'm only going to post stuff about it here when I have it Sahrani-ified. (lol)

A few shots of the infantry:

RACS paratroopers return fire after being ambushed by local Taliban militia.

hellm_2.jpg

hellm_3.jpg

Soldiers from the RACS 1st Infantry Division secure an LZ for a medivac chopper after an IED hit their armored personnel carrier.

hellm_1.jpg