Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Wow, this update is a far cry from when it got ported to ArmA II. You've actually managed to make it better. :D

Hi, was out hiking and came across this bridge which can not be passed - you can shoot across it but not walk across it:

Bridge_Panthera_zps4a1fc3e7.jpg

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless
IMG issues

Thank you for the new update IceBreakr, can't wait to test it. It's my favourite island but unfortunately there are few missions for it.

You said you was going to release a Mission Pack with the new version. I would be very grateful if you post a link. I'm dying for it! :-)

Thank you!

Likewise

Whilst the mission pack arrives, can anyone recommend some good missions for Panthera?

I've found these few:

co@_20_into_the_hills_v1.21

coop_rip_panth_nightcap

hunt_waldo_2_panthera

Operation_3a_Dust_Off_v1.1

Operation_Blowdown

But seeing as they're 2+ years old, I'm not confident they'll work work with the new version.

Actually I found a more recent mission (Crashed Co-05 (@)) but it's ACE-specific. Shame 'cos it sounds great (SERE).

Edited by domokun

Update to my previous post... The building that is identified as "hut-old2" in the map has a terrible problem with its shadows.

The shadows are not "connected" to the building, and they are visible through other buildings, and land masses.

Is it a BIS building, or an ibr building?

1. I'm sorry about the bridges, I can replace them if someone fixes an issue, its a default BIS object btw. At least you can drive across ;)

2. hut_old02 has been fixed in latest ibr_plants (BIS didn't fix the CA/buildings object in couple of years!) so make sure you're not using old ibr_plants included with the Lingor release.

3. Missions... are being prepared. Any interestents in ACE & Panthera coop event?

1. I'm sorry about the bridges, I can replace them if someone fixes an issue, its a default BIS object btw. At least you can drive across ;)

2. hut_old02 has been fixed in latest ibr_plants (BIS didn't fix the CA/buildings object in couple of years!) so make sure you're not using old ibr_plants included with the Lingor release.

3. Missions... are being prepared. Any interestents in ACE & Panthera coop event?

I am using the "ibr_plants" that came with the latest Panthera update...

I also get an error when loading the island that says: "cannot load texture "ca\plants\data\jablon_3_non.paa"

Again, you're not using the file supplied with Panthera. It must active from some other folders / mods...

Jablon is used from ibr_rn.pbo, so check that you don't have any old versions of that, too.

out of curiosity, is the reason for no window glass in buildings the arma bug that you can't shoot out of windows?

Thx i will make sure to forward the message to the L.A.M.B.S players.

Unfortunatly i might have a problem to join, for some reason the gameserver does not want to accknowledge my ACR light dlc (altough its in the system and units work fine). Im not able to update since the installer does not recognise that i have version 1.62 and wants me to update.

Please PM me a mission start time or post it here if possible.

http://www.nopryl.no/smfprod/index.php?topic=4631.msg55743#msg55743

And as for missions, yes a campaign is WIP as we speak..However due to RL it will take some time to complete.

Sjaba...

Edited by Sjaba

You are right - I tried in a Humvee and I was like WTF ? Really hard to be a BI fanboi with these kind of glitches, LOL :)

Again, you're not using the file supplied with Panthera. It must active from some other folders / mods...

Jablon is used from ibr_rn.pbo, so check that you don't have any old versions of that, too.

Found the problem with the jablon texture!!

There is a conflict with another addon called "OPXplants", which goes with another island, and contains it's own version of the jablon.

I removed the opxplants addon, and Panthera loaded with no missing texture messages.

(There is also a "opxbuildings" addon...so I would be willing to bet the problem with "hut_old02" lies within it.)

Now, I just have to figure out which island opxplants goes with...and figure out a work around.

We'll be hosting an opening ceremony event on new Panthera this Thursday at 2200 hours CET (2100 UK). There will be an airshow by our team and an interesting MP story event of all joining players against our team.

So far needed: ACE+ACEX+latest Panthera

More info on the event soon.

Small sneak peak video:

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey IceBreakr, great map man, some damn fine craftsmanship put to good use. I just wish it saw a little more public play than DayZ play, but still a great map none the less. Keep 'em coming.

SBP Team is organizing a multiplayer event - an opening ceremony for new Panthera update:

SBP Powershow.

airshow.jpg

Airshow & TvT Mission (SBP & Dictator IceBreakr vs All)

When?

January 10, at 2200 CET (2100 UK)

All info available here!

I hope you come in great numbers so we can host a nice airshow and a fun story event right after that!

Edited by IceBreakr

Maybe just a wild guess but maybe Mondkalb or any of CWR2 island makers do know how to make bridges smooth so AI can use/walk on them? If I don't mix it up Nogova bridge does work...

Thanks for the offer to join an event that looks like it could be a lot of fun. I would join, however I do not use ACE so that is my main issue. I could of course install it but it would not be fair to any teammates that I am fumbling around in an unfamiliar Gear menu while we are under fire :) If you are considering any non-ACE events, please announce them like you did with this one

Thanks,

OP

Its not that different. Only big difference is that you use two keys right of Alt Gr for action menus. Otherwise, no big changes. Especially for the event we're hosting tommorow.

Hi Icebreakr, i love all your islands, but I like that (the island Panthera) had no desert area, is very ugly, and the change of sites,zones is very abrupt, Slovenia has no deserts like the Sahara ... L:eek:L ... you can make a version without the desert zone?....please? please?:o

Edited by LDU30

I'll try convincing island authorities to do some "terraforming" at that region ;)

Really? wow.You talks with the Pantheras president, could do a nation wide program to plant massively trees and grass.xD.Thanks

A hug

Edited by LDU30