Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Harzach: yeah I know what are they up to. I don't allow any of my content in A3 alpha or later versions. Until at least we get some proper official tools...

Harzach: yeah I know what are they up to. I don't allow any of my content in A3 alpha or later versions. Until at least we get some proper official tools...

Sorry to be a little off topic but has there been any indication from BI on tool release if any? I may finally jump into the modding scene once they are released. Thanks IB.

Sorry to be a little off topic but has there been any indication from BI on tool release if any? I may finally jump into the modding scene once they are released. Thanks IB.

Pretty sure the only word we'll ever get on anything is "when we're ready".

I am using kju’s at the moment and will be using sakura chan’s when released. They are not porting peoples work over, just providing tools to do it if they want. Provided everyone sticks to the eula’s given out with mods I can’t really see a problem if its for personal use.

What kju and sakura chan are doing is great, I play lots of arma islands in a2, now most will be possible to play in a3, obviously as with arma to arma 2 islands there will be small problems, but provided your willing to put up with those then its good, just progression of content, I think.. I also loved caa1, great addition to the community.

Will be nice to play Panthera in A3, if at some stage it can be..

I am using kju’s at the moment and will be using sakura chan’s when released. They are not porting peoples work over, just providing tools to do it if they want. Provided everyone sticks to the eula’s given out with mods I can’t really see a problem if its for personal use.

What kju and sakura chan are doing is great, I play lots of arma islands in a2, now most will be possible to play in a3, obviously as with arma to arma 2 islands there will be small problems, but provided your willing to put up with those then its good, just progression of content, I think.. I also loved caa1, great addition to the community.

Will be nice to play Panthera in A3, if at some stage it can be..

Yeah, that was my point - what they are doing will allow anyone to use any third-party map, or in the case of All in Arma, third-party content in general, in Arma III. While the Arma community is one of the more mature and respectful gaming communities out there, there are still many who will be happy to disregard the intentions and desires of the content creators. It is an unfortunate truth that content creators will soon be facing, that's all I was trying to say.

Personally, I'd never use "ported" content on my server/in my clan missions unless it was officially sanctioned by the creator.

Hoping this turns out to be far less of a headache than I'm making it out to be.

Edited by Harzach

Yeah, that was my point - what they are doing will allow anyone to use any third-party map, or in the case of All in Arma, third-party content in general, in Arma III. While the Arma community is one of the more mature and respectful gaming communities out there, there are still many who will be happy to disregard the intentions and desires of the content creators. It is an unfortunate truth that content creators will soon be facing, that's all I was trying to say.

Personally, I'd never use "ported" content on my server/in my clan missions unless it was officially sanctioned by the creator.

Hoping this turns out to be far less of a headache than I'm making it out to be.

Your quite right, when dealing with a server, as you say, get the permission first. Although with the 'eula' provided, as long as its not money making, then there is no real need to, but its correct and polite to ask..

After downloading Panthera, I ran into several ctd's while roaming the island. I had explored the island without any problems for about 40 minutes, and then I decided to enable Operation Frenchpoint, and it was while playing as a Frenchpoint unit when I ran into the first ctd. So, I disabled Frenchpoint, but still had more crashes. Could there be another mod conflicting with Panthera? I am making several scenarios using Frenchpoint and I thought that Panthera would be a great place to try out.

Edited by Keville

Keville: must be another mod you're having a problem with. Try a fresh reinstall. I've played 100s of hours on island without a CTD.

Hi!

Just a heads-up here, I can't pass across most of the bridges on foot, only with vehicles :confused:

I'm using the lastest version available, any clue on how to fix this? Or is it link to the map itself?

Thank you :)

There is a problem with a new bridge made by BI. I need to replace back all the bridges or even better: if someone made me a new one I would gladly do the update.

There is a problem with a new bridge made by BI. I need to replace back all the bridges or even better: if someone made me a new one I would gladly do the update.

Guys can i use this mod map in arma 3? without owning arma 2 and AIA. i downloaded it and it worked but got ctd everytime.

thanks

Sorry, this map is not allowed to be used outside of A2/OA. See the readme file. But be sure I'll remake Panthera for A3 when BIS releases proper map editing tools for it (rvmaps, roadtool, etc.).

Can't wait!

EDIT: Will there be an Audi R8 for us to drive around in too? ;)

Edited by Slatts

Slatts: sorry, you'll have to fly over in RL to enjoy a roadtrip like that ;) or I can drive you with Ifrit if you join our squadnight in November ;)

Slatts: sorry, you'll have to fly over in RL to enjoy a roadtrip like that ;) or I can drive you with Ifrit if you join our squadnight in November ;)

Both offers are tempting :p

I, too, am greatly looking forward to seeing this in A3 (even if it doesn't have ponds ;)). This was one of the prettiest maps in ArmA 2.

Thank you Beazley. Its my "first love", so current update in A3:

- roads done, some breakings at curves are visible but nothing major

- objects all work (AiA is required!) except that bridge near Jesenice (car hits an invisible obstacle, but infantry can pass), all other bridges work fine, too (inc. AI!).

- lighting tweaks, map looks amazing in different weather/time settings!

- it seems BIS removed snow particles in A3 winter months, I'll see if that can be scripted somehow :/

- release: November.

Thank you very much for the update, IB!

I am now awaiting next month with great alacrity.

I should hasten to add that I won't be disappointed if it's delayed. Panthera is wonderful, and deserves to be done right.

- bridges have been fixed and roads are now in as shapes not objects.

- ponds are missing as BIS didn't provide one yet for A3 nor the solution

- new isle/area has been added to Southwest (never liked that area much, that will change now) and it will go well with raptors, t-rexes and such ;)

- release still planned for this month

My other A2 islands will follow shorty now I know most of new engine/tools tricks ;)

Update:

- new small isle moved to NE part, big around ~2x2.5km

- includes a "safari park"

- various road fixes (less bumpy)

- internal test tommorow with my team