dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

So any updates on the update which has those awesome grenade explosion effects?

Ok can I report a bug. It's kinda important. For me atleast, no matter how far away I am, the fire sound is still as if I am RIGHT next to it. It's extremely loud. Almost as loud as the damn obnoxious ocean sound. It's extremely bassy so it gets annoying afterawhile as well. I LOVE the effects, but the sound needs to go away if Im on the other side of the map, a total immersion breaker because I cant hear ANYTHING else but the fire. :(

Please tell me its not just me.

The sound issue is something D knows about, and has a planned "fix" for.

He's not available to do much with this now, or in the near future, but looks forward to getting back to this as soon as he can. :)

I'm using JTD fireandsmoke with GL4_SFXE_v-1-1-87 and I'm getting both working at the same time.

I clicked on JTD fireandsmoke pbo, installed everything and clicked on GL4 system.pbo. In mod launcher I clicked off JTD fireandsmoke and left GL4 clicked.

Having both clicked in mod launcher will cause one to counter act the other.

Has anyone tried this?

Guys I have a problem .... I can't run this mod .. I use modfolders and editing the shortcut and without modfolder just in the original folder of arma 2 ''addons'' .. I have and some other mod's like ACE , ACEX , WarFX ,fcourse CBA and patch 1.4 .... I just don't know why ? I do everything like in the read me file but ... and sorry for my english if I wrong something

Guys I have a problem .... I can't run this mod .. I use modfolders and editing the shortcut and without modfolder just in the original folder of arma 2 ''addons'' .. I have and some other mod's like ACE , ACEX , WarFX ,fcourse CBA and patch 1.4 .... I just don't know why ? I do everything like in the read me file but ... and sorry for my english if I wrong something

Don't put anything in the original AddOns folder. Make mod folders.

yea , I'm new here sorry . I uninstall my arma II and use modfolder again without any files in original folder addons but .....

I would suggest to make JTD FAS, like the GL4 burning effects. I mean when you get to close to the fire in GL4 (burning buildings i.e.) you will catch fire and the character begins to shout and cry. Right now when units get in contact with the JTD forest fire you don't see and hear any effects of hurting them. It eventually kills them though :)

who can help me ... now I'm uninstalling arma (again) and who can tell me from what I need (what mods , addons , patch, crack's and everything) to start this mod ..... I make all like in the read me but... nothing

@marinski

You do got ArmA 2 right? If ya do download this mod it will have an folder in it, it would say @JTD. Thats the folder that just goes in the ArmA 2 folder not its addons folder or any other folder, just the ArmA 2 folder. Now click your right mouse button on the ArmA 2 icon on your desktop, click on properties, now there will be an Target: with other stuff in it, you need to put this in that Target: -mod=@JTD thats all. Try that out see if you can get it going.

Hi Marinski, sorry to hear you're having problems with JTD Fire & Smoke. I'm sure the problem will eventually turn out to be something trivial, it usually does :)

As a basic check-list, try the following:

1. The @JTD folder should have an Addons folder inside it. The JTD_FireAndSmoke.pbo goes into this ArmA2\@JTD\Addons folder.

2. The file JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp goes into your ArmA2\userconfig\JTD folder. If you don't have such a folder, make one.

3. The game desktop shortcut needs to be modified, right-click it and add this to the end of the "target" text field:

-mod=@JTD

so that it looks something like this:

"O:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@JTD

Note that the -mod=@JTD goes outside the quotation marks.

Hope this gets you going :)

I try this many time's but is still unworking .. Now I'm thinking to change the ArmA II (now I'm with Reloaded version) ... I don't know how it's possible I just make all ... one of my friends make this and work perfect , but on my arma .... it's verry ugly to see the orange flames without realistic smoke

I try this many time's but is still unworking .. Now I'm thinking to change the ArmA II (now I'm with Reloaded version) ... I don't know how it's possible I just make all ... one of my friends make this and work perfect , but on my arma .... it's verry ugly to see the orange flames without realistic smoke

Then ask your questions where you obtained your "Reloaded" version from. We do not support piracy here. If you don't feel like paying for the game then we don't feel like supporting you.

Account suspended until proof of purchase is provided.

This addons could really enhance the battlefield's ambient. But I met the error-"cannot load: ca/misc/data/fuelcan_b_co.paa",did this occur to anybody?

Then ask your questions where you obtained your "Reloaded" version from. We do not support piracy here. If you don't feel like paying for the game then we don't feel like supporting you.

Account suspended until proof of purchase is provided.

How can you suspend someones account, for saying that. He could very well have purchased the product, but use different version for some reason.

I my self buy all my games, but 90% of the time i use version of the game without copy protection. Oh, and yes i can provide proof of my purchase.

I'm really starting to dislike your way of moderation.

Piracy is a bad thing, and you could have sent him a pm about this. Maybe you could have even, asked for a proof of ownership of the orginal, BUT you do not ban or suspend accounts like that.

Erm, what was this thread about again? :386: :j:

Btw, is this still being worked on so we may reckon with an update? :o

This addons could really enhance the battlefield's ambient. But I met the error-"cannot load: ca/misc/data/fuelcan_b_co.paa",did this occur to anybody?

This does not sound like any problem connected to FAS.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Btw, is this still being worked on so we may reckon with an update? :o

Operation Arrowhead is released at the end of this month, I will make sure it works in that and probably will make another update containing fixes and enhancements.

Edited by DMarkwick

But I met the error-"cannot load: ca/misc/data/fuelcan_b_co.paa",did this occur to anybody?

I have seen that error with a vanilla install. Basically, I think BI either forgot that texture, or has the wrong path in the config.

Operation Arrowhead is released at the end of this month, I will make sure it works in that and probably will make another update containing fixes and enhancements.

Thank you!!

This is actually the first mod on my list to try in OA. It just makes the game feel so much more realistic and immersive. I can imagine looking down from one of Takistans mountains and seeing a whole village in flames.....thanks to this amazing mod! :yay:

Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait for the update. Will it fix that sound bug...you know the one where you can practically hear the fire for MILES.

Can JTD fire and smoke add an ascending plume of smoke and maybe some falling sparks to parachute and other flares?

it won't work for me. It keeps saying "Cannot load texture"

Is it an object you put down? (the smoke) or is it from exploding tanks and stuff? Cuz neither work.

I followed the directions it just won't work.

Is it because I'm using the ArmA 2 Launcher? or because I got ArmA 2 off steam?

Hm, by instantly watching the flames and smoke after an explosion, the whole animation (flames and lower smoke clouds) seem to run too fast while raising up. Can this be fixed?