dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

DMarkwick,

Firstly thank you for all your hard work on this mod, its an outstanding mod.

Secondly and more importantly of course are my condolences and sympathy for you at this difficult time. Try to find your strength in the Lord as he will always hold you up and never let you down. Your in my prayers mate.

Regards

Bp

DMarkwick - you may not know me from anyone here, but I wanted you to know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. It may seem like little consolation, and I don't know what happened - but know there are people out here wishing you well. Please take care, and thank you for your amazing mods.

-jpinard

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to DMarkwick. Love to you and yours.

Secondly, has anyone else got a bug with the FAS addon? my smoke is moving way too fast and it causes the fire to rotate....

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to DMarkwick. Love to you and yours.

Secondly, has anyone else got a bug with the FAS addon? my smoke is moving way too fast and it causes the fire to rotate....

Are you using WarFX Particles mod? that causes the spinning fire. This mod works fine for me but when i use the above mod the fire spins around. :butbut:

Are you using WarFX Particles mod? that causes the spinning fire. This mod works fine for me but when i use the above mod the fire spins around. :butbut:

I can confirm this.

I cannot see how another addon could interfere with FAS, it's designed to be as independant as possible, aside from its CBA dependancy. All textures & code are self-contained.

I cannot see how another addon could interfere with FAS, it's designed to be as independant as possible, aside from its CBA dependancy. All textures & code are self-contained.

It does not, the other addon is what causes the spinning fire not this addon. :)

Also OA causes the smoke to rise and dissapate far too quickly. Other than that its all good. I love this addon so much. Just thought I would say so. :D

was just trying to find any info, if the mod was already compatible with OA cause its also one of my favorites mods/addon and found all these statements through the pages here.

DMarkwick - you may not know me from anyone here, but I wanted you to know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. It may seem like little consolation, and I don't know what happened - but know there are people out here wishing you well. Please take care, and thank you for your amazing mods. -jpinard

same here dude....the thougts and prayers of the community are with ya....god bless!

was just trying to find any info, if the mod was already compatible with OA cause its also one of my favorites mods/addon and found all these statements through the pages here.

It is "compatible" in the sense that it should not have any errors (other than what would've been there in A2). :)

This can be used to get certain OA objects "into" the FAS array.

As an interim measure, I can provide a small improvement to FAS, in the form of a new JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES array for the config file. It includes new trees for OA and also for the Isla Duala map. Simply replace the array definition in the ArmA2\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp file with this one:

#define JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES ["T_ACER2S.P3D","T_ALNUS2S.P3D","T_BETULA1F.P3D","T_BETULA2F.P3D","T_BETULA2S.P3D","T_BETULA2W.P3D","T_CARPINUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2F.P3D","T_FAGUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2W.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2S.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2W.P3D","T_LARIX3F.P3D","T_LARIX3S.P3D","T_MALUS1S.P3D","T_PICEA1S.P3D","T_PICEA2S.P3D","T_PICEA3F.P3D","T_PINUSN1S.P3D","T_PINUSN2S.P3D","T_PINUSS2F.P3D","T_POPULUS3S.P3D","T_PYRUS2S.P3D","T_QUERCUS2F.P3D","T_QUERCUS3S.P3D","T_SALIX2S.P3D","T_SORBUS2S.P3D","T_STUB_PICEA.P3D","DD_BOROVICE.P3D","DD_BOROVICE02.P3D","DD_BUSH01.P3D","DD_BUSH02.P3D","HRUSEN2.P3D","JABLON.P3D","KER BUXUS.P3D","KER DERAVEJ.P3D","KER PICHLAVEJ.P3D","KROVI.P3D","KROVI2.P3D","KROVI4.P3D","KROVI_BIGEST.P3D","KROVI_LONG.P3D","LES_BUK.P3D","LES_DUB.P3D","LES_DUB_JINY.P3D","LES_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM_B.P3D","OLIVIA.P3D","PALMTEST.P3D","PALM_01.P3D","PALM_02.P3D","PALM_03.P3D","PALM_04.P3D","PALM_09.P3D","PALM_10.P3D","SMRK_SIROKY.P3D","SMRK_VELKY.P3D","STR BRIZA.P3D","STR BUK.P3D","STR DUB JINY.P3D","STR DUB.P3D","STR HABR.P3D","STR JAVOR.P3D","STR JERABINA.P3D","STR KASTAN.P3D","STR KROVISKO VYSOKE.P3D","STR LIPA.P3D","STR OSIKA.P3D","STR TRNKA.P3D","STR VRBA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_KRIVA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_ROVNA.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK_KER.P3D","STR_LISKAC.P3D","STR_PINIE.P3D","STR_TOPOL.P3D","STR_TOPOL2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_1.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANDOUMPALM_1.P3D","BRG_ALOE1.P3D","BRG_ALOE2.P3D","BRG_ALOE3.P3D","BRG_BAOBAB_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_2.P3D","BRG_BIRD_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_1.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_2.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_4.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_1.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_1.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_3.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_4.P3D","BRG_DEADSTUFF1.P3D","BRG_ELEGRASS_1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_NEW01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB2.P3D","T_AMYGDALUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_FICUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_JUNIPERUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSE2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSS3S_EP1.P3D","T_PISTACIAL2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSF2S_EP1.P3D","T_PRUNUSS2S_EP1.P3D"]

And FAS will continue to burn trees in Takistan & Isla Duala as well as generate startled birds in them.

hello all!

maybe interesting whats wrongs in Russia now. Forest fires comes on all of west Russia.

its hell on Earth http://video.yandex.ru/users/a-efreemov/view/49/

maps of local fire http://pozhar.yandex.ru/

its time now +GMT 03 Moscow 17:23

wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Russian_wildfires

I'd urge them to uninstall this mod and try again.

hello all!

maybe interesting whats wrongs in Russia now. Forest fires comes on all of west Russia.

its hell on Earth http://video.yandex.ru/users/a-efreemov/view/49/

maps of local fire http://pozhar.yandex.ru/

its time now +GMT 03 Moscow 17:23

wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Russian_wildfires

Why would be interested in reading that here? Don't get me wrong, it's a tragedy and I wish the people effected well but this is a thread about JTD FAS not wildfires in Russia.

Wrong place to post this info.

Hey dudes, there is an updated version of WARFX circeling around (no more rotating fireballs) and I wanted to ask if you guys also think about updating JTD ?

There's no need for an update, FAS works with OA since release. You might want to add the OA tree classes to your .hpp file though:

As you'll probably already know by now, you can still use FAS in OA using either an older CBA version, or it's latest OA fixed version. Thanks to the CBA team for that.

As an interim measure, I can provide a small improvement to FAS, in the form of a new JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES array for the config file. It includes new trees for OA and also for the Isla Duala map. Simply replace the array definition in the ArmA2\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp file with this one:

#define JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES ["T_ACER2S.P3D","T_ALNUS2S.P3D","T_BETULA1F.P3D","T_BETULA2F.P3D","T_BETULA2S.P3D","T_BETULA2W.P3D","T_CARPINUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2F.P3D","T_FAGUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2W.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2S.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2W.P3D","T_LARIX3F.P3D","T_LARIX3S.P3D","T_MALUS1S.P3D","T_PICEA1S.P3D","T_PICEA2S.P3D","T_PICEA3F.P3D","T_PINUSN1S.P3D","T_PINUSN2S.P3D","T_PINUSS2F.P3D","T_POPULUS3S.P3D","T_PYRUS2S.P3D","T_QUERCUS2F.P3D","T_QUERCUS3S.P3D","T_SALIX2S.P3D","T_SORBUS2S.P3D","T_STUB_PICEA.P3D","DD_BOROVICE.P3D","DD_BOROVICE02.P3D","DD_BUSH01.P3D","DD_BUSH02.P3D","HRUSEN2.P3D","JABLON.P3D","KER BUXUS.P3D","KER DERAVEJ.P3D","KER PICHLAVEJ.P3D","KROVI.P3D","KROVI2.P3D","KROVI4.P3D","KROVI_BIGEST.P3D","KROVI_LONG.P3D","LES_BUK.P3D","LES_DUB.P3D","LES_DUB_JINY.P3D","LES_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM_B.P3D","OLIVIA.P3D","PALMTEST.P3D","PALM_01.P3D","PALM_02.P3D","PALM_03.P3D","PALM_04.P3D","PALM_09.P3D","PALM_10.P3D","SMRK_SIROKY.P3D","SMRK_VELKY.P3D","STR BRIZA.P3D","STR BUK.P3D","STR DUB JINY.P3D","STR DUB.P3D","STR HABR.P3D","STR JAVOR.P3D","STR JERABINA.P3D","STR KASTAN.P3D","STR KROVISKO VYSOKE.P3D","STR LIPA.P3D","STR OSIKA.P3D","STR TRNKA.P3D","STR VRBA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_KRIVA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_ROVNA.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK_KER.P3D","STR_LISKAC.P3D","STR_PINIE.P3D","STR_TOPOL.P3D","STR_TOPOL2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_1.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANDOUMPALM_1.P3D","BRG_ALOE1.P3D","BRG_ALOE2.P3D","BRG_ALOE3.P3D","BRG_BAOBAB_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_2.P3D","BRG_BIRD_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_1.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_2.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_4.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_1.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_1.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_3.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_4.P3D","BRG_DEADSTUFF1.P3D","BRG_ELEGRASS_1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_NEW01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB2.P3D","T_AMYGDALUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_FICUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_JUNIPERUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSE2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSS3S_EP1.P3D","T_PISTACIAL2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSF2S_EP1.P3D","T_PRUNUSS2S_EP1.P3D"]

And FAS will continue to burn trees in Takistan & Isla Duala as well as generate startled birds in them.

Roger, so basically the only thing that could be added would be the support for tree-fires with the AO trees?

Ok, cool, since I dont use that feature, I'm good.

Although - one more question, in large tank battles for example the tank rising from T90s and others disappears and then starts all over again from zero, looks like crap and kills immersion, any way to workaround that? Isnt that something like "maxParticles"?

Roger, so basically the only thing that could be added would be the support for tree-fires with the AO trees?

Ok, cool, since I dont use that feature, I'm good.

Although - one more question, in large tank battles for example the tank rising from T90s and others disappears and then starts all over again from zero, looks like crap and kills immersion, any way to workaround that? Isnt that something like "maxParticles"?

I believe this comes from the mythical-or-is-it "script-lag" problem that I often complain about. Basically, when the PC gets very busy with lots going on, some scripts can be delayed by more than their fair share, meaning that some actions are delayed. Now, as FAS is visual, its easy to see when things get chuggy, what's not so easy to see is AI scripts being delayed also.

It seems to be a problem for some people with older machines, but as this ticket shows it doesn't seem to be a very high priority. I can regularly reproduce these problems, but unless the people who make the decisions can also see the problem, I don't suppose anything can be done.

*edit*

Actually, I don't see any JTD FAS at all in that video. Do you even use it?

Edited by DMarkwick

I know times are tough DM, but is there any way you could release a version that will 100% work in OA? I tried all the other suggestions you and others mentioned and I still cant get this mod to work. I miss it. :(

I know times are tough DM, but is there any way you could release a version that will 100% work in OA? I tried all the other suggestions you and others mentioned and I still cant get this mod to work. I miss it. :(

FAS already does work 100% with OA, all you need is the new tree array definition posted above and an OA compatible CBA version. The install remains the same as in ArmA2.

Do you have FAS in the command line for OA or Combined Arms, whichever you are running?

Not at the moment, but I did. @JTD was my folder name.

And the corresponding userConfig in OA?

Sorry for going through all the obvious issues first. :) No offense intended.

Ye dude I understand that scripting problem. We had it in ACRE too, until we went to an own system that no longer depends on a2s scripting stuff.

However - yes, JTD was enabled. There is no fire, since I disabled it, but the tank smoke and the sand stuff, it is not like this without the mod.