dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Having spawned forest fire a different colour was useful in testing. We would crash aircraft into forests (it was a hard grind... no fun at all) to start fires and having the actual aircraft fire a different colour from the spawned fire help us bugfixing.

Now that we've moved on, perhaps we should have the actual fire colour dependent on *what is actually being burnt*.

Perhaps building alight should be yellow, while trees should be be orange?

I agree, great job with the color options, however I'll be keeping it the same yellowy color because I like to see a difference between Arma fire (ouchy!) and JTD fire (which I disabled damage for).

But great addition to a great mod!

Now that we've moved on, perhaps we should have the actual fire colour dependent on *what is actually being burnt*.

Perhaps building alight should be yellow, while trees should be be orange?

Good idea.

BTW I think that current default fire damage is a bit excessive, you walk past burning bush/tree/sandbag? and your character or fellow units get burnt.

Forest fire sounds are in now, so you can expect crackling & roaring fires around you. As it stands right now, trees will produce orange fires and buildings will produce yellow fires.

I'm currently fiddling with the damage code to make it per tree and not per area, it's not working right now but I'll lick it eventually :)

Good idea.

BTW I think that current default fire damage is a bit excessive, you walk past burning bush/tree/sandbag? and your character or fellow units get burnt.

agree, and I was thinking something like when bullets hit close. You don't take damage but your vision blurs and aim gets shaky when you're close. Only when actually touching the flames do you take damage...but we all know how the collision model is in the game :cool:

Forest fire sounds are in now, so you can expect crackling & roaring fires around you. As it stands right now, trees will produce orange fires and buildings will produce yellow fires...

You gonna upload this change?

That's weird, it seemed to be working for me with 1.04, at least the fire & smoke effects, don't know about the fire propagation.

It's most likely not CBA fault, all other CBA addons are working alright. But there's no forest fire or cool smoke effects anymore. JTD Birds are working though :)

The situation seems a little muddy yet, but it seems that 1.04 breaks some things for some people and not for others. It might be CBA centric or it might not. It might be useful to post game origin (Steam, 505 etc) and any .rpt errors you might be getting.

JTD Fire And Smoke status:

Smoke and forest fires not working, birds work.

A2 version:

Czech boxed version running 1.04 (with english language fix)

.rpt:

click me. (though I don't see anything JTD related there)

JTD works perfect for me so it seems. So far at least.

I load CBA last. Maybe has something to do with it? That it applies to all addons?

Alex.

I load CBA last. Maybe has something to do with it? That it applies to all addons?

Alex.

What origin game do you use?

Alex.

Loading order has nothing to do with CBA. All addons requiring CBA will automaticly be loaded after CBA due to the requiredaddons array in the configs.

professoru.jpg

"Good news everyone!"

Just tested only JTD Fire and Smoke (with CBA), and it seems to work okay (burnt down half of Utes and covered it in smoke successfully). That means 1.04 introduced a new addon conflict? >_<

Or maybe CBA is really broken when using with 1.04.

Edited by Cole

i have the german boxed version [@1.04] and it works fine without any bugs (testet in SP&MP).

I use the alpine-armaII-launcher: I gave the JTD-addon a high priority (at least higher than CBA).-Maybe this is a possible fix for some of you?!

You can simply test it-its not so much work.;)

OK I think that's good news (for me :)). I guess I can go out on a limb and say, subject to my XEH initialisation in config being correct, that the problem lies elsewhere.

However, I will add in CBA to the required addons config section. Currently I only have XEH in there.

@DM

I use 505Games Euro version (english).

Loading order has nothing to do with CBA.

Oh cool. One less thing to worry about. Thanks mate.

However, I will add in CBA to the required addons config section. Currently I only have XEH in there.

Dont think you need anything else then XEH. People talk about CBA as the pack that XEH is in is named CBA.

Edited by andersson
@Alex72. Varsågod ;)

Dont think you need anything else then XEH. People talk about CBA as the pack that XEH is in is named CBA.

Yeah but a late inclusion in JTD_FAS was a CBA function, so I really should :)

Ahh, yes then you should :) Im so waiting for my new gfx-card so I can try this mod (to play at all...)

The situation seems a little muddy yet, but it seems that 1.04 breaks some things for some people and not for others. It might be CBA centric or it might not. It might be useful to post game origin (Steam, 505 etc) and any .rpt errors you might be getting.

i have the DVD from CDWOW and i get an error something like like could not find event-handler? i'll load this mod alone with CBA and test, will post the error screen shot. Thanks.