dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

does this need to be put on a dedicate sever or is it player side only

Everyone needs it. Servers & clients.

Actually if fire damages people and buildings, it would be pretty neat to have fire extinguishers around military bases that the player has built in order to protect assets.

Congrats on the release! :)

EDIT: Remember guys that you can alter the smoke time, particle ammount and if you want forest fires or not (only vehicles etc burning) by editing the HPP file you added into the DTA folder.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I nearly peed myself when I saw this thread in the Complete section. Thank you, the effects look very well ingame and they don't even affect performance (which ArmA1 DMSmoke unfortunately did)!

Yet another certified keeper is rolled out for Arma2 :)

All I would say like another poster here the flame is a but too "yellow" .. a quick quick photoshop of the flame to add some red tint into it would work nice, but its certainly no major issue.

Will you be working on smoke grenade smoke plumes and also weapon fire smoke? So far they are the only things that are not great in this game effects wise.

Also ... I notice a WIP of sparks/fire effect particles .. are you in on that also?

Anyway .. superb work as always sir :)

This is very awesome indeed!

The only thing I'd complain about is the fact there is no indication that you're getting hurt by being too close to the fire :)

Oh no! The cat's out of the bag and scared the birds, so to speak :D

Just tested and....IT LOOKS amazing!!!

Really nice work.....Almost Perfect!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

This is very awesome indeed!

The only thing I'd complain about is the fact there is no indication that you're getting hurt by being too close to the fire :)

Not completely true. Your guy should do the usual "UGH ARGH" sounds when too close. :) At least they done that during all my beta tests. Will go test this latest version now.

Great, but no roaring sound?

(also, will these secret birds conflict with the SLX boirds?)

Not completely true. Your guy should do the usual "UGH ARGH" sounds when too close. :) At least they done that during all my beta tests. Will go test this latest version now.

I had player fire damage, but in an earlier version. I haven't tested the release version either.

I like the attention to detail when the cinders start flying around, awesome job.

Wow!

The Return of the Famous - and Compulsory - JTDee!!

Of course... ain't it typical... I'm away from my Arma rig forra fortnight - barely managing an internet connection out here "on site", dammit!

Did someone mention birds!!!??? Maan, I watched the "startled birds" idea forra year - it showed so much promise then just seemed to fade... What a great idea it was too....

Well thats me got something major-league to look forward to installing when I get home!

Thanks again DMarkwick - as always!!

B

Yeah the birds.

Very cool to be spotting over a large area and see flocks flying up from a forest. You go on the radio asking your teams if anyone is moving in that area. You get the response from all teams "Negative"... Someones movin over there and its not one of yours. :)

awesome man!

i made a video if you want it.

-0SAWOGeOGk

Something to add would be fire that starts small (the sprites?) and increases in size as the fire gets larger as time progresses..

Edited by Fox '09

Does this mod allow vehicles to burn before they are destroyed (i.e at 25% health) as in SLX? I'd like to replace the SLX fire/smoke with this but I also don't want to lose the burning-vehicle feature.