dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Sad news indeed. All my best wishes to him and his family. Hopefully everything will turn out well.

Kind regards

Hey guys,

I have some bad news.

DMarkwick and his family, in the last 10 days, have gone through an indescribable tragedy. He is a private guy overall, so I'll not be posting the details out of respect for him. Suffice it to say that it is the kind of thing that makes JTD, online activities, and ArmA and really anything else seem so very trifling as to not exist.

I will do what I can by way of support until D comes back, assuming he does. However, I can also confess that my motivation to spend time on these things is a bit drained. Tragedies can sometimes bring priorities into focus.

And please, if you can afford thoughts/prayers for him and his family, particularly on Wed. June 23, please offer them up.

Thanks, and I'll try to respond privately to any inquiries as I am able.

Doing that now..

Hope whatever it is work out to the better..

I hope everything turns out for the better on their end, tragedies are never easy.

On an unrelated note; does anybody know if the mod works okay in Operation Arrowhead?

Sad news indeed, best wishes for DMarkwick and his family!

/KC

So I tried downloading the latest version of @CBA for use with JTD Fire and Smoke 0.2 in Operation Arrowhead. When I launch the game it tells me I need a certain XEH file to run the JTD mod. Isn't XEH included with @CBA? Maybe it just doesn't work with AO, but then again people have JTD working with AO apparently. Help? Thanks guys. :)

Best virtual wishes to DMarkwick and his family... Life is so sad sometimes...

@JuggernautOfWar

Fire&Smoke works well with OA, maybe you've not loaded CBA in good priority in the shortcut. XEH is included in CBA, they change the name in CBA_Extended_Eventhandler.pbo recently. Try to put them in the same addon folder (JTD F&S + CBA) if you still have problems.

Thanks to DMarkwick for this wonderful immersive addon, a lot better than vanilla OA ball of fire !

That's due to the current version of CBA not yet being compatible with Arrowhead. Stay tuned... :-)

Hey guys,

I have some bad news.

DMarkwick and his family, in the last 10 days, have gone through an indescribable tragedy. He is a private guy overall, so I'll not be posting the details out of respect for him. Suffice it to say that it is the kind of thing that makes JTD, online activities, and ArmA and really anything else seem so very trifling as to not exist.

I will do what I can by way of support until D comes back, assuming he does. However, I can also confess that my motivation to spend time on these things is a bit drained. Tragedies can sometimes bring priorities into focus.

And please, if you can afford thoughts/prayers for him and his family, particularly on Wed. June 23, please offer them up.

Thanks, and I'll try to respond privately to any inquiries as I am able.

How did I miss this?

DMarkwick, strength and comfort. I don't know what happened, but know there are many ways for a mans heart to be crushed, and a life wrecked.

I hope you have the fortitude to put it back together, as you're here on this planet for a bit longer. Would be a shame to get no satisfaction from that.

Best wishes and prayers.

Will we possibly see a version of JTD compatible with OA. I'd really love to see this amazing mod in OA.

Enad, Your picture is a riot!

When/if DM comes back or if someone else steps up. It's pretty clear it's on hold for now. TRexian explained it pretty well in his last post. We should be hoping for everything to be ok with him instead of spamming for news, christ the guys just gone through a family tragedy.

Scrub,

+1. Well said bud.

I hope all is well DM, take care bud.

Edited by Manzilla

That's due to the current version of CBA not yet being compatible with Arrowhead. Stay tuned... :-)

So everything will still work okay, I just get those because it's not yet fully compatible? I ask because people have it working apparently.

i just tried the mod with oa and while yes its does work for the most part just the long tall smoke that comes from a like a burning tank doesn't look right its really spotty...

So everything will still work okay, I just get those because it's not yet fully compatible? I ask because people have it working apparently.
The old CBA would work (seemingly) fine with a Combined Ops installation, but standalone Arrowhead setups are missing a few things that XEH needs.

This is now solved by the latest CBA v0.5.0 release. Download that and put both the "@CBA" and "@CBA_OA" mod folders into your Arrhowhead installation folder. Then, load up OA with, for example

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@JTD

Combined Ops users (A2+Arrowhead) only need the @CBA mod folder and would use

-mod=@CBA;@JTD

Thanks, I'll try that soon!

The old CBA would work (seemingly) fine with a Combined Ops installation, but standalone Arrowhead setups are missing a few things that XEH needs.

This is now solved by the latest CBA v0.5.0 release. Download that and put both the "@CBA" and "@CBA_OA" mod folders into your Arrhowhead installation folder. Then, load up OA with, for example

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@JTD

Combined Ops users (A2+Arrowhead) only need the @CBA mod folder and would use

-mod=@CBA;@JTD

Thanks man. I've got ArmA2 and OA separately on Steam. What do?

Thanks man. I've got ArmA2 and OA separately on Steam. What do?
Then you can play with three different setups:

1. Only ArmA II
  2. Only Arrowhead
  3. ArmA II and Arrowhead by way of various mod folder loading tricks described here

Here's what you install:

1. For ArmA II, you use the 0.4.2 release of CBA (or the one that came with the recent ACE v1.3 release, which is the same thing). Install that @CBA folder into the ArmA II installation folder.
  2. As described, install v0.5.0 into the Arrowhead folder and -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;other;mods;here
  3. Here you use the Arrowhead .exe and load the old ArmA II content as described in that thread. Once done, load the v0.5.0 @CBA mod folder only.

Edited by Killswitch

Many thanks for the kind words and consideration guys. I appreciate it. My heart is utterly broken with no hope of repair, I have lost more than I can bear to. I hope you guys will cut me some slack and be patient. I will be continuing to improve FAS as & when, but as you'll appreciate its not exactly my top priority. Its difficult for me to find the motivation any more, other than as a very small temporary distraction.

As you'll probably already know by now, you can still use FAS in OA using either an older CBA version, or it's latest OA fixed version. Thanks to the CBA team for that.

As an interim measure, I can provide a small improvement to FAS, in the form of a new JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES array for the config file. It includes new trees for OA and also for the Isla Duala map. Simply replace the array definition in the ArmA2\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp file with this one:

#define JTD_DEFAULT_TREE_NAMES ["T_ACER2S.P3D","T_ALNUS2S.P3D","T_BETULA1F.P3D","T_BETULA2F.P3D","T_BETULA2S.P3D","T_BETULA2W.P3D","T_CARPINUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2F.P3D","T_FAGUS2S.P3D","T_FAGUS2W.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2S.P3D","T_FRAXINUS2W.P3D","T_LARIX3F.P3D","T_LARIX3S.P3D","T_MALUS1S.P3D","T_PICEA1S.P3D","T_PICEA2S.P3D","T_PICEA3F.P3D","T_PINUSN1S.P3D","T_PINUSN2S.P3D","T_PINUSS2F.P3D","T_POPULUS3S.P3D","T_PYRUS2S.P3D","T_QUERCUS2F.P3D","T_QUERCUS3S.P3D","T_SALIX2S.P3D","T_SORBUS2S.P3D","T_STUB_PICEA.P3D","DD_BOROVICE.P3D","DD_BOROVICE02.P3D","DD_BUSH01.P3D","DD_BUSH02.P3D","HRUSEN2.P3D","JABLON.P3D","KER BUXUS.P3D","KER DERAVEJ.P3D","KER PICHLAVEJ.P3D","KROVI.P3D","KROVI2.P3D","KROVI4.P3D","KROVI_BIGEST.P3D","KROVI_LONG.P3D","LES_BUK.P3D","LES_DUB.P3D","LES_DUB_JINY.P3D","LES_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM.P3D","LES_SINGLESTROM_B.P3D","OLIVIA.P3D","PALMTEST.P3D","PALM_01.P3D","PALM_02.P3D","PALM_03.P3D","PALM_04.P3D","PALM_09.P3D","PALM_10.P3D","SMRK_SIROKY.P3D","SMRK_VELKY.P3D","STR BRIZA.P3D","STR BUK.P3D","STR DUB JINY.P3D","STR DUB.P3D","STR HABR.P3D","STR JAVOR.P3D","STR JERABINA.P3D","STR KASTAN.P3D","STR KROVISKO VYSOKE.P3D","STR LIPA.P3D","STR OSIKA.P3D","STR TRNKA.P3D","STR VRBA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_KRIVA.P3D","STR_BRIZA_ROVNA.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK2.P3D","STR_FIKOVNIK_KER.P3D","STR_LISKAC.P3D","STR_PINIE.P3D","STR_TOPOL.P3D","STR_TOPOL2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_1.P3D","BRG_AFRICANBOXWOOD_2.P3D","BRG_AFRICANDOUMPALM_1.P3D","BRG_ALOE1.P3D","BRG_ALOE2.P3D","BRG_ALOE3.P3D","BRG_BAOBAB_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_1.P3D","BRG_BIRD_2.P3D","BRG_BIRD_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_1.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_2.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_3.P3D","BRG_BOTTLE_4.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_1.P3D","BRG_CARISSA_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_1.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_2.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_3.P3D","BRG_DATEPALM_4.P3D","BRG_DEADSTUFF1.P3D","BRG_ELEGRASS_1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA01B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA02B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA03B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA04B.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_NEW01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB01.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB02.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB1.P3D","BRG_UMBRELLA_ACACIA_SHRUB2.P3D","T_AMYGDALUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_FICUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_JUNIPERUSC2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSE2S_EP1.P3D","T_PINUSS3S_EP1.P3D","T_PISTACIAL2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSB2S_EP1.P3D","T_POPULUSF2S_EP1.P3D","T_PRUNUSS2S_EP1.P3D"]

And FAS will continue to burn trees in Takistan & Isla Duala as well as generate startled birds in them.

Kindest regards

DMarkwick.

Edited by DMarkwick

Im not sure if their is anyone who wouldn't cut you some slack after what you have been through mate because it does sound awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

That's absolutely heart-breaking news, DMarkwick. My thoughts are with you. Thank you so much for what you've done for the BI community and we can only hope you'll find some inspiration in the future to dabble with the gaming hobby of yours again.