dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Any possibility of making the fires cause damage? ACE for example.

Isn't that already a feature?

EDIT:

I'm not sure about damage to the player/AI units though. I think it damages vehicles and objects though. I could be mistaken though.

Edited by Manzilla

Rgr mate thanks for the reply :)

I have another question, sorry :p

When you said it should stop other players being spammed in MP does that mean that if they dont have the mod, they wont get killed by the fire?

I think that all depends on whether the server is running it.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Isn't that already a feature?

EDIT:

I'm not sure about damage to the player/AI units though. I think it damages vehicles and objects though. I could be mistaken though.

It is a feature yes :) but as it's trigger based it's a little flakey sometimes.

Hi DMarkwick,

I've noticed that the fire sounds are overly loud when viewed in camera. It seems like they are played globally and not locally to a position. I'll give you an example. A BMP explodes and is on fire and that fire has spread to a few surrounding trees. When I am close to it personally it sounds fine, but if I go into camera mode and look around, even far away from it, I can hear the fire burning.

Is there a quick fix in the config ?

Cheers mate.

DMarkwick, if you're using Blastcore, can you test wether it work with Fire&Smoke?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I'm using blastcore but I'm not getting fire.

But nothing is catching fire, all I'm getting is thick plumes of smoke.

I have no problems with things catching fire using both Blastcore and F&S. Make sure that the thing you are blowing up is in a forest or beside some buildings !

Cars and trucks arent going up in flames anymore, as they were before, mind you, I am using Anders sound mod and deleted warFX. I'm wondering is they this might have some change?

Try without ANY other mods except CBA, Blastcore and JTD F&S. Then report back.

Hi DMarkwick,

I've noticed that the fire sounds are overly loud when viewed in camera. It seems like they are played globally and not locally to a position. I'll give you an example. A BMP explodes and is on fire and that fire has spread to a few surrounding trees. When I am close to it personally it sounds fine, but if I go into camera mode and look around, even far away from it, I can hear the fire burning.

Is there a quick fix in the config ?

Cheers mate.

This fix will be in the next release. It's the difference between using the "say" command, and using the "say3d" command :)

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

DMarkwick, if you're using Blastcore, can you test wether it work with Fire&Smoke?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I'm using blastcore but I'm not getting fire.

There's no reason why Blastcore could interfere with FAS, apart from maybe hitting the hardcoded particle number limit. FAS is entirely independant apart from it's CBA dependency, all its code & assets are internal, and no default effects are altered, it's all additional effects layered over existing effects.

Edited by DMarkwick

Cars and trucks arent going up in flames anymore, as they were before, mind you, I am using Anders sound mod and deleted warFX. I'm wondering is they this might have some change?

Sig,

Make sure you have the most recent CBA and no others. Also make sure there's no old extended_eventhandlers.pbo in any folders. That file is now part of CBA. As Kremator said please test it with just Blastcore, CBA and FAS. Disable every other mod/AddOns that may be in use. Lastly, make sure you only have the vanilla A2 files in the main AddOns/directory. I'm not sure if you ever put anything in there but it never hurts to make sure.

I did download Extraeffecs, and thats when the fire was not present anymore. Does Extraeffecs need to go into a userconfig file?

After I un-enabled Extraeffecs the problem was still there. Everything is up to date.

Is anyone using these mods:

SLX

Sound of Anders

I did download Extraeffecs, and thats when the fire was not present anymore. Does Extraeffecs need to go into a userconfig file?

After I un-enabled Extraeffecs the problem was still there. Everything is up to date.

SLX

Sound of Anders

I am using SLX, and I think it does remove (at least most of) the vehicle explosions. But, it still shouldn't interfere with the functionality of FAS, as it works off the killed event which SLX does not interfere with as far as I'm aware.

SLX

Sound of Anders

No but try without SLX, then try with out Sounds of Anders. Check the SLX folder for extended_eventhandlers.pbo. I know it requires it but can't remember if it's included in the mod. If it's in there then erase it. But try with out SLX and Anders first.

What is extra effects? What DL is that from? You need to have the JTD folder with JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp in the userconfig folder.

Is it worth having SLX, does Blastcore do a better job?

No but try without SLX, then try with out Sounds of Anders.

What is extra effects? What DL is that from? You need to have the JTD folder with JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp in the userconfig folder.

ExtraEffects is a little tiny release I made that adds an effect to grenades. It's dependent on FAS, and is the only effect in the addon :D but I thought I'd release it as a separate addon so I can add little things that affect default configs to keep any conflicts away from FAS.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Is it worth having SLX, does Blastcore do a better job?

I don't use SLX for it's visual effects abilities, I use it for its AI abilities. They seem to act much more realistically than any other comparable AI addon, and I simply disable any of the other SLX stuff I don't require.

It is possible to have only the smoke effect with this mods ?

Yes, there is a config file where everything else can be turned off.

Thanks but i haven't found the good line, can you give me the line please ?

(I don't speak very well english).

They seem to act much more realistically than any other comparable AI addon, and I simply disable any of the other SLX stuff I don't require.

Could you name the SLX files you use, and you think are important?

DMarkwick,

I have been a fan of your work for some time. Thanks for your continued work on this fantastic mod.

As a fire chief this mod has some extra intrest for me. I did view the beta 3 1 video and it looks very nice, I was wondering if at some point the vapor boiling effects in the upcoming version will transition to a similar animation of your previous versions?

Is the new flame effect assigned to specific object types (vehicles, buildings or trees) or does everything burn (flame ) the same?

Thanks

Where is this video at?

He posted it on page 64. There is one more I found on youtube

Give it a look

DMarkwick,

I have been a fan of your work for some time. Thanks for your continued work on this fantastic mod.

As a fire chief this mod has some extra intrest for me. I did view the beta 3 1 video and it looks very nice, I was wondering if at some point the vapor boiling effects in the upcoming version will transition to a similar animation of your previous versions?

The new effect is apparent for the lowest part of the fire, and it grades into the old effect at the top. When the fuel burns away, the old animation continues until it fades away.

Is the new flame effect assigned to specific object types (vehicles, buildings or trees) or does everything burn (flame ) the same?

Only vehicles i.e. objects with fuel have a chance of getting the new effect, on an approx. 50% basis. Al other objects buildings trees etc just burn with the normal fire effect.

The new effect is apparent for the lowest part of the fire, and it grades into the old effect at the top. When the fuel burns away, the old animation continues until it fades away.

Only vehicles i.e. objects with fuel have a chance of getting the new effect, on an approx. 50% basis. Al other objects buildings trees etc just burn with the normal fire effect.

Great, sounds good. My only concern was that the only time we see fire with this type of behavior is when fuel (POL or other) is under pressure. When the fuel gets hot it expands and the pressure inside the vessel (tank or container) aspirates the fuel or atomizes it. After the pressure is gone by lack of fuel, heat or the breach (hole) is too large this behavior is gone and replaced by normal free burning.

Knowing that only so much can be done in ARMA 2, I am still amazed by what you have done. Hope this helps.

Will you update damage of radient heat from these fires?