Sign in to follow this  
.kju

PROPER projects - game tweaks of all sorts

PostFX is post processing isn't it?

Yes and Kju when we can expect new version of CBA?

CBA addon is not compatible with latest ARMA2 version (1.04)!

You're replacing Functions module init.sqf with your own init_functionsmodule.sqf! While original file was updated, the one in CBA stays old. To ensure forward compatibility and prevent unintended errors, please find cleaner solution than altering official files.

Same for another files you're altering, if there are any.

I am not involved in CBA. :)

Is there any other dedicated server admin having issues with the PROPER.bikey?

I installed it on my key subfolder, and the dedicated server hangs up for long after saying the dedi launched and before saying the server identity is created.

There's like 2 minutes between the 2 messages (during which windows tells me the server process doesn't respond anymore).

Then, any player connecting will make the server crash?

Is there other people with the same issue, or is it my server only having something wrong?

Hey Kju could you make a mod that has all the nice looking post processing effects except for the motion blur?

Not possible from what I can tell.

Maybe via shader modification - no expertise in that area.

normally i would go through the whole thread to find out what download i should use here, but i just dont have the time today for that, so my question is, what should i download for the best performance and best look?

... forgot the most important one in terms of stutter issues:

structures_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.7z - 218 MB

(1st Res LOD removed, 1st and last mipmap)

structures_VeryLow_Visuals_R_PROPER.7z - 78 MB

(1st two Res LOD removed, 1st two and last two mipmaps)

Untested. Feedback needed which objects look bad.

Please provide a simple sample mission standing in-front of the problematic object.

Hi,

I just tested the Object drawing distance tweaks and the result is amazing. I got a smooth performance and a great gameplay because you can see action from far away, mainly when using optics.

This is a must have to get better balance between landscape and units in the scene :D

Congratulations and thanks for the job!

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

I just tried out your vegetation and building mods and they are amazing. So good that I think BI should incorporate them into their next patch to optimize the game.

I agree. Using the low plants and buildings makes the game so much smoother. No longer a headache with stuff popping all over the place.

Hello kju !

Thank you for these very nice addons : they now allow me to find some pleasure in playing Arma 2 ! Without them, it's slideshow party.

Regarding the "drawing distance fix", which is quite nice also, how do I need to alter the files if I want to increase/decrease the distance at which objects are shown ?

Thanks !

Malick

Extract the pbo and play with the featureSize value and repack.

Mind you that the graphics setting 'object detail' also changes drawing distance (amount)

of objects.

With 3 files per proper tweak, and a shitload of tweaks :) I find it very hard to download them. Is there any way of keeping an updated archive so we could get away with just one download?

Hey Kju, where those two keys I found after clicking a download in that list the only ones I need? After I placed them in the key folder, I couldn't join certain servers anyway. All I am running all the vegetation and building mods. Am I missing something? I am not very familiar with the keys system in ArmA and ArmA 2. Does the server need to have some sort of key too?

@ ReconTeam

Yes. The server admin needs to put the key on his server, for you to be able to join.

Not working well .. so hopefully you are playing on a server you know the admin.

As client you only need the pbo and the bisign file in the same folder.

@ Carl Gustaffa

Armaholic wanted to do this from what I recall.

The other option you have is to sync with public git repository of PROPER.

I have noticed a few buildings that with the your low-building mod appear blurry at very short distances, like as if you were looking at them from 1000 meters away. Mainly small sheds in stuff. For example in that town on the southeast of Utes, look at the shed to the north of the burnt-out Church.

Other wise both mods seem to work great, although I see the greatest FPS increase with the low-vegetation mod.

Are you plan to change those green unit colors into better looking one eg. grey-black-white - less distracting?

What about reworking the briefing menu to a more believable one? Imho black text on white background is still today more eyefriendly and better to read. Thought it could be nice to have a menu where all people could setup the color and the HUD stuff... :bounce3:

Yep. I have a white addon (WIP), yet it is ugly to find every spot in the configs.

Not much prio atm unfortunately. In the end one goal of PROPER is to educate people

in config modification to be able to do it themselves.

Unfortunately haven't seen really people get into it..

What about "Arma2 tweaking + tuning in a Nutshell". ;)

yet it is ugly to find every spot in the configs.

Arent BIS changing the design for OA maybe a dev can point us to the right configs? Bit strange that in 2009/2010 people arent able to change the menu + HUD appearance/design "on the fly". :confused:

Like these?

Learn_from_the_configs

Addon_Configuration

Basic Config File

A real guide .. sounds like a good plan, yet I gave that up.

95% of the people aren't interested or dedicated - not their fault:

society made them that way.

It is not about the right config, yet the definitions are in many different classes.

Could it be done easier, yes - much without a lot effort, no.