Sign in to follow this  
Delta 51

Broken Sound

While the speed of sound has been fixed, I am finding that when a machine gun fires or any weapons with a high rate of fire, the sound ends up cutting out so that the said weapon merely sounds like it is firing in single shots with 5 seconds delay.

Yes i also get this, so i just dont run the beta anymore.

As I wrote already on the beta patch thread, I have the same problem. Gun shots can be heard only occasionally.

Edited by Curry

yep, I also experienced this just now with BMP2 main cannon. The sound just wont play. Then the AT round impact, sometimes there is sometimes there isn't.

yep-me and some mates have exactly the same issues as Delta 51 described since the first 1.03 beta came out. Before that i didnt have any problems with the sound.

I didnt change any audiosettings (X-Fi XtremeGamer, 2.18.0013 driver, Creative ALchemy 1.25.10) since patch 1.02.

Besides, I think for this bug its not important which OS (for me Win7) you run, because there are listed all kinds of OS in the threads where yo can find the bug (xp, Vista, Win7). Also if you have onboardsound or an external soundcard-there is no difference for me and my mates to improve the sound to the quality which was given in 1.00-1.03.

Hope you can fix it soon, because apart from that, the betas increase the gameplay a lot.

Just tried the 58930 Build and it's same for me and been so since 1.03 (most evident in larger firefights).

Realtek ALC889A High Definition Audio System (Driver version R2.24)

Windows XP Pro SP 2 (32-bit)

/KC

Is anyone having problems where the sound is like... fizzing out. I'll hear a lot of gunfire and then suddenly the sound will start to fizzle and crackle and then just stop altogether. It fizzes back on when the firing dies down a bit.

Maybe it's my onboard but I've only noticed it since 1.03

Hyas cm, I have the SupremeFX X-Fi s/c on my Crosshair 3, that is exactly what happens to me with 1.03. I`ll be firing the rifle, then it starts to distort, Then crackle fizzle, then it cuts out. Then comes back. I freaking hate it really. Drives me bonkers. Hope they fix this soon.

This thread wasn't about the crackling so much as the abundance of an automatic rate of fire being reduced to a single shot audio every 5 seconds, aswell as the fact that only a few sounds are played at oen time, eg 1 single shot rifle and cracks (where it is meant to be 5 auto weapons with cracks and frags, but some sounds just arent being sent through or played).

Remember this is for the BETA patches not 1.03.

I noticed when i played around that sonic cracks seemed to shorten sounds off. Also ofcourse the MG's are missing sounds a lot. It seems to have gotten a little better with the latest builds. I think?

Anyway im working on a small video to show the other problems that have been since day one. One of those 2 things im really annoyed about is the fact that if you have a mate firing a weapon close to you - you will hear it on both ears. So if your mate is to your right you hear his firing on both ears instead of your right ear.

I have to make a video of this with some speech over to explain the these quirks. And hopefully BIS can find what the issues are and fix it.

Alex

I have the same problem in latest beta (gunshots cut...). My comp: X-Fi Xtreme Audio with latest drivers, Vista 64-bit, HD4980 (with 9.8 but that new "HDMI audio"-thing disabled because it distorted the sound)

I feel the sound issue should be a priority as that is meant to be a game play mechanic in which is not finished or working. It is a core element in which a true sim would rely on, firing shots strategically, using the crack thump after firing a round to find cover as not to be seen. Simply put it, even after the game is out and "patch" it is still far from being a quality level release in which indie game developers have done better.

These mouse issues can be solved by turning on or off the dead zone it's not a priority, it is a glitch not a bug. Fixing the enemy vehicle kill problem wasn't even needed at all, in real life a soldier doesn't shoot a tank, hop in it and know what to do, it was a good way to punish people using enemy equipment, this is meant to be a sim, and so the sim features should be fixed before the anything else regardless.

Edited by Delta 51

I feel the sound issue should be a priority as that is meant to be a game play mechanic in which is not finished or working. It is a core element in which a true sim would rely on, firing shots strategically, using the crack thump after firing a round to find cover as not to be seen. Simply put it, even after the game is out and "patch" it is still far from being a quality level release in which indie game developers have done better.

These mouse issues can be solved by turning on or off the dead zone it's not a priority, it is a glitch not a bug. Fixing the enemy vehicle kill problem wasn't even needed at all, in real life a soldier doesn't shoot a tank, hop in it and know what to do, it was a good way to punish people using enemy equipment, this is meant to be a sim, and so the sim features should be fixed before the anything else regardless.

As I agree that the sound issues are really bad in the beta patches, it doesnt mean the other issues are not important since you personally dont have problems with it. Using enemy tanks for example, is common in CTI/Warfare and is considered a tactcical move, albeit less realistic.

I really would love some more dev input in this part of the forums. Its simple to repro, so I wonder why it takes so long

I'm also experiencing the same problem Delta 51 reported. I'm sure you're working on this already, but it would be great to see improvement in this area as it adds a lot to the game.

Sounds fizzing out (distorting) is back with a vengeance in latest 58972 beta build, this did appeared to be fixed (or dramatically improved) in 1.03 release version.

Using -openal improves things for me a lot, though overall sound effect volume is slightly lower.

Positional audio rendering is also borked, as Alex72 reported.

SoundBlaster X-Fi fatal1ty, driver version 2.18.0008

OpenAL 2.0.7

Sennheiser HD650 headphones

Windows XP Pro SP2

Good work on the beta release testing system BIS!!

SO the sound problem is getting worse?

SO the sound problem is getting worse?

For me yes.... never had any sound issues but with the beta it's really bad!

Is anyone having problems where the sound is like... fizzing out. I'll hear a lot of gunfire and then suddenly the sound will start to fizzle and crackle and then just stop altogether. It fizzes back on when the firing dies down a bit.

Maybe it's my onboard but I've only noticed it since 1.03

Yeah im having some kind of similar problems too. But it wasnt from the beta patch it was from the first patch. The demo played alright just when i bought the game and started playing when the firing gets intense usually m249 or tank cannons the sound crackles and turns off for like a 5 second period then it comes back to normal when the gunshots slow.

Its a relief to know im not the only person because arma 1/OFP had none of this.

Yeah im having some kind of similar problems too. But it wasnt from the beta patch it was from the first patch. The demo played alright just when i bought the game and started playing when the firing gets intense usually m249 or tank cannons the sound crackles and turns off for like a 5 second period then it comes back to normal when the gunshots slow.

Its a relief to know im not the only person because arma 1/OFP had none of this.

Same with the Auzentech Forte (X-Fi). The sound needs some work IMHO.

Eth